+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I sure hope so--I cannot stand T&S and continually hope for them to fall by the wayside. of course that probably means the first time they come in last, it'll be a nEL.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

You're probably right, queenb. We're due for a NEL anyway...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I enjoyed Ken and Tina during this episode. When Ken said they were having fun, I believed him. I could see it in their faces. And it lasted until the temple room search...quite a while. I should have known Aja and Ty were doomed from their soft edit - no harsh words, no over the top anxiety. They were behind, but they kept trucking along - good for them. I dislike the divorcees more and more each episode. They must have studied for the trip by reading internet blogs and carried that snark over into the race...not cool.

This episode I enjoyed the "race" part of it where the majority of the teams were passing each other right and left. Other than that, and seeing highlights of Cambodia, I still do not have this season on my radar as must see TV. Is it just me and my jaded state? I'm not giving up, and I hope to connect before long.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was just thinking and I realized that now that Aja and Ty are gone that there is only only one team of 2 that i completely like which happen to be Dallas and Toni. Every other team has one annoying member or I find both annoying..how sad. Dallas and Toni for the win!
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3223641;
    I looked on Wikipedia, and it says that Frank & Margarita and Joe & Bill checked into the pit stop first and second, respectively. But they were both assessed a 30-min because they read a clue wrong (I'm not sure how they read it wrong, Wiki doesn't say ). But no one checked in during that allotted time, so the standings remained as they were.

I'm thinking Ex. 2 was what happpened. The production team probably didn't know that they broke the law until a cameraguy told them, which is why Phil talked to them after everyone checked in. At the end of the episode, Phil's narration told us, the viewers, that the 30-min penalty didn't affect the final standings and that Terence & Sarah were still 3rd. The only thing that the penalty affects is that Terence & Sarah will have to leave the pit stop 30 minutes later.
    Wiki's in error here - I do remember the first season quite well, and I know there were teams assessed a speeding penalty of X minutes per mile over. The only ones who read a clue wrong that first season I recall were Nancy and Emily, who ended up not following a detour, and got in a taxi instead of a bus - and didn't do the rest of the stop.

They were assessed I think a 24-hour penalty, which let Joe and Bill continue. Had they followed the clue properly, Nancy and Emily would've continued that particular leg because Joe and Bill squandered their fast forward and just took a long break at a hotel at a fairly posh place in India. Still, in the end, it affected Joe and Bill to the point they were 24 hours behind first place and were in Alaska when the first team finished. To my knowledge, they're the only team who was in the top three to not complete the race.

And, if CBS says they were bumped down to fifth place with the penalty, and they say that they were assessed a penalty, then I would guess that it was a double penalty for getting a ticket, which CBS would have to spend time and money to get dismissed or pay for it. Or CBS totally has confused us again.

Personally, I think that if you get a ticket, you should be assessed an hour's penalty, because you are doing something illegal to get an advantage in the race.

Of course, watch that the next leg has the other fast forward, they get it and are in first.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3223708;
    Wiki's in error here - I do remember the first season quite well, and I know there were teams assessed a speeding penalty of X minutes per mile over. The only ones who read a clue wrong that first season I recall were Nancy and Emily, who ended up not following a detour, and got in a taxi instead of a bus - and didn't do the rest of the stop.

They were assessed I think a 24-hour penalty, which let Joe and Bill continue. Had they followed the clue properly, Nancy and Emily would've continued that particular leg because Joe and Bill squandered their fast forward and just took a long break at a hotel at a fairly posh place in India. Still, in the end, it affected Joe and Bill to the point they were 24 hours behind first place and were in Alaska when the first team finished. To my knowledge, they're the only team who was in the top three to not complete the race.

And, if CBS says they were bumped down to fifth place with the penalty, and they say that they were assessed a penalty, then I would guess that it was a double penalty for getting a ticket, which CBS would have to spend time and money to get dismissed or pay for it. Or CBS totally has confused us again.

Personally, I think that if you get a ticket, you should be assessed an hour's penalty, because you are doing something illegal to get an advantage in the race.

Of course, watch that the next leg has the other fast forward, they get it and are in first.
    Nancy and Emily were doing the task at hand and (I don't remember if it was a detour) but they did not finish it. They gave up and went on to the pitstop.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was really sorry to see Aja & Ty go. They're one of the few teams I really like this season. I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be another season where 1 of the least favorite teams wins.

Last night's was one of the best episodes in a while. It was exciting and the scenery was GORGEOUS! Who knew Cambodia was so beautiful? Anyway, I was definitely rooting for Nick and Starr, I'm a big fan of theirs. It may have something to do with the fact that I've seen Nick in The Fantasticks here in the city, so I've gotta root for our "hometown" boy. I like Terrence and Sarah too, but mainly because they're from NY. Did anyone hear Terrence yell at Sarah for running ahead of him in the airport?! The guys a nut but he cracks me up. I can't see those two being together for long.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3223669;
    Other than that, and seeing highlights of Cambodia, I still do not have this season on my radar as must see TV. Is it just me and my jaded state? I'm not giving up, and I hope to connect before long.

For me, this season is not as appealing for two main reasons. One of it is the lack of challenging tasks and the other is the relatively boring teams.
    Last edited by xtremist; 10-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist;3223870;

For me, this season is not as appealing for two main reasons. One of it is the lack of challenging tasks and the relatively boring teams.
    Where's Jonathan when you need him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread