+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3224644;
    The Race has had to adjust and evolve as new situations come up. I don't have a problem with this. In fact I think it is great that TAR isn't inflexible. Penalties aren't meant to automatically eliminate you from the game, but to discourage the need for them. They are harsh enough to keep you from breaking them lightly.

I enjoyed Rob's solution to his weak stomach. It was clever and within the rules of the show.
    NO, there is a differnce in not completing a det/rb as that is part of the TAR.
    The det/rb are part of learning the culture of the country they are in. By your philosphy the teams should just start skipping det/rb and accepting the time penalties. LIke Romber than can decide in a group to just skip the task alltogether and still be in the game.

If a team misreads or doesn't follow the instructions but finishes their det/rb then they should get a penalty. This is fair to accept their fate.

When you allow a team to stay in the TAR when the just skip the det/rb that is not fair to the other teams and quite pointless to have TAR iteslf.

FORT Regular

With Rob's thing I think his penalty was 4 hours starting after the next team arrived at the challenge, not just 4 hours from when he said he didn't want to do it. So that was an equalizing factor. He would have been royally screwed if he didn't convince others to throw it too.

With Emily and Nancy, was part of their problem with the detour that no one would sell them bus tickets because they were two women traveling together and they (the ticket sellers) were being sexist pigs? I thought that was an issue with some team, I just don't remember if it was them. If that was the case and that's why they had to take the taxi then it really, really stinks they were so harshly penalized.

This season isn't doing much for me. Hate the divorcees. I picture them as Heba and Vicky from Biggest Loser if they lose all the weight. Same bitter harpy stock, just packaged better. Toni and Dallas are fine. Nick and Starr are okay. Don't know if she pushed the sports bra over the ledge but I'd give her bonus points if she did while the chick was still wearing it.
    Last edited by moosemommy1213; 10-28-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clarification of who was a sexist pig

Quote Originally Posted by umass;3224651;
    When you allow a team to stay in the TAR when the just skip the det/rb that is not fair to the other teams and quite pointless to have TAR iteslf.
    Most teams are capable of completing and want to complete the tasks given. It is unrealistic to believe that all or most of the teams would just refuse to do one as a group. However, there is always a possibility that a team will be unable for whatever reason to complete a task and there needs to be a fair/reasonable contingency plan for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112