+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I'm happy Ty & Aja were eliminated. It's not like this season has been amazing so far. It's been pretty lackluster. And I felt that Ty & Aja were the most boring of all the couples that are left, so yeah. It can only help to take the least entertaining people out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3224227;
    That said, even if Nancy and Emily quit that detour, I still thought 24 hours was a tad harsh because it basically just eliminates a team. They weren't flat out cheating. What I think they should've done was put in X amount of hours they got in advantage, plus one hour more for the penalty.
    Ugh, just talking about that penalty makes me mad all over again. A 24-hr penalty is just way too long and like you said, it's a guarantee that you'll be out of there.

I hope they have changed how long the penalty for quitting a detour is, even though no one has quit a detour since Nancy & Emily.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3224309;
    I hope they have changed how long the penalty for quitting a detour is, even though no one has quit a detour since Nancy & Emily.
    Didn't we get this answer during Rob/Amber's season? Didn't he refuse to do an eating challenge and was penalized 6 hours or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3224310;
    Didn't we get this answer during Rob/Amber's season? Didn't he refuse to do an eating challenge and was penalized 6 hours or something like that?
    That was a Roadblock.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3224310;
    Do remember that - but I think another one didn't do it or couldn't complete it and also was penalized. Don't remember the time, but it was six hours though, it really irks me given Nancy and Emily at least did complete the other required task (Emily in the road block with the tigers in the tiger pit) and were penalized as harshly as they were.

They just were cursed of being in the first season when things were still touch and go. It's similar to Pascal in "Survivor Marquesas" and the purple rock - though then again he'd probably been medically evacuated given he passed out shortly after leaving the tribal council.

That said, at least it looks like they're double penalizing (well at least penalizing) Terrance and Sarah for doing something that is against the law - speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3224031;
    How the heck do you guys remember all these details about past seasons? I have watched them all and enjoyed them all, but I can't tell you squat, and some of the people you guys mention I can't even remember.

Now this season, I only like Dallas and his Mom.
    Hope it is okay to post this link here. I found it by googling and refer to it a lot (because, like dberk, my memory fades quickly after each season!)

Amazing Race: Past Seasons - Amazing Race

And, according to this site and something I actually did remember!, the penalty was 4 hours....not six....for Rob and Amber and the others who quit that eating challenge. I remember Rob looking to Amber and asking her what the "book" said about not being able to finish and she said the penalty would be four hours. That's when his mind went into overdrive, thinking he just had to convince one or more teams to follow his lead. On this site, it also said that Patrick actually did quit the eating challenge, but then went back and finished all of the food. That was something that was never shown on the show.

To the Point

I have decided that perhaps Terrence and Sarah really do deserve each other. Initially I kept yelling at Sarah to "run away", now I just think they are equally annoying and really shouldn't impose themselves on anyone else.

Thanks MamaC, I appreciate you posting that link.

I was one of the few who actually enjoyed watching Boston Rob manipulate others. I always thought it made the game more interesting, and it amazed me how many people bought into it even when they knew he was the king of manipulation.

I really like Dallas and Mom, Nick and Star are okay, and it seems like there may be one other team that is tolerable, but maybe not since I can't recall a name. The Frat boys just make me cringe, the divorcees just need to go home with their superiority complex, Ken and Tina (is that right?) have moments when they aren't too bad, I just think their strained relationship shows in so many ways. I love Dallas and Mom and am so pleased that there is actually a parent/child team that seem to have a relatively normal, functioning relationship. It's refreshing.

CCL

Honestly, I think if a team quits a roadblock or detour they should be hit with a huge penatly so I don't mind the 24 hours that was assigned to Nancy and Emily. The whole point of the game is to do the different detours and roadblocks. If teams don't do them they should be penalized harshly (if not kicked out of the game).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3224443;
    Honestly, I think if a team quits a roadblock or detour they should be hit with a huge penatly so I don't mind the 24 hours that was assigned to Nancy and Emily. The whole point of the game is to do the different detours and roadblocks. If teams don't do them they should be penalized harshly (if not kicked out of the game).
    Don't mind the harsh penalties too, but it 24 hours is extreme, such as what happened with Rob and Amber's season. And, as with the others, Nancy and Emily did at least attempt to do the detour properly, then gave up. Four hours can already make a difference in how the next leg goes anyway, so that's punishment enough IMHO.

A good compromise between the two extremes (24 vs. the current 4) would be at least a 4 hour penalty, or that and add the time between the team that quit or went on and the last place team to complete that challenge successfully added on top of it.

Example: Joe Brown and Jack Green try a task and just simply cannot do it. They leave. Then the last team to finish, say Sally Yellow and Josh Blue complete it three hours later. Brown and Green arrive, but Phil says "I'm sorry, you must wait a seven hour penalty due to your failure to complete the task. Depending on when the last team arrives, they may or may not be eliminated.

I guess what made me upset is that it was 24 hours for Nancy and Emily, who did try the task too, and only 4 for later seasons. You know Joe and Bill got lucky because had they done a penalty such as the above, they'd been eliminated. Then again, they were about several hours behind the leaders, so it'd not mattered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3224309;
    I'm happy Ty & Aja were eliminated. It's not like this season has been amazing so far. It's been pretty lackluster. And I felt that Ty & Aja were the most boring of all the couples that are left, so yeah. It can only help to take the least entertaining people out of there.

Ugh, just talking about that penalty makes me mad all over again. A 24-hr penalty is just way too long and like you said, it's a guarantee that you'll be out of there.

Yeah, I agree this group is boring and so far the detours/roadblock are also dull.
    If you quit a detour/road block the penalty should be elimination. Giving time penalties only promotes cheating (Romber).

The Race has had to adjust and evolve as new situations come up. I don't have a problem with this. In fact I think it is great that TAR isn't inflexible. Penalties aren't meant to automatically eliminate you from the game, but to discourage the need for them. They are harsh enough to keep you from breaking them lightly.

I enjoyed Rob's solution to his weak stomach. It was clever and within the rules of the show.

+ Reply to Thread