+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I do not like the 2 divorcees, was hoping for them to come in last!!

CCL

The two divorcees are such twits. I did enjoy them at the basketball court looking for the clue box. We should hook them up with the frat boys - they could be nitwits together.

How am I supposed to root for Dallas when he is consorting with the devil (aka Starr) next week?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3223944;
    The two divorcees are such twits. I did enjoy them at the basketball court looking for the clue box. We should hook them up with the frat boys - they could be nitwits together.
    And they also went to the wrong gas station and then actually walked into a restroom looking for the clue! LOL

Jadewarlock....in Season 4, Dave and Jeff also were in the top three and did not make it to the finishline. Reichen and Chip came in first and Kelly and John came in second while Dave and Jeff were still in Hawaii.

IIRC, I think Nancy and Emily were in Thailand and had to look for a specific van/taxi/bus and they walked around forever trying to find it. They just could not find it! Tired and frustrated, they gave up, grabbed a taxi and went to the pitstop. For quitting the detour, they got a 24-hour penalty which basically put them out of the race.

To the Point

How the heck do you guys remember all these details about past seasons? I have watched them all and enjoyed them all, but I can't tell you squat, and some of the people you guys mention I can't even remember.

Now this season, I only like Dallas and his Mom.

Oh goodness.... That Terrence is too much for me! "Touch me!" and complaining about her running ahead of him - there's never been another guy in this race that I can remember being this needy/desperate. I don't know how Sarah stands him! She's kind of a nut case herself, but he's way over the edge.
    I like Dallas and his mom, too, and the brother/sister team are okay too, but the other teams are just not very likeable! I love having teams I can root for, but this season has been lacking in that department. Nevertheless, I LOVE this show!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3224031;
    How the heck do you guys remember all these details about past seasons? I have watched them all and enjoyed them all, but I can't tell you squat, and some of the people you guys mention I can't even remember.
    I think the same thing. I forget each season almost from the time they cross the finish line. My memory is terrible. I only remember the occassional highlight like "My ox is broken!"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3223985;
    And they also went to the wrong gas station and then actually walked into a restroom looking for the clue! LOL

Jadewarlock....in Season 4, Dave and Jeff also were in the top three and did not make it to the finishline. Reichen and Chip came in first and Kelly and John came in second while Dave and Jeff were still in Hawaii.

IIRC, I think Nancy and Emily were in Thailand and had to look for a specific van/taxi/bus and they walked around forever trying to find it. They just could not find it! Tired and frustrated, they gave up, grabbed a taxi and went to the pitstop. For quitting the detour, they got a 24-hour penalty which basically put them out of the race.
    Ah... OK, that makes sense. I didn't see Season 4, so I didn't know that. Thanks.

That said, even if Nancy and Emily quit that detour, I still thought 24 hours was a tad harsh because it basically just eliminates a team. They weren't flat out cheating. What I think they should've done was put in X amount of hours they got in advantage, plus one hour more for the penalty.

I guess it'll bug me for a long time because Joe and Bill got very lucky - they were practically gloating about getting that fast forward and not worrying about getting a faster flight and such... but here all the other teams got in ahead of them. Very frustrating to see a team that behaved at that time (similar to how I see Terrance and Sarah here), still stay in the race in spite of that arrogance.

(BTW, I will say one thing about that team, I did warm up to them a bit more in the All-Stars edition. They were more fun to watch that go around because they mellowed out more and enjoyed the race as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3224031;

Now this season, I only like Dallas and his Mom.
    My case - I have a very good memory. I can remember things from when I was as young as 2... though they're pretty unforgetable to begin with.

That said, I"m like you an I like Dallas and Toni, but I also like Nick and Starr - to a point. They have had their moments where I get frustrated with them, but most of the time they're just playing the game, such as hiding the clue at the roadblock yesterday. The only other team I liked a lot - the southern belles - were eliminated last week.

Oh, I agree about the arrogance. It's no fun to watch teams like that, I almost find myself groaning when they do well. I don't wish anyone BAD luck, but can't find it in me to be happy for them when they act so obnoxious.

I liked Ty and Aja. I wish at some point that they would have been contenders in this race. I'm glad that at least they got to come to a decision about their relationship and will soon be living closer to one another. Plus, it's always good to get to travel a little for free!

+ Reply to Thread