+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I have a feeling that the divorcees (Christy & who?) are the type of people who like to have conflict with someone. Seriously, if Nick and Starr were not in the competition they would find some other team to have a conflict with. I am starting to have a lot more sympathy for their ex-husbands.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Phil's dad was great. It made me so happy to see him. Which is crazy, since it's not like I know either Phil or his dad. It was such a great way for Phil to get to spend time with his dad too. Phil's face when his dad hugged the girls was the best. I rewound it to watch a few times since it cracked me up.

I wanted a non-elimination round, but it was just too early in the season. The blondes weren't great but they seemed sweet and more importantly fun to watch.

I personally don't think Starr was faking her injury. On the opposite end I think she really did hurt it and then powered through the pain.

The whole thing with the divorcee's is really odd. Strange that they think Starr threw the sports bra off the balcony. Who would do that? It's not even a logical thing for someone to have done. What would it have gained them? Logically it would be wind on an item of clothing that can't be that heavy. Those girls are a bit crazy. That doesn't mean they didn't have bad husbands but it sure points to the women being hard to live with.

Do the teams not watch previous seasons of TAR? (or am I mixing my reality shows?) Haven't we seen them doing tasks before of crushing fruit. Even if I didn't know before that I know by now that the outlet valve needs to be kept free to allow the juice to flow out. The first team is the only one we saw talking about that. I was really surprised to see so many of them give up and move to a different task. I thought the last two weeks they all been within approximately a half hour of each other's times. I wouldn't have wanted to risk starting a different task knowing that.

I don't care for Tina, but I'm not afraid of heights and would maybe be a bit freaked out to do that task. Good for her for just doing it despite her fears.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3220750;
    I'm liking Ken & Tina. Am I the only one? It's obvious that this race is helping their relationship tremendously, and I think it's great for them. TAR never seems to work for couples trying to mend their relationship, but it's working for them.
    All is right in their world now because their race is running smoothly. The first bump in the road will put them right back in Bickertown. TAR is not a good marriage counselor.

Tina is clearly hard as nails and a fear of heights would not stand in her way.

I loved the rubbing noses or touching foreheads after the tatoos are matched. I thought they were scarey and I would have had a hard time concentrating.

Bearcata, The divorcees said in a prior ep that they don't get mad at each other, because they are always mad at other people that they talk about with/to each other.
    Last edited by dberk; 10-22-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3221332;
    All is right in their world now because their race is running smoothly. The first bump in the road will put them right back in Bickertown. TAR is not a good marriage counselor.

Tina is clearly hard as nails and a fear of heights would not stand in her way.
    I completely agree! As soon as they aren't in first place, she'll be chewing him up one side & down the other.

I do have to give her credit for that FF though! No way in hell I would be able to do that one! Especially when she said the tower was swaying. It made me queasy just watching it on the TV!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3219925;
    Once again, some of us will be about 45 minutes late due to football and must suffer through all of 60 Minutes until we can watch our show.

For the rest of you lucky people, enjoy, and please keep all discussion in this thread until 1 am EST. Thanks!
    So I sat down to watch it last night and got 10 minutes. Thanks a lot football
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3220817;
    Phil's dad was great.
    Ooh, thanks for the heads up! When the guy introduced himself I could not understand the last name and did not figure out who he was. Now it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3221523;
    The very reason I HATE that they put this show on Sundays! ET and CT get off kilter with the timing because of football.

Thus, I have set my recorder to record TAR and Cold Case automatically so that I don't miss anything....has worked so far....just takes up space on my DVR.
    I love TAR!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3221523;
    Same here, 2 weeks in a row my DVR only caught the first 10 min. Grrr..

NZ leg was boring even with Phil's dad. Since, Phil is from NZ I was hoping for some really kool RB/Detur.

Looks like CBS is tired of hearing us bitching - they finally put this season's full episodes up to watch. Hallelujah!

Now, if we could only get them to skip 60 Minutes if football runs over...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread