+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3212308;
    Sorry, but I don't get this. Why can't he (Terrence) just be referred to as a high-maintenance male? Where does the female come into it?
    I like the Southern belles so I was glad they stayed over the "will we get married?" couple.
    Lot of funny moments in this episode.
    I suppose he could, but I suppose because he is far from a manly, man it just seemed to make more the point. Sorry if you were offended.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3212295;
    My old Boss was located in Charlotte, NC (and me being in Cleveland, OH), and when ever she had to talk to my nurses and ask them questions she always threw in the, Im southern, so Im slow crap. Im sorry this woman was a moron, but not slow or stupid. In fact she was a CCRN. I hate that people form the south try to use that southern so Im slow crap for everything. The 2 female teams.. as in nearly every season... are already high on my ready for them to go home list. The FratJerks are there too and Mom/son.. and I dont mean Toni and Dallas.
    Careful, FireWoman! While I agree that they came across as playing up the "dumb", I think it's more just being very sheltered. Could be wrong. However, I don't believe most Southerns do play this up as we spend way too much time trying to live down that sterotype that many from other areas have labeled us. Truth of the matter is, we are often underestimated.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always said, "Don't let the slow talk and the accent fool ya!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3212227;
    I'm sorry, but that's horrible! I know Tina isn't the most likable person on earth, but there's no way she deserves to be murdered because of her bitchiness. And besides, this is a TV show. We see what the editors want us to see, and they definitely want us to see her catty side.
    That was my (apparently failed) attempt at humor. I guess I'll have to start using the "smilies" again. As far as editing goes - they aren't putting words (or the tone that comes with them) in her mouth. She is perfectly capable of acting nice when it suits her, but with her hubbs she never bothers and I'm sure that's the real Tina.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3212506;
    I've always said, "Don't let the slow talk and the accent fool ya!"
    I think that's actually what most southerners mean when they say they're slow. Meaning slow talking and not slow thinking. We're not "technically" Southerners here in Oklahoma land but we Okies do have that "slow talk"
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

regarding Terrence & him being compared to a high-maintenance woman, I'll admit, with all his neediness, insecurity, & being a general drama queen, I made the comment to hubby that maybe he should check his pants to make sure he has an "outie" & not an "innie."

I didn't mean it to be offensive to women, it's just that when I think of those traits, I think of an insecure woman, not an insecure man. Men don't usually manifest their insecurities in this way, in my experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

To the Point

Back to the southern thing. Southerns do NOT all talk slowly. There are those that do, but many of us do not. Also, we all have different accents depending on where in the south we are from. I think that just about every pair they've had with the really thick southern belle type accents seem to be from South Carolina, don't they? Or am I not remembering correctly.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Well, well...the ComicCon Boys stepped it up with a made-to-order challenge. Good for them...glad to see they are still in the hunt. Note to couple that left (names still elude me) girl - he is never going to marry you and if you had stayed in the race it would have been even more apparent. Now you can go home and break up without the squabble over splitting the prize money. I'm liking that the blondes still came in before the last couple even with their misread of the clue (a couple of times.) Once they get that straightened out, they should do fine.

I'm not flat out cheering for any one team at this moment (well, maybe ComicCon)...that will come, I guess. But, I am enjoying the travelogue to Brazil right now.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3213171;
    I'm liking that the blondes still came in before the last couple even with their misread of the clue (a couple of times.) Once they get that straightened out, they should do fine.

The blondes (Southern belles) didn't misread the clues; that was the divorcees. Well, the blondes did tell their driver to go the wrong way so they ended up at the beach task instead of the shipping task. But it was the divorcees who were digging up the beach looking for their canister (that had me in stitches) and then didn't tell their driver to wait at the roadblock.

I do like the comic con guys best (at this point).

As for Tina - I really don't think that she managed (all on her own) to get the airline to switch to another plane. I'm sure it was as another poster said - the airline had sold out of seats, saw there was still demand, had the ability to switch to a larger plane and did so. They would have done that regardless of Tina's supposed powers of persuasion. What I didn't like was the way she went about telling the other teams that the reason they were able to get on an earlier flight was all because of her. Like they should grovel before her in gratitude. I'm not a fan of Terence, but I had to agree with his incredulity at Tina during their confrontation at the lineup to board the flight.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved it when Ken kissed him on the cheek and broke the tension, after Terrance apologized!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread