+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at any one episode. Who knew that so many stupid teams could make for such great entertainment. I usually find myself totally annoyed when the teams are so totally clueless, but last night they just made me laugh.

Sarah and Terrance are just train wrecks, both individually and as a couple. I suspect that Sarah might not be quite as bad if she wasn't attached to Terrance, however, she might still have those issues with people not speaking to her. He has a boat load of issues! I couldn't believe when he yelled at her because he was bleeding (not) and she said she didn't see any blood and he went balistic! I think I would have managed to draw blood while pressing the napkin, or whatever it was, to his wound. I totally agree that he equates to a high maintenance female, and not just high maintenance, but one who whines and pouts. He gives women a bad name;-)

The two divorcees were just too dumb in this episode. Read your stupid clues women! However, I was laughing out loud when they kept showing them at the challenge looking for the container!

The poor little southern girls. They come across as soooo sheltered. I don't know if they are but they sure seem to be. They make me laugh and cringe at the same time. I'm southern after all. I know very few "southern belles" and a whole lot of "steel magnolias". I loved the "we're not dumb, just slow." I was thinking 'oh, okay.'

Anyway, great episode! It was fun.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3212269;

The two divorcees were just too dumb in this episode. Read your stupid clues women! However, I was laughing out loud when they kept showing them at the challenge looking for the container!

The poor little southern girls. They come across as soooo sheltered. I don't know if they are but they sure seem to be. They make me laugh and cringe at the same time. I'm southern after all. I know very few "southern belles" and a whole lot of "steel magnolias". I loved the "we're not dumb, just slow." I was thinking 'oh, okay.'
    Anyway, great episode! It was fun.
    My old Boss was located in Charlotte, NC (and me being in Cleveland, OH), and when ever she had to talk to my nurses and ask them questions she always threw in the, Im southern, so Im slow crap. Im sorry this woman was a moron, but not slow or stupid. In fact she was a CCRN. I hate that people form the south try to use that southern so Im slow crap for everything. The 2 female teams.. as in nearly every season... are already high on my ready for them to go home list. The FratJerks are there too and Mom/son.. and I dont mean Toni and Dallas.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker
    I totally agree that he equates to a high maintenance female, and not just high maintenance, but one who whines and pouts. He gives women a bad name;-)
    Sorry, but I don't get this. Why can't he (Terrence) just be referred to as a high-maintenance male? Where does the female come into it?
    I like the Southern belles so I was glad they stayed over the "will we get married?" couple.
    Lot of funny moments in this episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

My take on Terrence--and please--no one take this as any kind of slur--

but in my experience adults who are only children sometimes act this way.

Having had several friends like this I am well-acquainted with the "You're not paying enough attention to me!" cry.

Needless to say they were not on the friendship list very long.

On the other hand I know several only-children who as adults seem to give extra to other people. So it all evens out.

But Terrence seems to think that whatever is happening/not happening to him is more imporatant than what's happening to anyone else--which shouts "Only child" to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...but in my experience adults who are only children sometimes act this way."

I think that would be more true if it read "only children who have been over-indulged and over-protected".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3212308;
    Sorry, but I don't get this. Why can't he (Terrence) just be referred to as a high-maintenance male? Where does the female come into it?
    I like the Southern belles so I was glad they stayed over the "will we get married?" couple.
    Lot of funny moments in this episode.
    I just wanted to get my point across that I thought Terrence was the male version of a high maintence female. I think the viewing audience so rarely sees a high maintenance male that trying to figure him out was a bit difficult.
    But seriously asking his date to blow on his boo boo? Bit of a control freak too. I also agree with the previous posters who said that he was spoiled and overindulged as a child.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

My favorites this week were the geeks. They were smart in their approaches to the challenges, and seemed genuinely nice.

After watching this episode I so totally understand why Ken had an affair; Tina came across as an unbearable beyotch. I wonder why he still stays with her?

Also while Tina went around telling everyone to thank her that she got a bigger plane, I too like everyone else felt I would not owe her anything as she was doing what she did for her team and the rest of the teams were fortunate enough to benefit from it. If Tina and Ken had been the only team to benefit I am sure she would not have felt bad for the other teams.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Bleagh, as much as I like sneaky behaviour, what's up with Nick hopping from person to person saying "Let's work together" at the roadblock. It's just so obvious that he is just trying to leech off the answer.

Also, this has to be one of the worst roadblocks ever! Just felt like it had no purpose to me.

Yeah, I totally agree that Terence is high-maintenance. I pity Sarah.

LG.

the airline changed to a larger airplane because
    1.) they had sold all the tickets for that flight, and
    2.) they had a larger aircraft available at that time and place
    so that
    3.) they could sell more tickets and make more money.

Tina's bitchiness has nothing to do with it, and I sincerely doubt that the ticket agent that Tina was talking to had any authority or say in that decision, it was likely programmed into the computer from someone in airline scheduling who has alerts out for when flights sell out or are undersold so they can adjust their aircraft scheduling to maximize airline profits.

Delusional looney bird.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread