+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia 3

Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3

betoyski22 has the newest episode up on YouTube.

This season is shaping up to be one of the best seasons of any Amazing Race. Three good episodes in a row. The only thing I have a problem with is that there are some teams who aren't shown as much as others. But I'm confident that this season won't turn out any worse than TARA2 did. I dropped out of that season midway.

Mai & Oliver aren't shown that much anymore. They were shaping up to be the next Flo & Zach, but ever since the first episode, they have calmed down and have stopped bickering (judging from what the editors have shown us).

Natalie was so miserable in the race, and it was disappointing. Watching her struggle during the roadblock was kinda sad. I was let down that she quit and decided to take the penalty instead of completing the task. But I guess she was so lost during that roadblock that it was best for her to quit. She already went back to the temple and couldn't solve the puzzle then. She was also the last one there, so I guess it was best for them to just go and take the penalty. I felt bad for Pailin though. She had a partner that just gave up on her when she just wanted to keep going.

But even though Natalie was so moany throughout the leg, I was rooting for them to get to the mat before Niroo & Kapil. Part of the reason being that they were my pre-show favorites. And another part of the reason is that I can't stand Niroo & Kapil. Natalie & Pailin > Niroo & Kapil

I found it so rude when they almost crashed into a local while riding on that bike-like thing. Niroo was going to attack her with words until Kapil said, "Don't even bother. They don't even understand english!", which, I guess, is understandable since english isn't the first language in Vietnam. But I still found it rude because it's not like no one will be able to understand english. And I hated that Niroo expected the other players to help him during the roadblock. It's a race, not everyone is going to help you. It was like he depended on the others for the answers.

But with that said, some of these people are way too nice for this race. For example, Henry offered to help the other teams during the roadblock (including Niroo) instead of leaving right after he got the clue.

Lastly, one of those epic things to ever be shown on this show was when Henry & Bernie crashed on the bike-like thing. I literally gasped when I saw that. If they were thismuch closer to the cars, it's possible that they could have been hit by one. Thankfully, they were okay and it made for riveting television.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonman64;3203152;
    Leo, I've also been discussing this with my brother. And we can only come up with one conclusion. TARA producers prefer racers from the Philippines who carry non-Philippine passports (preferably US, Canadian, etc) which will allow them to enter many countries without the need of pre-arranging a visa. During the first season, they were still lenient probably because the farthest destinations were Dubai and Australia. But during Season 2, the race went as far as Hungary, Prague and South Africa and Marc & Rovilson plus Henry & Terri are non-Philippine passport holders. In the current season, Geoff & Tisha carry New Zealand and Canadian passports, respectively.

It would probably a big concern for the producers if they need to pre-arrange visas for some racers who require them in certain routes as it would be tantamount to spilling the countries to be visited. Philippine passport holders can only enter a specific number of countries without visas such as ASEAN, HK and Macau in Asia; Brazil, Israel, Morocco, Colombia and couple of other Central American nations. The latter places have never been tagged by TARA as possible pitstops.
    Very good point, dragonman64.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-28-2008 at 05:19 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Am I the only one watching? I wish more people would watch this. So far, it's up there with USTAR5 as one of the best seasons of TAR.

mai00siomai has it up on YouTube.

Without giving anyting anyway, I'm really loving Ida & Tania. Also, I was ecstatic with who went home this episode.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Well I'm probably the only one at FoRT who watches TARA, which is disappointing, but I just thought I'd post about what's been going on in the competition.

So the last time I posted in this thread, it was when Niroo & Kapil were eliminated, which was all the way back in Leg 4. The racers just finished Leg 10, which is right before the final leg. The final 3 are Ida & Tania (), Geoff & Tisha (), and Sam & Vince ().

The F4 traveled to Oman, which is beautiful. I don't think TARUS has traveled to Oman before, so it was a refreshing change. AD & Fuzzie were marked for elimination (30-min time penalty if they don't come in first) from coming in last place in the previous leg, and things didn't look too good for them. But they had a glimmer of hope when Sam took a 4-hour penalty after not completing the RB. But to my amazement, Fuzzie gave up right after him, which automatically put Sam & Vince in the F3. Even though she was physically exhausted, Fuzzie had about 3 1/2 hours to complete it! Gosh, it was so disappointing to see her quit like that, especially since I preferred them over Sam & Vince.

Well after an amazing beginning, this season found itself in a downfall. The first few episodes were fantastic, the later episodes were meh. I still enjoyed the later episodes and all, but not as much as the beginning legs, which were so grueling to the racers, but entertaining to watch.

But hopefully Ida & Tania win. That would just make this season a success. They have been such an awesome team all throughout the race.

I had to stop it half way this season mainly because I track spoilers way too much and all of my favourites were eliminated early. The first three episodes were really good. I feel for Palin the most, she wanted to race so bad. Natalie should not have gone to the show, she got such negative response and people hate her now.

With the final 3 set to race to the finish line this coming Thursday, it looks like Ida & Tania and Geoff & Tisha have the edge after Sam & Vince incurred a 4-hour penalty last week. Nonetheless, I don't mind seeing any of these three teams winning. I'm rooting for G&T, but will still be smiling if either of the two other pairs take the prize.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Check out pinkoosalmon for the finale.

This season ended in disappointment. The first few episodes were absolutely amazing, but then it started to dwindle from there. The later episodes were still pretty good, but compared to the beginning episodes, they weren't that great.

Ida & Tania are one of the greatest F/F teams to ever race in any version of TAR. If they weren't in this season, then it wouldn't have been the same (in a bad way). Other than when they got their car stuck in the sand in this leg, they have kept up their positive attitudes throughout the whole race. They're amazing, and I wish a team like them would go on our version of TAR.

I didn't like Sam & Vince, so I was absolutely disappointed that they won. They're definitely a strong team, but I never found myself liking them. When it was obvious that Ida & Tania were not going to win, I ended up rooting for Geoff & Tisha. But ugh, they couldn't pull it off.

I think G&T would have won if they had gotten lucky with a taxi driver. Their driver in Phuket sucked, and he's probably the reason why they fell behind. Also, if I&T had not taken a chance with the flight, then they would have had a good chance at winning. But they should have known that it's not a smart move to take a risky flight on the final leg. They should have just followed what G&T were doing. But then again, their ticket agent in Dubai sucked. Ugh, it's just disappointing that the result could have been different if small things had not happened.

A little complaint that I have about the finale: there were way too many needle-in-the-haystack challenges. The key in the sand, the cube in the ice, the oysters in the water, and the treasure chest in the sand. And not to mention the many other needle-in-the-haystack tasks that were found throughout the whole race. The producers seriously need to get more creative.

This is how I would sum up TARA3, in similes...

Leg 1 - Leg 4: (so good)
    Leg 5: (product placement, totally contrasting detour choices, and the unfair task of the CD challenge in the Sony store = BAD)
    Leg 6 - Leg 11: (they were good, but nothing amazing compared to the first 4 legs)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3239097;
    This is how I would sum up TARA3, in similes...

Leg 1 - Leg 4: (so good)
    Leg 5: (product placement, totally contrasting detour choices, and the unfair task of the CD challenge in the Sony store = BAD)
    Leg 6 - Leg 11: (they were good, but nothing amazing compared to the first 4 legs)

The first few legs were so strenous that it really showed who had the heart to stay in the race. Really enjoyed those legs and that those legs were better planned than the USA version too.

And yea, I am also pretty disappointed Ida & Tania didn't win. Glad to see that they enjoyed their whole race experience though!

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist;3239233;

The first few legs were so strenous that it really showed who had the heart to stay in the race. Really enjoyed those legs and that those legs were better planned than the USA version too.

And yea, I am also pretty disappointed Ida & Tania didn't win. Glad to see that they enjoyed their whole race experience though!
    The first few legs of TARA3 were definitely better than the first few legs of TAR13. They really kicked the racers in the butt because they were so strenuous and tough. But now, I'm seeing things reverse. TAR13 is picking up, while TARA3 started to dwindle.

I'm thrilled that Ida & Tania made it all the way to the end. Pre-show, I never would have expected them to make it past the first few legs, much less the F3. But they have exceeded my expectations. I'm still bummed they didn't win though. They were actually really good racers (except maybe in Legs 6 & 7, where they were non-eliminated, but they just found themselves in an unfortunate position). They were especially good at directions. They always seemed to find the destinations like that ~snaps finger~.

I forgot about Leg 9. Leg 9 was equivalent to Leg 5. What were the producers thinking when they decided to put the U-turn right before the pit stop? That was such a stupid decision.

In an interview, Tania said that she was 2 months pregnant when she did the race!!!

Before people say that she was ignorant and careless to do the race, she had no idea that she was pregnant at the time. I just hope all's good with the baby with all the grueling events she encountered throughout the race.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3234803;
    Well I'm probably the only one at FoRT who watches TARA, which is disappointing, but I just thought I'd post about what's been going on in the competition.
    How do you get access to the show? It's certainly not aired via my cable provider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast