+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jenn & Tracey's AR Journal - Week 1

Jenn & Tracey's AR Journal - Week 1

Hi everyone! John, Admin of The FORT, here to post Jenn and Traceys’ adventures from week one of The Amazing Race.

Jenn and Tracey sent me a quick email and asked me to post their report, as they need to get out early in the game and socialize with the other teams so they can find someone to potentially align themselves with. Without further ado, here’s the inside scoop!

Jenn and Tracey's Amazing Race Journal – Week 1
    Read Jenn and Tracey's Bio here

Hi all! Well, here we are reporting on our adventures of week 1. We are so darn excited about being selected to compete on The Amazing Race 3! OK, so we weren't actually selected to compete, and we're not really on the show if you want to be nit-picky about it. But we are virtually participating on the show, a 13th team, sponsored by the Fans of Reality TV. That was the last glimpse of reality you'll see in these journal entries, though, because from now on Jenn and I will write from the perspective of actual contestants on the show, and our weekly journal reports will be written from the pit stop following each episode. So right now we don't know any more about the end to our adventure than you do! If you haven't seen our official team profile, check it out now! But as a brief introduction, Jenn and Tracey are Internet pals. We had never met but have so much in common we thought it would be great to apply for the show together, and we were so thrilled to be invited to participate.

We are both single, attractive (isn't everyone on the Internet), 32 year old professionals who enjoy surfing the web for reality TV information. Jenn is a super secret computer analyst, and is unable to share the details of her job or employer with anyone! Even Jerry Bruckheimer (the executive producer of TAR) isn’t privy to the information! Tracey is an attorney who never gives legal advice on the Internet, but who hopes to put her negotiation skills to use in the race!

First let's check out the competition. We don't have time at this first pit stop to dish on everyone else competing because we need to get on the 'net and start researching where we think we'll be heading next! We can hit on some highlights of a couple of our "early favorite" teams and take a couple more jabs at our competitors as we get to know them better over the course of the race. The first team we want to take a jab at is the Tasty Twins, Derek and Drew. Oh baby, they are a double-mint dream. We've heard that one of them is married while the other brother is single, but we haven't figured out which is available for the taking. While we're single, we're not Alex (one of the winners from TAR2), who started dating married Tara mid-race. We have no intention of moving in on a married person. When we do figure out which brother may be interested in extending the streak of three consecutive seasons of inter-team dating on TAR (don't forget Brennan and Emily on TAR1), watch out! We’ll be competing with each other for his affection! Just kidding, we're here to win, not embarrass ourselves on national TV – although there’s plenty of time for both.

Jill and John Vito are gorgeous, they really are, and seem really sweet. The Harvard Law School students Heather and Eve are very attractive too, but they're copping an attitude already. Jenn saw one of them eyeing up the Twins after we all got to the pit stop tonight, so we may have to leave them in the dust. We've got a couple new types of teams this year, three teams with one straight person and one gay person: a father-son team, a team of brothers, and a best friends team. I'm not sure if the father-son and the brothers team are here to compete or if they're here to spend time together, in which case they could be gone before we even get a chance to dis' them in our journal reports.

On to the first leg of the race – we started in the Florida Everglades, which is a very hot spot for TV this season. Fortunately we had both seen CSI Miami's season premier just before embarking and we knew that The Everglades are really a slow moving river, and vague recollections of Don Johnson and Miami Vice reminded us to watch out for gators. Yikes. Of course, we got lost on the way to the airport, but being a team with no men on-board, we didn’t hesitate to stop for directions. Luckily, we just made the American Airlines flight, and arrived in Mexico City, where Tracey had the advantage of being there previously. We didn’t even have time to beg for money from the cute airport guys, so we left that up to Heather and Eve. But if we had, we’d have gotten a LOT more than $50, that’s for sure!

Mexico City was great, because Tracey actually was an exchange student in Mexico 12 years ago and had gone to Mexico City several times while a student in a language school in Cuernavaca, which is about a half an hour drive south of the capitol. We knew that the altitude would be a problem for some teams, so we stocked up on bottled water and chocolate for quick sugar and caffeine in case it started to throw us off. It wasn't shown on the show, but one of our competitors actually passed out for a while, probably has low blood pressure, resulting in not enough oxygen to the brain at high altitudes. Rather ironic that having high blood pressure is a good thing for once. Mexico City was a super place for us to start because we knew about the history of the city and speak enough Spanish to be able to navigate, but I'm a little concerned about future destinations.

The Tasty Twins knew about as much Spanish as you would expect French cartoon favorite, Pepe Le Pew to know. Since Tracey is so fluent in Spanish we wanted to help them out so they would owe us later down the road, but we also didn’t want to give them all the answers. So Jenn taught them some key phrases (like “Juan can swim in the sea”) and loaned them the Idiot’s Guide to Mexico which had some useful phrases in the back. We truly believe that this kept them in the competition this week, and they were extremely grateful to us! Unfortunately, the “Idiot’s Guide” didn’t have a chapter on not leaving all your worldly possessions in a taxi in a foreign country, so they almost bought the farm. That would have made the rest of the trip a lot less interesting.

We quickly found the Angel, and headed out to find Pablo. He proved to be a tricky little guy, but we managed to find him without too much trouble. We arrived at the hotel in time to sign up on the first bus, leaving at 8am the next morning. During the night, there was a little “trouble”, and apparently there’s some rule about forcing your way into Derek and Drew’s hotel room or something, but we can save that for another time.

The next morning, we headed to the bus, looking well-rested and confident. I thought this game was supposed to be tough! When it came to the choice between skydiving and the burro ride, we encountered our first tough decision. Jenn wanted to skip the skydiving because she hates to fly and she (literally) broke her a-- a year ago while taking a snowboarding lesson! Fortunately Tracey was able to convince me that a broken coccyx bone was a small price to pay for a shot at $500,000 and we jumped. Tracey had a short confrontation with the law-school bimbos, telling them “real lawyers don’t cry, so buck up buttercup.” Everyone made it onto the ground, with even less whining than Flo.

After the adrenaline finally wore off, we jumped in the 30-year old Vanagon, and ground our way to the pit stop. Jenn drove, and it wasn’t too bad, if you didn’t mind all the thick black smoke coming up from under the seat, and the horrendous noises coming from the gearbox. Luckily, we didn’t get too lost (Tracey knew Mexico City pretty well, remember) and ended up seeing Phil’s gorgeous face THIRD! We were so happy, we did a little dance, but it wasn’t nearly as well choreographed as Tramel and Talicia’s.

We'd better sign off for this week. Jenn is anxious to check out the airport flight schedules for the next couple of days just in case, and Tracey is busy practicing her Spanish with our hotel concierge. We placed third, so we missed out on the free cruise, but didn't have to worry about elimination because we knew there were plenty of teams behind us when we headed to the pit stop. That is a wonderful feeling (knowing we not going to be eliminated), I hope we can keep it rolling for a long time.

Read the next journal entry (Episode 2): Like extras on Baywatch

Thanks for joining us and we’ll see you next week! To contact the author please send an email to lurkinggirl@fansofrealitytv.co m
    Last edited by BravoFan; 12-30-2002 at 08:53 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Very funny journal -- I loved it! With twelve groups of people in a one hour episode, I almost had to put on the motion sickness patch as the cameras flew back and forth between the teams. I sure wish the first episode could've been two hours. I didn't really learn anything about any of them.

I'm just starting to get into these reality shows -- and I love how Big Brother has three weekly episodes. Just one hour a week for TAR and Survivor doesn't do it justice.

I loved it ladies Nice to know the real lawyer gave Heather and Eve some much needed advice!
    I can not WAIT until I get to read the next chapter in you diary.
    Excellent work, I was Laughing out loud
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

3rd place! Not bad! Keep it up, ladies. Looking forward to reading your next adventure.

Very nice! I have a new favorite team now. You guys had better win!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

eny
    FORT Fogey
    These guys totally rule!I'm sure the producers are going to make them legal sometime along the route. It's only fair.Kinda like a runner up in Miss America.

Tracey was able to convince me that a broken coccyx bone was a small price to pay for a shot at $500,000 and we jumped.

I read somewhere on the internet ,that Tracey just got her leg out a cast the day before they left.That must be why she isn't too concerned with broken bones.

I liked the part about there being some sort of rule against breaking into the Wonder Twins' room.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Awesome job on the first leg, ladies! I hope you do well on the next leg!

+ Reply to Thread