+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 13 - Spoilers and Speculation

Re: Amazing Race 13

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3175767;
    I like me some eye candy along with the real people!
    Well, of course. You have to have a Kayser or a Janelle in every show but not an entire cast full of them.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3175673;
    Ugly people=Real people

I'd prefer to watch real people.
    Um, yeah, I'd agree with the person who says I'd like some eye candy as well.

Jeepers, I don't care *what* the people look like, I'm just happy my show is back AND that they are making another one!
    The cast looks good, interesting, but also a lot of couples who will bicker the whole way through. I think those blondes will get on my nerves fast, but I love the bee keepers and the comic book guys. It will take ages for me to remember their names!

To the Point

Eye candy is fine, but I prefer that the people have a little bit more to them that just the candy coating. That sometimes makes them obnoxious, and quite frankly, just because someone isn't "eye candy" doesn't relegate them to the ugly category. What's eye candy for one isn't necessarily for another. Most people are pretty average or ordinary, thus the label average. There are a whole lot more people who are ugly in attitude than there are who are actually ugly in looks.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3176263;
    Jeepers, I don't care *what* the people look like, I'm just happy my show is back AND that they are making another one!
    The cast looks good, interesting, but also a lot of couples who will bicker the whole way through. I think those blondes will get on my nerves fast, but I love the bee keepers and the comic book guys. It will take ages for me to remember their names!
    I agree! As far as the teams go, five of these participants have names that begin with the letter "A"!!! Andrew, Aja, Anita and Arthur, and Anthony!

Also noticed the letter "T" has four names here as well: Tina, Toni, Ty, Terence.

And three whose names begin with the letter "S": Stephanie, Starr, and Sarah.

More than half the racers fall into these three categories. I am going to be getting them all mixed up!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I prefer substance to fluff. If you can have both, all the better I guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Season 13 also! What makes TAR the most interesting for me is the countries they visit and the tasks that they have to do. Each year they come up with an interesting mix of contestants... and sometimes I surprise myself with who becomes my favorites (I would never have guessed last year that I would be rooting for Kint and Vyxen).
    From the media articles, it sounds like there are some exciting shows in store for us!!

This just made my day! I love the Amazing Race.

FORT Fanatic

I've very disappointed they will be running the show on Sunday again because last year, football games running overtime frequently messed up the starting time. I would try and tape it and when I got home, I got the last of the football game and then just the first part of TAR and then the tape cut off. And I didn't want to miss taping Desperate Housewives. I finally gave up on TAR for the very first time - too frustrating to miss so much of it.

I understand the network loves that night because when a football game runs over, more viwers will stay on the channel and thus see TAR.

So excited! Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast