+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia Season2

The Amazing Race Asia Season2

Let's talk about everything about Tha Amazing Race Asia!!

Re: The Amazing Race Asia Season2

i'm having a marc and rovilson overload... even if i'm filipino.

and for the record, marc nelson is not filipino. his mother is thai and his father is british. it just so happened that he found a career in showbusiness in the philippines.

FORT Fan

there's already a thread for this
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-spoilers.html

season 2 is towards the end

That all-encompassing thread was getting awfully full. Don't you think? And should have started a separate thread for TARA2 long ago, but too late.

That was a bit of a creepy moment with the sisters. One of them had this momentary amnesia.. :o

However corny/showy or excessively limelight-hugging Marc and Rovilson can get, it still cannot be denied that the two guys provide a good chunk of entertainment for season 2. And being good racers does not really hurt their chances of getting more exposure during each leg. Yes, the Malaysian sisters have their own dramatic moments (and yes, a brewing relationship between Rovilson and Vanessa continued after the race was filmed) and the kookiness of Natasha and Paula can be fun to watch but the balance would not be there. Adrian and Collin may be competitive racers, but they fall short on expressiveness (and excitement) that the producers want to take advantage of just as well. Ann & Diane are the only source of intrigues, but their level of back-biting (or bitchiness if you will) is nothing compared to the American edition. And now that Henry & Terri are gone, the constant shoutings and fightings went with their exit.

So with only 5 teams left, all of them should give equal share in giving viewers a good race with good fun & drama in between. M&R provide the humor, P&V provide the drama, P&N provide the cutesiness/youthful spirit, A&D provide whatever small intrigues they can muster and A&C...well, they are good racers, but you still don't know much about their true characters considering that the season is already more than halfway.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Quote Originally Posted by scsi commando;2761489;
    That was a bit of a creepy moment with the sisters. One of them had this momentary amnesia.. :o
    Gosh, that was scary! And sad at the same time. Pamela really felt for her sister. It looked like she actually really cared for her sister and what she was going through. Vanessa's amnesia for me ranks as one of the most scariest moments in any TAR. The scariest moment would be when the two blonde women in TAR Brazil were robbed by a couple of guys, with a few of their posessions (including the camera) being taken away. It's a good thing they got it bad. And even though I didn't watch it myself, it's still scary even when I read about it.

Marc & Rovilson are so annoying! I'm sorry, but they are. "Base!!!" Are you serious? But wow, how strong they are. It could just be luck, but they've gotten 1st seven times in a row now. And actually, I would take them over Adrian & Collin. A&C are just... boring. With A&C getting 2nd six times in a row, I think we'll be seeing them and M&V in the final 3 soon.

As for the other spot in the final 3, I'm thinking it'll most likely be Ann & Diane. They've gotten 3rd five times nonconsecutively. Seriously, I don't think any teams have gotten the same placing in so many legs than these 3. M&R got 1st seven times. A&C got 2nd six times. A&D got 3rd five times.

And as for the other two teams, I would much rather see both of them in the final 3 than any of the other teams mentioned above. I actually don't have anything against A&D. I know there's a lot of animosity towards them, but I guess the producers aren't showing us enough because I don't see what's the huge deal. I guess they're just such competitors that they'll do anything to get what they want.

Paula & Natasha are still my favorites, though their A&D hate is a bit too much sometimes. They're so behind now because of that intersection! Whenever it pops up, the intersection always slows down my favorite team. Back in TAR10, the BQs had to wait for a while. In TAR11, the BQs had to wait again but for an even longer time. And in TARA2, Paula & Natasha had to wait... I forgot how many hours. I think close to 5 hours.

Pamela & Vanessa I wasn't huge a fan of, but they were really endearing throughout the amnesia thing. I like them now.

I hope there's an equalizer so that P&N can catch up. And I also hope that something goes terribly wrong and that M&R and A&C find themselves in the bottom of the pack and P&N and P&V find themselves in the top.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

marc & rovilson - love them. love their humour. love their little quips and remarks. my kind of self deprecating humour that i love. plus they've always been nice to the locals and they have fun along the way. note: rovilson's pole dancing. ingenious!

adrian & colin - they're like energiser bunnies without the cuteness or likeability factor. they're just *there* as filler space. they race well, but there's still no personality or spark that makes me root for them at all

ann & dianne - they're the more bitchier team and are willing to backstab and lie their way through anything to get what they want. watching ann (or is it dianne) pretty much talking over her husband's mobile message and saying "i know my husband, he's long winded" was just rude in my opinion. she didn't even have the time to listen to him

paula & natasha - liking this team. very cute and are also having fun on the race. like that they have an alliance with the boys and the sisters. felt really bad that they had to wait 5 hours at the intersection

vanessa & pamela - younger sister is very dominating in this sibling relationship! felt really bad when vanessa had the temporary amnesia, that looked absolutely frightening. even pamela looked freaked out when she realised how serious vanessa was. started out racing really well, sort of made mistakes, but have managed to stay at the top

The latest episode of TARA2 saw the remaining five teams travelling from Prague, Czech Republic to Budapest, Hungary. This is where Adrian & Collin got a real lucky break as they were able to get a train that leaves earlier and arrives in Budapest an hour & a half earlier than the rest. I'm surprised that the other racers never looked at the possibility of getting this one (it has one stop in Vienna before heading to Budapest) and opted for the direct route which left 2 hours later. In short, the two Singaporean guys finished 1st in this leg, but not without cutting their lead short when they wasted time driving to the pitstop - the Salomon Tower (they couldn't be checked in by host Allan Wu during their first attempt as they failed to follow a detail in the clue that required them to park their car in the marked area and enter the tower in a designated entrance.)

Tasks involved a choice between 'Pitch' (stacking heaps of hay on a cart and delivering the same to a specific address) or 'Pull' (getting 200ml of milk from a goat in the farm), plus a sort of horizontal repelling along cable wires where they had to remember numbers posted in each of the three stops along the way and adding up all correctly (only Marc & Rovilson did this task once as the others gave wrong numbers and were forced to do it a 2nd time) and a search for the Hercules Fountain printed on one of Hungary's 1000 bill.

In order of check-in at the pitstop, Adrian & Collin finished first, followed by Marc & Rovilson (who could've finished 1st again had they took the early train which the two Singaporeans booked), then Pamela & Vanessa (they suffered the same fate of A&C as they re-did their arrival at the pitstop for parking at the wrong spot), then Ann & Diane (who could've finished 3rd had it not been for Ann momentarily "abandoning" Diane at the wire repelling task where the two of them should be together at the start and end of the same) and last were Paula & Natasha (who zoomed to 2nd at the start of the episode, but were plagued by navigation errors) - saved by a non-elimination leg but marked for elimination next week.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

At least Paula and Natasha shouldn't lag so far unlike Terri and Henry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast