+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

CCL

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

I'm one of the few who liked Jen and Nate and are sorry they are gone. Maybe liked is too strong a word...didn't mind? tolerated? A lot of people come down on Jen and her whining but I don't see Nate as being any better, personally, as he always goes straight for the negative comments. I would like to think I would run the race as cool and collected as TK or Christina (or Kris and Jon from a few season's back - I so admired them). But I'm sure I would be whining and bickering at times as well. Stress does that to some people and the race is stressful. As for Jen making comments about the other racers...yeah, that wasn't nice. I can see her being frustrated and saying what comes to mind but she should probably work on self-editing. As should Nate.

Right now I would like TK and Rachel to win. But more because they seem like nice people rather than based on their running of the race. Speaking of cool and collected, these two usually are but there were a few breaks last night. Like when they were looking for the garden and Rachel was fretting and you could tell that TK was irritated with her.
    Second place I would give to Ron and Christina. Not a big fan of Ron's but I really like Christina.
    Third to Nick and Don. I've never really warmed to them. Not sure exactly why. And much as I admire Don for plugging away, I still don't want to see his team emerging victorious.
    Last edited by CCL; 01-14-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2752936;
    I am liking all of the teams this time around in the final 3. I know a lot of people are disliking Ron but I think he is not as bad as the editing makes him out to be. You can kinda see that this race has helped to change him and improve his relationship with Christina.
    I agree. I have disliked Ron's treatment of Christina for most of this race, but I do find that they both are learning a lot from each other and I think it has been a very positive experience for them overall. When he's not belittling her, I find them very enjoyable. Out of these three teams, I hope they win.

TK and Rachael... they're okay. I don't not like them, but I think their butts were completely saved by the airport equalizer and I haven't been impressed by their sense of direction. Wouldn't mind a win... but could never say, in my mind, that they were the best racers.

Nick and Don... I hope they come in third. I'm surprised that they've lasted this long. I really can't explain why.. but I'm not just a big fan. They're just not exciting.. not interesting.. not particularly "good" racers, but they just seem to always do what needs to be done to get by. Eh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2752432;
    can someone say BEST FINAL 3 EVER!?
    Well, I don't know if it is the best Final 3 ever, but I will be happy with whichever team wins this time around. I'm just SOOOOOOO glad that Nate/Jen did not make it to the finale and were eliminated. I agree with everyone who's said that their bickering did them in. I was so afraid we were gonna have Flo/Zach Part Deux (), but, thankfully, we won't have to worry about that. And to have gotten that close and not made it to the Final 3? Man, that must really suck, Jen...

Happy Birthday, Jen!

Bye-bye, Jen, you b-day beyotch! Best episode this season!

I'd love for TK & Rachel to win b/c I love their attitude. I'd also love for Nick & Don to win b/c I love the fact that Don is still there! I'd be happy for either of these two teams to win. I really don't want Ron & Chris to win, but mostly b/c Ron is an ass.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2752792;
    Every season we hear someone ask an airline employee to refuse another team! Every season. They just get caught up in the drama. Though Ron and Christina are not my favorite team, I did not hold this against her. It never works anyway.
    In my previous post I said the same thing. I said I think it's crappy gameplay, but it's not against the rules so I can't hold it against a team for trying, even if it doesn't work.

I have to say that the ending of the episode was really sweet with Nathan & Jennifer admitting that this race completely ruined their relationship. At least they know that they didn't keep the best attitude throughout the race. I don't think they're breaking up. I think they truly love each other. And only some couples from this race break up after the show is over. I can name way more couples that are still together than couples that have broken up. I just might be forgetting every couple that broke up, but I seriously do remember a lot of couples that stayed together.

Also, I think it's funny that Jennifer said that she wanted to tear the dreads from TK's head after she saw that they caught up. Then Nicolas said that he wanted to shave off his beard. Seriously? Is that the only way to get back at them? To get rid of the guy's hair? Sorry, that's just something I thought was really funny.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2752780;
    I was expecting the speedbumps to be more difficult as well. It seems that all they were really looking for was something to eat up a little bit of time. It's really hard to tell how much time either of the speed bumps actually ate up.
    I thought the speedbumps were plenty time consuming and difficult. I could never have done the yoga moves and suiting up for the fireworks run gobbled up time and the run itself was frightning and they could easily become disoriented and gotten off track. After completing the speedbump they have to go back to their last stop for their next destination. In a race where minutes and possibly seconds count they have finally come up with a fair and reasonable way to handle the NEL's.

About Christina's scandal at the airport I wanted to add that even though WE know that her request was essentially ignored, I think that Christina herself believed that they did help her, based on the timing.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2753381;
    I have to say that the ending of the episode was really sweet with Nathan & Jennifer admitting that this race completely ruined their relationship. At least they know that they didn't keep the best attitude throughout the race. I don't think they're breaking up. I think they truly love each other. And only some couples from this race break up after the show is over. I can name way more couples that are still together than couples that have broken up. I just might be forgetting every couple that broke up, but I seriously do remember a lot of couples that stayed together.

Also, I think it's funny that Jennifer said that she wanted to tear the dreads from TK's head after she saw that they caught up. Then Nicolas said that he wanted to shave off his beard. Seriously? Is that the only way to get back at them? To get rid of the guy's hair? Sorry, that's just something I thought was really funny.
    Good point that more couples seem to have stayed together after the race vs. breaking up. In the Nate/Jen thread CCL posted they are still together, after breaking up after the race, so who knows if it'll last. I don't think the race has that negative of an impact on any team that's a couple (except Lenny/Karyn, who went from talking about getting married to breaking up on the mat when they got eliminated). Usually the teams that break up were already broke up or would have broken up with or without the race.

FORT Fanatic

Jen has to be one of the least likable people to ever appear on my tv (and this tv made it through the first season of omarossa...). i hated everything - their fighting, her sense of entitlement, her dirty looks, her thinking that Do it like a Man is a big thing to strive her, her stupid repetitive use of words like Frickin'. I am so glad she is out - and i hope she is really embarrassed when watching the show and that she changes her behavior accordingly.

i love nick and don and hope they win it. like others have said though, each of the 3 remaining teams is essentially likable (with the sometimes exception of ronald, but christina more than makes up for him), so it won't be bad for any of them to win.

Speed Bump=Lame
    Both SB were lame, yoga and get in racing suit run 10ft get splashed with water

They should have made them do an extra task. In fact most of the tasks have been easy. CBS really rushed this season everything from the teams and tasks seem really weak.

+ Reply to Thread