+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

come on don/nick! win this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2752480;
    I am still rooting for TK and Rachel but would be ok with the other two teams. Preferred order would be TK and Rachel winning, Nick and Don second and Ron and Chris third.
    I agree. At the moment, though, I'm just delighted the screamy couple lost. Although I was sad for them in their hug at the end, talking about their relationship.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;2752417;
    This weekend couldn't get much better...Green Bay won, the Giants won and now TK and Rachel are still in the race! The stars must be aligned correctly.
    I know! The only thing that would have made it better would be if Jacksonville had beat the Pats!

TK and Rachel seriously rocked this leg AND Nate and Jen were eliminated and that really capped off an amazing day. WOOHOO.

I know, it's bad to take cheering, woohooing pleasure in someone else's failure, but Jen, IMO was one of the more really 'ugly racers' to have raced on this show. In a list that includes Jonathan, Victoria, Colin, Mirna, etc. etc. that's saying something. It seemed like she was constantly snotting about something, complaining about something, or generally yelling or whining and it was incredibly irritating to watch. I don't wish the end of a relationship on her and Nate, but it wouldn't surprise me - the race revealed a really ugly side to her personality. YUCK.

As for this episode, I loved it. I even made it the whole episode without wanting to muzzle Ron. I think Christina is awesome, but until this episode, I have felt like her dad hasn't been much of a teammate. This is the first leg where Ron and Christina really raced together and I was actually happy for both of them (usually I'm just happy for Christina).

Of THIS final three, I will genuinely be happy with any of the teams and normally I'm actively rooting against a team in the final episode. It's refreshing to have the annoying team gone already.

FORT Fogey

FABULOUS!

I feel much more kindly toward Ron. He really has made a huge step in changing his ways. Good for him. Many teams through the years have pleaded with airline employees to not give tickets to the others. They never pay attention and I think the flight was full. The editing would like us to believe differently but they have a job to do and certainly would not take orders from a passenger.

I have a soft spot for TK and Rachael, I would love to see them win. I would be happy to see Nick and Don finish first, as well, but since the final stretch usually involves running I just don't see it happening unless they are way ahead of the others. They would be smart to dump the back packs as soon as it is clear they no longer need them rather than waiting until the final stretch. I wonder if there is a rule about this.

Very satisfying show!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Ok...I cheated...I haven't watched the episode yet (had to tape it) but I just had to jump on here and see who was eliminated and I am sooooo happy.

I've had a total day from hell "helping" (read: basically doing it all) my son finish his Science Project which is due tomorrow and couldn't watch the episode. Now I can go back and work on the project with a smile on my face!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I am thrilled to see Jen and Nate philiminated! And I will be happy with any of the final 3 teams winning. I'll be rooting for TK and Rachel but I won't be upset if any of the others win because I like all of them. I think this is the first season ever that I can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2752535;
    Many teams through the years have pleaded with airline employees to not give tickets to the others. They never pay attention and I think the flight was full. The editing would like us to believe differently but they have a job to do and certainly would not take orders from a passenger.
    I agree with your assessment. Christina said she came on this race with her dad to get to know the man that was too busy to be a hands-on dad while she was growing up. For good or ill I think she is getting her wish. For whatever reason he has toned down the canIbeabiggerjerk attitude that he embraced at the start of the race. Without TAR they may have gone through the rest of their lives as vertual strangers now they have a good foundation to build from.

Stoner boy and Rachel did a great job this leg of taking advantage of the equalizers and staying in the race. Their "don't freak out" strategy has worked so far, but now that it's down to the wire that won't be as easy and the fact that they apparently don't know each other very well could work against them. If they win he will be able to buy a weed wacker for the rat's nest on his head. Jen's comment that they don't work hard during the race is completely unfounded.

I find both Don & Nick to be intolerable. Their personalities have been abrasive to me from the start and I'm shocked and thoroughly disappointed that they weren't one of the first to be philiminated. As much as I despise Jen I wouldn't have been sad to see these two go tonight.

Nate/Jen are one of those couples that should never be formed. While Nate is no great prize she is a nightmare and I can't imagine any man wanting a 2nd date with her much less a relationship. I'm sad that it's taken so long for them to be philiminated, but it was fiendishly done.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Three great things, Nate and Jen are eliminated, TK and Rachel came from behind and Ron has finally grown up.

First time I can remember when I didn't care who won. I like all three remaining teams.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2752487;
    I do think it's crappy gameplay
    It's just TV editing! Do you really believe that an airline employee with a filming crew on his/her face would risk losing his/her job by listening to a passenger's irrational request?
    I think the flight indeed did not have any more available seats regardless of what Christina was saying .

FORT Fogey

The previews for next week look good! I can't wait! Who's gonna win a million bucks???!!!!

+ Reply to Thread