+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kynt & Vyxsin got lucky here. Fighting for no reason and then doing stupid crap just for the sake of throwing a hissy fit isn't going to help get you any further ahead.

When asked pre-race about why they got rid of NEL's, Phil's response was a non-committal "Who's to say we have?... I don't know where you heard that from, but you're going to have to wait to see what happens." In episode 1, he said that only 8 of the 11 legs are elimination points.

My recollection of the first episode is that there were to be 11 legs and eight eliminations. With two NELs, that leaves the traditional three teams in the final leg.

well, they made quite the point of saying there would be no NE legs. obviously, somewhere along the way they changed their minds:
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-23-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: removed link

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2732565;
    My recollection of the first episode is that there were to be 11 legs and eight eliminations. With two NELs, that leaves the traditional three teams in the final leg.
    I remember asking about that at the beginning, because I couldn't do math that made it work without NELs . . .I was pleased to see the NEL come up.

"...see the signs, know their meanings"

"You say that now, but how are you at canasta?"

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I like the speed bump idea but I was one of the ones who thought there were no NEL's this go around. So I was initially a little disappointed but I like Kynt & Vyxsin so no harm no foul.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2732537;
    This editing sucks.

Its obvious that Kent and Vixen didn't make up near enough time.

Okay, maybe it doesn't suck. Maybe I'm just too used to this show.

EDIT - NEL though. Featuring a "Speed Bump". A new twist, where they have to do an extra task, which is in exchange for taking all of their money away or "marking them for elimination".
    For me, this was the best episode of this season. I'm still shaking. Well, I'm not shaking, but I was. It was because my favorite team of getting eliminated. I thought the editors did such a good job with the editing. They made it seem like they were neck and neck. So unlike Krom, I guess I'm not used to the editing.

And then to find out that TK (or should I say Thomas Kyle ) and Rachel were not even in trouble of getting eliminated! The show made me feel so nervous for nothing. Yeah, I was surprised like everyone else who watched this episode. I was surprised with the NEL with all those rumors saying that there would be no more of them. But you know, I was wondering when they would use the Speed Bump, and this makes perfect sense.

After this episode, I learned a really good lesson (one that relates to the prediction game): stay out of it. Well, make your prediction really early and then stay out of it. 'Cause I just checked it, and six people in a row made the right prediction of Nic & Ron getting first and Kynt & Vyxsin getting last.

I'm starting to like Nathan & Jennifer again. They're such strong racers. Even with their very annoying bickering (which didn't show up in this episode), they've placed in the top 5 in all legs except the first leg. They're long overdue to get first on a leg.

But my favorites still remain TK & Rachel. It was so frustrating when he couldn't find "VINCI" near the river, but they kept such a laid back and cool attitude about it. They got in a lot bad luck in this leg. First the clue they left behind. Then the Roadblock and the VINCI thing. Then getting a flat tire right after completing the Detour with Kynt & Vyxsin hot on their tails. And they did freak out a little with the clue, but still, they kept a better attitude than other racers.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Have I mentioned the HUGE crush I have on Vixyn??
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Even if they did lie about no NEL, I'm glad they did. I always liked them And for once they saved a team I semi-like vs a team I can't stand. Though once again my picks in the prediction game sucked.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-24-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2732565;
    My recollection of the first episode is that there were to be 11 legs and eight eliminations.
    It WAS said in the first episode. I'm not sure where the whole 'no elimination rumor came from.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've mentioned before the idea of an extra task for NEL teams to do. It sure makes me wonder if someone from CBS is reading these forums. Ahahahaha!!!

Of course, I didn't expect it in the form of this Speed Bump. I was thinking as soon as they got started the next leg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast