+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will an all female team ever win?

Will an all female team ever win?

Hello TAR fans? How is it going? The title pretty self-explanatory. Do you think an all female team will ever win?

I stopped watching TAR after they announced the family edition, and up to then no female team ever won. I believe that was the eighth season? Now it's up to the twelfth and an all female team STILL hasn't won the million dollar prize yet. I didn't watch last season but I know there were two female teams in the final three, but a male/female pair edged them out to win.

Do females lack something that the men have? What do you think is holding back an all female team from winning the prize?

LG.

Re: Will an all female team ever win?

well it won't happen this year. I think it is possible, and one of the rules that the show sometimes employs to facilitate this is requiring other teams to alternate who does road blocks. It particularly stops male/female combo teams in which the stronger male teammate does all of the physical challenges. I remember the bowling moms being passed up during a rope-climbing challenge that required a lot of arm strength. The bowling moms were very smart racers, but the physical was tough for them. Maybe a mom-daughter team like mom and Emily (Momily) from the very first season as the mom brought the experience, people skills, navigation and not-panic requirements, and the daughter had the physical stamina to help with tougher challenges. Of course Momily pretty much eliminated themselves by giving up on a challenge and getting a 12 hour penalty. That was not cool.

I'm hoping we get an all-female smart and fit team that can win the prize some season in the near future.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan

spoilers

Click to see Spoiler:
    an all girls team won the first season of the amazing race asia. and to be honest, that was so so so much harder than any of the US versions

Probably not. And its nothing inherent in the gender, its the way they cast this show. They insist on bickering sisters, or beauty queens or bickering mom and daughters, or old lady pairs.

If we ever saw them cast two tough athletic young reasonably intelligent ladies without axes to grind with each other, without any other obvious casting hook which got them picked over more competent women, then maybe. But how likely is that would happen? They'd get tossed out in casting, and we all know it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

if Kynt and Vyxin win ... they 'more or less' qualify as an all-female team!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam;2722828;
    if Kynt and Vyxin win ... they 'more or less' qualify as an all-female team!!

Totaally agree. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

And I reaaally want them to win...with Jennifer [and Nathan oh well...] in second.

Yes, I believe that day will come!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2721303;
    Probably not. And its nothing inherent in the gender, its the way they cast this show. They insist on bickering sisters, or beauty queens or bickering mom and daughters, or old lady pairs.

If we ever saw them cast two tough athletic young reasonably intelligent ladies without axes to grind with each other, without any other obvious casting hook which got them picked over more competent women, then maybe. But how likely is that would happen? They'd get tossed out in casting, and we all know it.
    But you forget the Beauty queens could have very easily won it on all stars last year!

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Statistically they will have to have more female teams competing in the race .. they seem to have more male/female teams or male/male teams .. and then throw in one or two female/female teams .. and as Krom posted .. they always go for the "casting factor" ...
    Wasting away another summer...

I really think that it all depends on who is casted. I believe that the Beauty Queens was kind of like an "oops" kind of thing that worked out to the shows advantage. It did suck how there were 2 all female teams and they still got beat by Dani and Eric? (he was a horrible team-mate, but hot)
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast