+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 12/9 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by meezy;2713143;
    ..."oh my goth!!!!!"

jen's shrewish whining has the aural effect of tear gas and law enforcement would do well to record and loop it on loudspeakers during standoffs and hostage situations.

The airport equalizer that wasn't. Does it seem to you like it seems to me that the race (without the NEL) is just speeding along - unlike the Bickersons trying to row a boat? Other than Africa, it has been one day in Lithuania and one day in Croatia - at least so far. From the rock wall next to the roadway in the preview, it seems as though they might still be there next week. They aren't even half way around the world and there are only five teams left. By the time they get to Asia or wherever, they'll be down to four.

Ron and Christina got a good edit this week (finally); and despite the Bickerson's hate you campaign, they are still in it - unbelievable. I loved the zip lines - Whooee! I'm glad they were able to work that in this go around. Neither couple who climbed the wall seemed to have the weak legs or swinging ladder troubles we had seen in other races. It all seemed rather anti-climatic rather than dramatic.

TK and Rachel are, so far, able to cling to their philosophy of calm minds - I hope it continues to work for them. From the preview, Kynt and Vyxcin have their first televised falling out, and Don poops out. Both scenes give a bad vibe about the contestants, but that (as we know) doesn't actually mean they do poorly on the leg.

I'm installing a seatbelt on my chair so I'll be ready to buckle up for another fast ride next week to the final four.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

I'd like to see the goths take it. It would be such an atypical result, given the usual beauty types that seem to win in all reality shows. Ron and Christine are growing on me ,even tho he can be obnoxious. Their relationship certainly seems to be improving. Go Christine!

Quote Originally Posted by josieb;2713058;
    He. Anyone caught Ron's snark about knowing what a catamaran is? What season was it when the team that came in first was told they're getting a catamaran each and after the usual ye-hey, asked, what is it?
    That was Charla and Myrna in the all-stars season that came in first and won the catamaran and didn't know what a catamaran was. I thought it was funny that Ron actually said that he knew what a catamaran was.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2713154;
    I'm installing a seatbelt on my chair so I'll be ready to buckle up for another fast ride next week to the final four.
    Next week TAR will not be on. Survivor finale will be on starting at 8 ET. TAR returns in two weeks.

Oh wow. Croatia looked beautiful! It makes me want to go and visit there. I'm definitely putting down Croatia on my "Must-See Places in the Future" list. And I was laughing at what Rachel said about the country. "It sounds like one of those countries gymnasts come from." When I think of Croatia, I think about skiing because I did watch the Winter Olympics, and quite a few of them came from Croatia.

A lot of people say that TAR is bad for any couple to try and build their relationship. Well I think TK & Rachel are the opposite of that. They're relationship looks like it's growing. And like Arielflies said before me, they're keeping a calm mind through this all. They're just awesome.

I spoiled myself accidentally before watching the show, so I wasn't that entertained with the latest episode. I saw who got eliminated before the show aired, and I was shocked to see that Azaria & Hendekea were eliminated since they have proved to be one of the strongest teams in the history of TAR, getting first on 3 of the legs before this one. So out of the 6 legs they lasted, they got first on half of them. After watching the show, I now know where they fumbled.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

The way the elimination happened just does not feel right to me. A travel agent screws up, and they get eliminated for it. I know it is all fair and all, but it just seems like a really stupid thing to have happened, and a very dumb thing to knock someone out of the show for.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2713322;
    The way the elimination happened just does not feel right to me. A travel agent screws up, and they get eliminated for it. I know it is all fair and all, but it just seems like a really stupid thing to have happened, and a very dumb thing to knock someone out of the show for.
    Sadly...that's the nature of the show. They took a chance and listened to Christina on more than one occassion, and it cost them dearly. So many people have been eliminated in past races due to the mistakes of others (especially cab drivers). The travel agent was a nightmare...almost felt like she was slow on purpose. I'm sad to see a team that was doing so well go out this way...hoping to see them again should there be another All Star season.

Azaria needs to learn how to speak to his sister. I came to wish that Hendekia and Christina just dumped their partners and raced the rest of the race together. The way he spoke to her made their elimination easier to swallow. Had they won surely he would have taken every bit of credit for that win and only acknowledged his sister's ability to merely "keep up" with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2713322;
    If they had taken a look at their tickets before they got to the gate, it wouldn't have happened. I'd love to know what time they actually arrived in Croatia.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

They should have checked their tickets more closely. If they start keeping people in because "It's not our falut." it would never end. A taxi driver getting lost would be just as acceptable as an excuse as the travel agent issuing the wrong tickets. Unless production screws up, I don't think there are any excuses given. A production gaffe can be equalized for all teams and hidden by editing.

In the preview, it looked like the FF was getting a tattoo, and that's what Gramps was skittish about.

+ Reply to Thread