+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/25/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers** (Delayed start time thread)

Re: 11/25/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers** (Delayed start time thread)

Quote Originally Posted by melverine;2691784;
    I'm sad Jason and Lorena are gone. But Karma's a bitch and those blondies will get what they deserve (well at least one of them, the one that did not want to U-turn, she seemed sensible).
    So was I, I really hoping that the blondes would get lost, for J&L to catch up and get to the mat before them, that would have been a perfect ending.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2691712;
    Lest we continue to beat this dead horse, I've already pointed out I was wrong in my observation about the number of posts appearing to be less this season, and this week in particular.
    I understand that - I was just expounding on the seemingly lack of during airtime posts in genreal...
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

This episode was actually pretty boring. I thought this would be a non-elim. with the U-Turn.

I finally was able to watch my recording of the show. I actually liked this one quite a bit. No airport drama, and the editing fooled me, making me think J&L were staying in it.

Felt bad for those chickens. If the poor thing was DOA, would they still be allowed to check in? Felt even worse for the goats tied in a big bundle; at least the ones they had to carry were one at a time.

Kynt and Vyxsin's stock keeps going up in my book-- good people. Nathan and Jennifer were already my least favorite remaining team, and now I can't stand them even more. Green is NOT her color!

I felt bad for Hendekea with the bathroom break thing; I know that would be the thing that would kill me on this show, lol.

I'm glad J&L went home (I give that relationship a year, tops), and liked the blondes move only because it may have saved TK & Rachel.

Who, me?

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2691664;
    . i think this cast has a good mixture of the good, the bad and the just plain odd. .
    I totally agree with the "good mixture" comment as far as team personalities go. Their abilities are not that mixed, however, imo. The ending isn't a prewritten one: with boring alphamale team win. The eyecandy female teams are boring but if it keeps some people watching: fine. They aren't overwhelming the race with footage of them. The couples are bickering enough to have that as a hindrance. The brother/sister team may be developing as the strongest team but they make mistakes so they are vulnerable to a lucky strike from many of the other teams.

All in all, I think the cast is fairly evenly matched in their abilities or lack, thereof. To some that may mean that the teams are all mediocre but that's fine by me: it looks more like regular people were picked off the street and plunked into the race than most of the previous race editions making the overall field more even seeming. I cannot pick a favorite because I like many of the teams. I love that.

And Team Banshee has just lost! Yay! I won't wear out the Mute button. As for Team Entitled Much? (2nd place this week): RACE!! I hope they get the Uturn next. So far I'm liking the Uturn.

FORT Fan

I, for one, support the use of the U-turn and thought it was a good move on Shana's part. However, I really do question the implementation of the U-turn. Instead on adding more manipulating elements in the game, they should revert back to the Fast Forward on every leg of the race.

Jason and TK are both very calm guys, aint they? But, I must say Lorena was pretty calm this leg too! I expected a breakdown from her upon realising they been U-turned.

With 3 wins on their back, I am pretty sure Azaria & Hendekia will not win the race.

I thought an interesting tact for the U-turn would be that when they completed the other half they'd have been handed an envelope that directed them to the pit stop. As it is, it's really just a "yield" after all...a delaying tactic.

Hats off to the siblings...I said for last weeks ep that they were just playing up the African connection...but they've actually taken the journey to Ethiopia...way to go for that!

As it is, it's really just a "yield" after all...a delaying tactic.
    I think it's more than the Yield. The yield was simply a stop and wait 15 minute (or 30, I don't remember) period on the way to the next point. The U-Turn requires the racers to go back and do another task. Time is spent returning to the challenges and completing what is probably the more time consuming challenge of the two. I think it can put racers even further behind than the Yield. But it's part of the race and I don't have a problem with it being used. Since it's available to everyone it's not unfair to anyone. Just don't be behind the team using it.

Quote Originally Posted by melverine;2691784;
    I'm sad Jason and Lorena are gone. But Karma's a bitch and those blondies will get what they deserve (well at least one of them, the one that did not want to U-turn, she seemed sensible).
    Well, judging by the preview, a giant bus full of karma is speeding towards the blondes. I hope the bus has good brakes, since I don't wish them physical harm, I just found the short blonde to be incredibly snotty about the whole thing. I do hope that karma does indeed come back to bite them in the behind at some point very soon.

The use of an option like a U-Turn or a Yield has its place in the race, but targeting the team (intentionally or not) that is already in last place wasn't the best use of strategy, IMO.

The use of an option like a U-Turn or a Yield has its place in the race, but targeting the team (intentionally or not) that is already in last place wasn't the best use of strategy, IMO.
    If you're going to use it I think it's the best strategy. It is more of a guarantee that you won't finish last, which is the most important thing. If the blondes had used it on Rachel and TK, then had problems themselves, it could have been a three-way race for the mat. I would rather take a chance that TK would pass me to have an even larger margin for error over the last team. You've got to be in it to win it.

+ Reply to Thread