+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 11/11/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/11/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Christina does need to lose weight... about the 190 lbs or so her dad weighs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;2662828;
    Good one.

If my husband EVER spoke to one of our children that way he would not be allowed back in the house without a promise it would never happen again. And if he did it again, out again!

I really like Christina, and I'd love to see her win the race. Unfortunately, I don't think she stands a chance because of her partner. And, in the unlikely event that they manage to stay in this race, am I really gonna be able to stand him that long?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2661826;
    Alright, so TK & Rachel and the brother/sister team pretty much stepped on the mat first. So why did the bro/sis team get 5th and TK & Rachel get 6th?
    After TK/Rachel PASSED Phil they ran into the bro/sister who "graciously" offered to lead them to the pitstop. So the bro/sister must have arrived first and Phil just checked them in together to cut down on the number of times he had to do his spiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I am sure he hit some parent/child buttons on alot of people watching this episode tonight. First was that incident in the airport with Nick. Who appointed him the polite police. He needs to get over that quickly. As far as how he treated his daughter, it was abominable. I hope he watches this tapes understands why all his children hate him.
    I didn't have a problem with him telling Nick he was rude, because I think his issue was that they were a group and he didn't want Nick's behavior to reflect badly on him (irony at its finest). He crossed the line when he just went on and on about it.

I too was wondering what his reaction will be to watching himself abuse his daughter and sadly I predict that he will see nothing wrong with it. Further, if they watch it together he will probably pile more abuse on her after the fact. I love the word "abominable".

Quote Originally Posted by princess07
    Last night show was just too funny. I noticed that there were a lot of weak guys in this bunch that couldn't hoist up furniture.
    It wasn't a strength issue with them. They just couldn't follow the instructions on how to tie the safety harness on the furniture. Fortunately their female counterparts bailed them out.

Mariner I agree with you that the "you need to lose weight" comment was just said as a joke. At this point it's hard to cut Ron any slack

Harvest, There were 2 couples that traumatized their donkeys. One was thankfully eliminated and the other was Nate/Jennifer.

Harmony2000, I agree that not having a fave this year is increasing my enjoyment of the show. And YES Grandpa did tell Phil that he was nude at some point at the tar pit and I didn't take it as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213
    Love this comment!!! Will Christina/Ron become the Flo/Zach of this season?

FORT Fan

I'm finding the Goths really appealiing but Ron should be sent to Brat Camp.

Well, if I ever find myself ditch vaulting in Amsterdam I hope Ron is around to explain to me, at great length and in great detail I'm sure, the "principle" of the task. Something tells me Ron is used to have the last word in his family, or many many last words come to think of it. He truly needed to self-censor and shut up already. Christina looks like a saint to respond to him so calmly and evenly. She looked beaten down as he berated her. I'm sure that's not the first time she's been told she is a disappointment to her Dad. This is more sad to me than Jonathan and Victoria. As ridiculous and over the top as Jonathan was, Victoria pushed his buttons all over the place and certainly was an active participant in their dysfunctional relationship, albeit to a somewhat lesser degree than her freaky partner. Christina however did nothing to warrent her Dad's tide of abuse, and I honestly don't think her Dad really accepts that he is primarily to blame for their problems on this leg of the race. He expected her to make all the decisions while he did nothing but complain about everything. I'm sure Ron is used to believing that he does very little wrong and he knows pretty much everything about everything.

Loved Phil's face when the team rolled right on by him.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2669008;
    Loved Phil's face when the team rolled right on by him.
    Me, too! I loved the scenery in Amsterdam, but the contestants not so much. I wished they would have slowed a least a wee small bit of the chasing race in order to highlight the bridges and canals. I know, this is not the Travel Channel.

Ron's bad karma and self realization have still to materialize - I hope it is soon. Well, the obligatory gay couple is gone (though I really did enjoy their attitude) and that leaves a couple who are referred to as hippies (though I don't see that) and the goths (real freaks with hearts) the usual dysfunctional families and couples using the race to work out their problems. Have I forgotten any TAR stereotype!

I'm really trying to get involved in this race around the world, and once this other show I watch that takes up way too much of my time concludes this next week, I can get into TAR as well as other shows I've neglected.

Kynt eyeing the sheep and Vyxin eyeing Kynt.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213