+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Brazil - Full Info

FORT Newbie

The Amazing Race Brazil - Full Info

Hello everyone, here is all the info on the brazilian version of TAR - with a portuguese bottom line called the Millionaire Race.

acorridamilionaria (dot) com (dot) br

Full Videos of Past episodes:

acorridamilionaria (dot) com (dot) br (slash) videos (dot) html

Number of Teams: 11 (1 gay, 1 father-son, 2 couples, 1 cousins, 1 male best friends, 1 mother-daughter, 2 female best friends, 2 sisters), all brazilians

Winner Prize: R$ 500.000 (something like US$ 300.000)

Stages so far (all of them inside Brazil, hey it is a big country)

Stage 1 - Sao Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Petropolis
    Stage 2 - Petropolis - Ouro Preto
    Stage 3 - Ouro Preto - Salvador (NEL, FF and Yield)
    Stage 4 - Salvador - Maceio - Dunas de Marape

When: Saturdays, 7pm (4pm ET)

It is a very well done version, the problem so far is the channel, which is not very popular, but the reputation is slowly growing. Unfortunately there is no subtitles in English, but I guess it is worth a look.

Comments are welcome.

FORT Newbie

Re: The Amazing Race Brazil - Full Info

We were spoiled by Amazing Race Asia being in English! Maybe somehow someday we will get a subtitled version. It might be faster to learn Portuguese though!

Brazil is a HUGE country, but even so, part of the challenge of an Amazing Race is the need to deal with different peoples, customs, and languages, etc. Not that Brazil isn't a diverse country, but even so, there's a degree of familiarity when it's all the same country, I think.

It's a little disappointing that it's only going to take place in Brazil. It is a big country, but part of the fun for me is to see all the countries that the teams get to go to.

I would like to keep up as best as I can since I love international reality TV. With there being no English subtitles (and the fact that I don't know any Portuguese), it's going to be a little hard.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Rominger;2658166;
    Winner Prize: R$ 500.000 (something like US$ 300.000)
    US$300,000??!! Wow, that's more than what they give out in the Asian edition.

FORT Newbie

Well, since so far there is no episode outside Brazil, I canīt mention if there will be or not a stage outside, BUT the opening credits show 5 other South American countries (I believe are Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Argentina and, maybe, Paraguay) and the show is partly sponsored by LAN Chile, so there could be some outside (not so far, but anyway better than nothing) fun.

Updating: Stage 5 - Dunas de Marape - Natal

Also, there is a Wikipedia page in English about the race (search for The Amazing Race Brazil), with all the road blocks, detours and finishes so far. I still canīt put a link here otherwise I would have done it.

Also, they are selling the Full Season DVD during the commercial breaks (obviously will be sent after the race is over ). I asked the guys who produced the show (which can be found at Orkut Community page) if there is a possibility of putting English Subtitles, but havenīt heard from them so far. Also at the Orkut TAR Community page, one of the cool things is the opportunity to chat with the participants at the discussions after the episode. Even 'our Phil' drops some comments over there.

This is just wrong. During this race's sixth leg (the most recent one to air), the team of sisters Andrea & Luciana were actually held at gunpoint in a stoplight by three men who robbed them. This made the girls, who were at that point in 4th place, drop to last place in the Non-Elimination leg. Thanks to the whole thing being filmed, though, two of the robbers were caught by police, but no word on the third. I certainly hope the girls are okay emotionally, cause that can be just downright traumatizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2676801;
    This is just wrong. During this race's sixth leg (the most recent one to air), the team of sisters Andrea & Luciana were actually held at gunpoint in a stoplight by three men who robbed them. This made the girls, who were at that point in 4th place, drop to last place in the Non-Elimination leg. Thanks to the whole thing being filmed, though, two of the robbers were caught by police, but no word on the third. I certainly hope the girls are okay emotionally, cause that can be just downright traumatizing.
    That is really scary! I was just wondering why the robbing was not prevented despite the whole thing being filmed. Or were the robbers unaware that it was indeed being filmed? How about the camera crew? Didn't they do anything to stop it?

I remember one TAR episode years back when firemen/friends Andre and Damon were held up by some thugs in Morocco, but the show's security team intervened and nothing unsavory happened.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

FORT Newbie

I saw the episode Saturday. I should say that was a first for TAR, in any language.

Stage 6 - Natal - Fortaleza (Aquiraz)

I donīt know if it was scheduled to be a NEL, but coincidentally it looked like a NEL.

About the scene, the girls (and the crew) were inside the car, so apparently the thieves werenīt aware that there was a camera filming them (talk about bad luck for them).

The sisters were on the road to the Pit Stop, so it was almost secure they were going to be 4th. The interview at the Pit Stop they were really shaken, but they moved on (as the scenes from the next episode showed).

It was a shame because the sisters are the funniest team of the race, and I believe other teams could be eliminated before because of their total lack of attraction to the viewers, but that is the race. Apparently at their profiles at Orkut they looked fine, although I havenīt read anything they wrote about the robbery (also because they couldnīt previously to the episode).

The ratings are doing good. The program is now the third most viewed during its exhibition for the past 2 weeks (not considering Saturday episode), with an average of 6,8% of viewers. This week the first outside commercials (not considering the showīs sponsors and the commercials of the own prodution team) were shown and the site will shortly accept inscriptions for the second season, which is great news.

I was on Wikipedia, trying to catch-up with all the international versions of TAR. I know, it's Wikipedia, but I trust that what they have right now is real since all they have are recaps. There's no fake spoilers or anything like that, like there always is with ANTM.

Anyways, I just read about the incident that happened with the blonde sisters (I read they're nicknamed the Xuxas, so I'll just call them that). Gosh, that's terrible! I would be so shaken up if that had happened to me. I'm glad to hear that at least 2 of the 3 robbers were caught. And thank god it was an NEL because that would have caused a major uproar for them to be eliminated over an incident like this.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Updating:

Stage 7 Fortaleza (Aquiraz) - Manaus - Amazon Forest (Sateré-Mawé Tribe) 2nd Yield - no one used.

About the Xuxas incident. They survived the episode, although they faced the 30 minute-penalty for not arriving first (they skipped all the other punishments used in previous TARs, which is a good thing). They didnīt use the Yield, which could help them (and they were questioned by Rony - our 'Phil' - when they arrived at the Pit Stop). Still, they eliminated friends Milene and Jaqueline who actually were almost non existant during the race (except they were very good looking).

About the incident, the Xuxas wrote in the Orkut that, in the scene showed in the episode, the camera was still filming when the men appeared, so it actually showed when the camera was in the hands of the thiefs. The thiefs were surrounded by the police near the crossing where they robbed the production crew and the Xuxas, and the camera was drowned so they could not go to jail without much evidence of the robbery. The Xuxas also said they could not go to the Pit Stop because they fell sorry for the cameramen, who was also robbed and lost money, documents and everything else (it was also drowed, but could not be recuperated).

Also, in the scene showed, there was a sound of bullet shots, which were from the undercover policeman (they found out later) which was showing, in another car, to the Xuxas the road to Aquiraz. This also helped to call attention to the incident and arrest the thieves faster.

The Wikipedia page (in English) about TAR Brazil is very good, acurate and pretty much updated after the episodes.

Apparently, there is a front runner right now, which is Perri and Maristela (a.k.a. Mr and Mrs. Bean). They are proving to be the strongest so far, playing the game with more attention than the rest, winning the last 2 stages.
    Last edited by Rominger; 11-26-2007 at 10:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast