+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Route Markers for TAR 12 **Spoilers**

Re: New Route Markers for TAR 12

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2652245;
    The yield makes the team stop racing for a specified period. I would think the speedbump slows them down rather than making them stop all together - like making them take the long way round or making them bike instead of taking a cab or making them carry something heavy that will impede their movement.

Maybe a u-turn is a sort-of yield. Like a team might have chosen to do task X during the detour but a team ahead of them has u-turned them, forcing them to go back and do task Y instead. Logistically I'm not sure how well that would work, however, as you would have to know that a team is going to choose a certain task in order to have the u-turn affect them.

This is all just conjecture anyhow.
    Now with that I agree!Someone else posted that the u-turn forces a team to complete both Detours and I think its something like that!Gosh,I feel sorry about the teams that get u-turned lol

Re: Route Markers for TAR 12 **Spoilers**

They drop the Intersection.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2651626;
    Done. I'm still trying to figure out what a Speed bump will turn out to be (other than a fabulous FORT mod). Based on the name, it has to be something to slow a team down.
    When it eventually gets introduced, I'll think of our speedbump!!!

Quote Originally Posted by banzai;2652401;
    They drop the Intersection.
    You're right. I'd completely forgotten about that.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Then there's also one more thing to think about: there's supposedly no more non-elimination legs. And it has been said that there are 11 legs, 8 of them being elimination legs. So what happens to the other 3? Could the U-turn and the Speed Bump have anything to do with the other 3 legs?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Stefoto;2652262;
    Now with that I agree!Someone else posted that the u-turn forces a team to complete both Detours and I think its something like that!Gosh,I feel sorry about the teams that get u-turned lol
    Oh, that would be good. Mean, but good.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Maybe the Speed Bump is some kind of extra task that a team must do but at least not waste time like the Yield?
    Last edited by Destron; 11-12-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2651184;
    I have read some speculation that a U-Turn involves a team who has completed one Detour task being sent back to do the other task. If that's right, I hope that the U-Turn applies to everyone with respect to the particular Detour not just to one team. If it's just one team, I have no idea what would trigger it other than another team choosing to cause them to have to do it like with the Yield.
    Mariner, you nailed it. Now we just have to wait for a Speed Bump to appear. I hope that it applies to all the teams.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I think Phil said that it was the first of two u-turns. It will be interesting to see if more than one team uses it the next time or if Shana and Jen regret not being able to use it next time.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2695379;
    I think Phil said that it was the first of two u-turns. It will be interesting to see if more than one team uses it the next time.
    I assumed it was like the yield or fast forward, where only one team could use it per round.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2695595;
    I assumed it was like the yield or fast forward, where only one team could use it per round.
    You could be right about that CCL. Just from the way the teams were talking at the u-turn, I had the impression that more than one team could use it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast