+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

I am so glad that the brother and sister team came in first. I like them but they are gonna have to get it together if they want to continue to come in first. Love how they helped the father daughter team. The Goth looking people are another favorite of mine.

This was the best show for TAR in my book. I've never laughed so hard over those donkeys in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2647955;
    The siblings creep me out. They seem "too" close for me.
    If this freaks you out, then my family would definatly freak you out. Because we are the same way and we are a large family like the Osmonds.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65;2650916;
    I know this has been the supposed change this season, but I heard Phil at the starting line saying that there would be 8 elimination legs and 3 non-elimination legs.

Did anyone else hear that?
    As I recall, he said that there would be 11 legs, 8 of which would be elimination legs. I don't recall him using the term non-elimination, so I assumed he was referring to the legs at the end where the final teams reach a pit stop but continue racing the next day. But I think Adult Beverage might be right that he might also have been referring to one of those "keep on racing" pit stops that they've had in past seasons.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

Well with the magic of my Tivo recording he said - 11 legs, at the end of each leg is a pitstop - 8 of these pitstops are elimination points - so get to them fast... yada yada...

So you are right the phrase non-elimination was not used.

Who, me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2649305;
    When Staella smacked the donkey on the neck, I was so hoping it would turn and give her a good kick in her ass.
    -snipped post- This was probably the most righteous first elimination in TAR history.

Personally, I think the donkey should have gotten a prize for that leg.
    CHEERS for Donkey wisdom and discernment! The Donkeys did the next best thing: didn't move and got the most obnoxious and abusive teams to come in the last two places. 2 bad only 1 elimination applied. I hope for more Donkeys in future legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefoto;2648796;
    Im soo sad that Ari and Staella got eliminated It looks like I was the only one who liked them.That stupid donkey cost them the Race!!
    You weren't the only who liked them. I liked them just because I thought they were entertainment. The things they said were pretty funny, even though they were also mean.

But like I said in a previous post, I was hoping they would get last since I put them last on the prediction game.

And kudos to envy for making the fantastic banner on the top of my screen.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65;2651683;
    Well with the magic of my Tivo recording he said - 11 legs, at the end of each leg is a pitstop - 8 of these pitstops are elimination points - so get to them fast... yada yada...

So you are right the phrase non-elimination was not used.
    I was wondering about NELs. In the commercials leading up to the start of the race the announcer said it was an "all new race" with "new rules" and "no non-eliminations" so I was surprised when Phil said there were still 11 pit stops but only 8 were elimination legs. Pit stop implies a 12 hour rest period so that also suggests there's some type of reprieve given to the last placing team on 3 of the legs.

Whatever they have planned I don't care as long as we still get at least 13 episodes and another season to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2648177;
    Especially with every leg being an elimination.
    Where did you hear that? I distinctly heard Phil say there are 11 legs in this race.

FORT Fan

So glad to see TAR back. The chance to see Ireland was a real bonus. I haven't picked favorites yet but was glad to see Donkey win over the two shrieking creeps. Even Shrek had better sense. Anyway, at least the Hollywood writers' strike won't spoil our fun this season.

FORT Newbie

I´m glad Ari & Staella are gone, they should know karma always kicks asses on this race.
    Teams I don´t like:
    Nathen & Jennifer: I wish they´re the next out. Did you hear when he told her "you are the worst person I´ve ever met at this" or something like that?? he doesn´t have any respect for her.
    The blondes are quite annoying they´re screaming already!
    Lorena & Jason: when they were in Ireland she kept telling him they were going the wrong way and he completely ignored her!

The rest are ok for me at the moment, I quite like the daughter and dad, it was really heart touching when he said he didn´t want to let her down.

+ Reply to Thread