+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

CCL

Re: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Loved that the donkeys seemed to side with me as to which teams to mess with. I would have preferred Nathan and Jennifer to get out, though...bickering couples are annoying. Along with the constant use of "babe."
    Great first round, moved very fast. So far I'm like Ron & Christina, the Goths and the brother and sister team.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;2648535;
    It is unfortunate that they got eliminated because of the misfortune of not getting the right donkey.
    It appeared they were eliminated because they were relentless in their abuse of the donkey. The other abusive team at least gave the donkey a break. That appeared to be what saved them.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;2648535;
    Looks like they stacked AR12 with lots of male/female pairings and all female pairs with only 1 all male pair.
    Not surprising. 50% of the time all male or male dominated teams have won. I'm only surprised they didn't try to stack the deck with stronger all female teams.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Im soo sad that Ari and Staella got eliminated It looks like I was the only one who liked them.That stupid donkey cost them the Race!!

FORT Newbie

It is great to have the Amazing Race back. It is off to a good start with my least favorite team (I couldn't stand Ari) already gone. Thank you to the nameless donkey! Animals really are a great judge of character, or lack thereof.

LG.

the most telling thing to me was how Ari and Stealla were completely blaming the donkey when it was their treatment of the donkey that caused it to "shut down" and not move. They never once considered changing tactics and trying to be nice to the donkey to coax it along the path like ALL of the teams that passed them were doing. Hope they watched it last night and went d'oh, we should have stopped being such jerks. Nah, didn't happen, but I did love the instant karma ending.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefoto;2648796;
    Im soo sad that Ari and Staella got eliminated It looks like I was the only one who liked them.That stupid donkey cost them the Race!!
    So sorry, but yeah, it looks as though you were the only one. And that donkey? Not remotely stupid. In fact, it is a remarkably perspicacious animal who didn't cost them the race at all. They cost themselves the race by abusing something much more human than them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2648913;
    it is a remarkably perspicacious animal
    :nono Now Rattus, there you go getting all Webster on us again.

I learned a new word today:

per·spi·ca·cious Pronunciation[pur-spi-key-shuhs] adjective
    1. having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning: to exhibit perspicacious judgment.
    2. Archaic. having keen vision

Well,I just wanna ask you guys,what wrong they did?Is it bad that you want to win,and you are willing to do anything to win?There weer definetely teams who needed to go before Ari and Stealla.And I was very shocked that the brother ans sister came in first.They just got lucky that TK and Rachel got lost

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2648935;
    :nono Now Rattus, there you go getting all Webster on us again.

I learned a new word today:

per·spi·ca·cious Pronunciation[pur-spi-key-shuhs] adjective
    1. having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning: to exhibit perspicacious judgment.
    2. Archaic. having keen vision
    But seriously, though, wasn't that donkey the very definition of perspicacious?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2649011;
    But seriously, though, wasn't that donkey the very definition of perspicacious?
    I love that word, but rarely have the chance to use it. Good job!! And yes that donkey was sagacious.

I was surprised how quickly some of the teams fell apart this year. Wow, it seemed much earlier than normal for all of them to lose it. Normally they wait until a bit later into the race when they are exhausted completely. Karma worked quickly this time.

I'm so glad TAR is back on. It's my favorite of all the reality shows and I was so looking forward to it all day yesterday. Too short for a premiere, but still glad to have it back on anyhow. Ireland was beautiful. What is with all the teams with no sense of direction this year? I would think brushing up on one's map skills would be a necessity if applying for the race (as well as stick shift).

I love the suggestion too of putting a stick shift car in the first episode. Get rid of the chaff first thing. Although the donkey took care of a jackass right off and that was satisfying.
    Last edited by justCoz; 11-05-2007 at 12:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread