+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

No early favorites for me, but I couldn't have asked for a more perfect first elimination.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Yowza. I'm exhausted. I think they ran the whole race in the first leg. Lost. fights. heavy breathing. stolen taxi. b**chy. bad directions. whoopin and hollerin. bad donkey. Karma bites.

I'm laughing now because usually karma doesn't bite back until about the sixth or seventh leg.

I confess I haven't read up on this group yet, or the spoilers as I wanted the experience to be new when first viewed. Thank goodness. What a diverse and (??) group. What does it say that my favorites this leg are Goths and loving it. How will they be able to keep up the makeup and costumes for another leg or two? When will they revert to "natural" due to exhaustion and no time in front of the mirror?

This will be at the very least an interesting cast this time around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This episode went by way to fast. I am glad that those two Arses bit the dust. If I was that Donkey I would have used a well placed hoof to the head for Ari & Stella

I'll have to admit, even though I was hoping they would get last (since I put them last in the prediction game), I liked Ari & Staella. Ari made me laugh with his temper, especially towards the donkey. Even though it's mean (which was made obvious when Christina brought up the fact that donkeys have souls ), I still thought it was funny. And he had me laughing when he first said "Karma's a bitch, but I'm a bigger bitch." Then when they were eliminated, he said, "Karma bit us."

Hooray for TK & Rachel getting third! Even if they could have gotten first if they had not turned the wrong way, third is still high up on the list.

I like Ronald & Christina, and I thought it was sweet when he started to tear up at the pit stop. And when he kept shouting, "Who's your Daddy!?!".... that was funny. I also like their alliance with the brother/sister team, even though I feel Ron & Chris are kind of mooching off of the brother/sister team (I have gotten the names of the brother/sister team down yet ).

Oh wow, that blonde team kicked butt! They turned me off when one of them said they would use the million for shopping, but they really did kick some ass. They were in the back of pack, but when they kicked it into high-gear, they got it going and passed 5 teams! And I think they look way better on the TV screen then they do on photographs.

I strangely like Nathan & Jen. I was so scared that they would get eliminated. And I felt bad for them since their donkey wouldn't budge at all. They may become the bickering team, but I think I'll still like them.

This might have been brought up, but did anyone else notice the mistake the editors made? They had the names "Nathan & Jennifer" under Shana & Jennifer.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Wow, who knew Kynt was so fast on his feet! For a little guy he's smokin' when he runs Loved the donkeys, the braying, the yelling and crying and fighting and questioning relationhips only one episode in. Didn't like someone calling the goths "freaks" - I had to stop and reiterate to my kids that we shouldn't make such quick judgements of other people based on their choice of clothing and style. Loved the minister couple who said that the Amazing Race was like a love letter to the planet or something to that effect. I agree, it really does make me want to get online and start booking a trip. Loved Ireland, and it's so nice to see them finally there. Didn't care for the blondes or the sisters, but I did like the hippies. It's great to not have an alpha-male team dominating this season and I'm happy there are so many teams I like and obvious ones I dislike right off the bat. Great to see karma take a good chunk out of Ari's butt at the end too!

Loved Ron, and his teariness at the end was lovely. Don't like what I see in the preview though...they aren't allowed to bicker! Hope it's just a small thing they are blowing out of proportion...I'd love to see them win. Not sure I want to see Grandpa's undies though.

FORT Fogey

I don't know which couple it was -- but the boy/girl couple where the girl wanted to wait for the other teams and the guy was already driving...

Gawd! I usually don't like the bickering that much but I just totally felt her frustration when she said "But we don't have the directions" and he just wanted to keep driving. That was JUST LIKE A MAN! Drive first and ask directions later! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2648489;
    I don't know which couple it was -- but the boy/girl couple where the girl wanted to wait for the other teams and the guy was already driving...

Gawd! I usually don't like the bickering that much but I just totally felt her frustration when she said "But we don't have the directions" and he just wanted to keep driving. That was JUST LIKE A MAN! Drive first and ask directions later! LOL!
    Lorena & Jason.

I was totally with you! I was shouting at my TV, "Just listen to her! She's right!" They still got fourth, but he had just listened to her, they probably would have gotten first.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2648493;
    Lorena & Jason.

I was totally with you! I was shouting at my TV, "Just listen to her! She's right!" They still got fourth, but he had just listened to her, they probably would have gotten first.
    They actually didn't bother me because he didn't seem angry with her or anything... He just seemed like he didn't have a care in the world! Just keep on driving!

I wish I had $1 for everytime that has happened to me! No one ever wants to listen to us...

As for Ari and Stella, I didn't want them to get eliminated. I want weaker teams to get eliminated. Ari is actually a character while most other teams are boring and just wants to bicker with each other. It is unfortunate that they got eliminated because of the misfortune of not getting the right donkey. Why can't they just return the donkey and get another one that's more cooperative?

Looks like they stacked AR12 with lots of male/female pairings and all female pairs with only 1 all male pair. The all male pair is not even a young pair but an unathletic grandson and his grandpa. As usual all the all-female pairs and teams with an old fogey were at the back of the pack until the misfortune of two gender mixed teams with their donkeys.

I'm giving the brother and sister team the advantage at this point of the race. They have the smarts and they are young and athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2648259;
    It does not seem likely that conditions will exist throughout the race to enable them to keep their make-up fresh.

Amen to this. I think we will see them slowly emerge as they travel. I hope so at least. In some of the more remote areas they travel to they could encounter huge problems looking like they do. Also, having a problem with baby pink and goth, isn't this an oxymoron?
    Prisoner of War in the United States of Halliburton

+ Reply to Thread