+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

I was glad to see the people who were mean to the donkeys lose. And the other screamy ones nearly lose.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2648204;
    I was glad to see the people who were mean to the donkeys lose. And the other screamy ones nearly lose.
    Yeah, it seems fitting that an ass was responsible for eliminating the asses. Sometimes, poetic justice rules.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2648204;

It was beautiful, wasn't it? I love how they were whining about how they tried everything. How about being nice to the donkey. Everyone that passed them were being nice and the donkeys were going along just fine.

I'm totally loving Ronald and Christina! And she's just so cute, and I love their spirit and attitudes.

See ya next week, Phil, you're looking yummy as ever
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I must admit I really wanted Nathan and the little screaming blonde to be eliminated due to the donkey. I hope they have more donkeys in this race. What is it with casting that they have 2 couples that have screaming mimi's as partners. It gets old after a while. I was really impressed with the goth couple, although Kynt does come across very gay at times. Vixen must be the alpha in that relationship. I also root for the older teams as the males of the young male/female teams tend to be arrogant SOB's and the females are just wacked. Not too impressed with the 2 blondies, or the Miami sisters. Nice to see that almost everyone in this race is directionally challenged. Still the best part was the donkeys. I haven't laughed that much for a while. Maybe they can put the donkeys in Survivor? That would be loads of fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2648196;
    At the tandem bike segment now. Kynt and Vyxsin's chain broke... she looks like pretty soon she'll have to put Kynt on her back and carry him around. That backpack of his looks like it's going to topple him over backwards, he's such a slight person.
    Their makeup alone probably weighs a ton and Halloween costumes take up a lot of room. They don't act like a couple in love and my cynical side is telling me that the whole Goth thing was a gimmick to help get them on the show. It does not seem likely that conditions will exist throughout the race to enable them to keep their make-up fresh.

Whether it should bother me or not the blonds were place on my *hit list when they said they want to use the prize money for a shopping spree. The brother/sister were put on that same list when they bragged about their intelligence and being over-achievers. Let's add the ministers for saying that they won't give way to others on the race, but then also taking the unacceptable next step of making mean-spirited comments.

Interesting that several of the racers to pass the "stalled" racers told them not to yell at the donkeys because they are sensitive. It's a good thing they weren't given mules, because they are much bigger and meaner and had a phrase coined about their stubbornness.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, sisters from Miami really started on a wrong note..though we all know how editing goes...

The ministers don't seem strong enough to continue for long..

So far the father and daughter team is my fav...

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2648259;
    Their makeup alone probably weighs a ton and Halloween costumes take up a lot of room. They don't act like a couple in love and my cynical side is telling me that the whole Goth thing was a gimmick to help get them on the show.
    They do seem to be sincere in their Goth... uh, Gothness? Is that a word? All the internet research I did (I posted some of it in their team thread here) when checking out these two indicates that both are long-time members of Louisville's Goth community. Kent appears to have a huge emailing list that he emails people and local media about Goth events, especially local Goth music events. Vyxsin (Jennifer) has been a local um.. Grotesque Burlesque Goth fixture for a few years in Louisville. So the Goth thing looks genuine for them.

However, I'm with you about having doubts as to the dating aspect. I guess I can't post a link to it here since it's another forum, but a Louipimps (as in pimping Louisville) forum (you can look it up by that name) for Louisville locals has a Goth music section where some of them know Kynt and Vyxsin and mention that Vyxsin isn't Kynt's preference in relationships, though they've been good friends for several years. They also make reference to how good Vyxsin's breasts look, and one friend of hers said they should, she paid enough for them.

So I'm believing their Goth thing, I'm just not completely buying the dating thing at all. But that's just my impression, and as always, I could be wrong.

I just wish the TAR producers would stop trying so hard to force a tag on the teams that aren't always true, but make for better drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2648298;
    They do seem to be sincere in their Goth... uh, Gothness? Is that a word? All the internet research I did (I posted some of it in their team thread here) when checking out these two indicates that both are long-time members of Louisville's Goth community. Kent appears to have a huge emailing list that he emails people and local media about Goth events, especially local Goth music events. Vyxsin (Jennifer) has been a local um.. Grotesque Burlesque Goth fixture for a few years in Louisville. So the Goth thing looks genuine for them.

However, I'm with you about having doubts as to the dating aspect. I guess I can't post a link to it here since it's another forum, but a Louipimps (as in pimping Louisville) forum (you can look it up by that name) for Louisville locals has a Goth music section where some of them know Kynt and Vyxsin and mention that Vyxsin isn't Kynt's preference in relationships, though they've been good friends for several years. They also make reference to how good Vyxsin's breasts look, and one friend of hers said they should, she paid enough for them.

So I'm believing their Goth thing, I'm just not completely buying the dating thing at all. But that's just my impression, and as always, I could be wrong.

I just wish the TAR producers would stop trying so hard to force a tag on the teams that aren't always true, but make for better drama.
    Thank you, that is what I was picking up from them. Friends but not dating each other.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2648298;
    This suggests that he's "a joiner" who's gone through a lot of different stages where he dresses up in various outfits.

However, I'm with you about having doubts as to the dating aspect. I guess I can't post a link to it here since it's another forum, but a Louipimps (as in pimping Louisville) forum (you can look it up by that name) for Louisville locals has a Goth music section where some of them know Kynt and Vyxsin and mention that Vyxsin isn't Kynt's preference in relationships, though they've been good friends for several years.
    There's no way she's his preference.

They also make reference to how good Vyxsin's breasts look, and one friend of hers said they should, she paid enough for them.
    Well, yeah. I mean nothing in nature has that shape.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread