+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicolas & Donald - Season 12

FORT Fanatic

Re: Nicolas & Donald - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked;2734643;
    Don is my hero! This man is amazing at his age! All the challenges he has done and that lazy grandson just watching. I haven't like Nick from the beginning - he's a lazy, ungrateful kid. Maybe we could eliminate Ron and Nick and team up Don and Christine!! What a great team they would be!

Nic lazy?

Who does most of the driving (Don does do some of this) and navigating (even as passenger Don doesn't navigate)? Well so far, mile per mile its Nic. Hell just the drive in Italy was more then all that Don has done.

Who does all the work at airports? Let's see it isn't Don, so who could it be?

Who is often carrying not only their own pack but their team members? I don't think it's Don.

And that last one, you can be running and walking for literally hours. Most tasks (unless you have problems like Don with the Pole Vault and Nic with the message delivery in Lithuania can be done in 30 minutes), most of the days work is driving, navigating, running and walking. And this is from the very first day in Ireland to current, this wasn't he just started doing. Its in footage from every episode (except one, where producers took control of the teams baggage).

Roadblocks:
    1st: Biking over a wind swept gully, while pulling your team mate below - Nic
    2nd: Pole Vaulting a stream - Don (over Nic objections, by the way).
    3rd: Milking a Camel - Don
    4th: Assembling the bike and Goat, plants, other supplies and delivering them - Nic
    5th: Delivering Message - Nic
    6th: Stone work - Don
    7th: No One
    8th: Biking and carrying Fuel - Nic

Thats 4 tasks specifically done by Nic to Don's 3.

Oh about the Detours:
    1: Walking Donkey - Both take turns
    2: Finding the bikes - Both did, and both had to ride those bikes, later Nic did the riding while Don sat in the cart
    3: Teaching the kids - We see Nic do this, but that doesn't mean that Don didn't. Clips don't show anything else.
    4: Digging for Gold - Don did the digging, Nic did the shifting.
    5: Counting the Posts - Nic did this
    6: Rowing - They choose this detour to allow Don to rest, Nic did most of it, though Don did help out (and has a lot more experience on boats)
    7: Nothing
    8: Poster - They both worked together (and really well actually, take that Ron & Christina).

So on the detours they do share the work load, with Don taking the lead on mining for Gold, Nic taking the lead on counting and rowing.

So based on this, Nic totally does more work then Don. More individual tasks, more driving, all the navigation, all the flight work. He also helps carry Don's pack through many stages of the legs.
    Last edited by burntbrat; 01-01-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks miswood for pointing out for us where Nic has carried more than his load. I like this team and it would be great to see them actually win but odds are against them being able to match the remaining teams. I'd be happy to see any team left win ....except for Nate & Jen. They are shown so rude and cutting to one another they are not at all likeable!!!!!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2741772;
    Thanks miswood for pointing out for us where Nic has carried more than his load. I like this team and it would be great to see them actually win but odds are against them being able to match the remaining teams. I'd be happy to see any team left win ....except for Nate & Jen. They are shown so rude and cutting to one another they are not at all likeable!!!!!!!
    I just like being fair to the teams and if I see them being represented in a way that goes against the actual footage provided (either on air or clips), I like to correct it.

For example how you would like to see Jenn & Nate go because of their attitude towards each other (which is often hostile, when things are going bad and they are stressed). But based on footage of the episodes and clips I personally think Ron & Christina are worse. THough in that case it is more one sided (though not completely, Christina comes across worse on clips then in the episodes, in my opinion). We see ROn beratting Christina in as many episodes as Nathan & Jennifer fighting. With name calling towards his daughter (just not bitch, but with attacks on her reasoning her intelligence and being fat), he has cussed at the other teams to their face (something Nathan & Jennifer have never done, closest is Jennifer's reference to the blondes as bitches, but not to their face), we have him arguing with Race judges (is that a first), getting mad and hostile with locals (A lot more in clips, from store clerks, locals on the streets, people in airports). Most of Nathan & Jennifer's anger as been directed at each other. Ron's seems to hit whoever is nearby when he stresses out. Nor has Ron (or Christina) said they hate each other like Jennifer has.

But for me personally I think Ron's behavior is worse. At least with couples, you don't have to be with that person. You can date someone else. But Christina is stuck with Ron as her father for the rest of their lives.

As for Nicolas & Donald, they have very little chance at winning the final leg. Usually that is the most controlled leg of the race, designed (for normal racers) to be the easiest to win. Since it has the fewest activities from the last equalization point to the finnish line.

That would normally be a plus. But one thing that has been a big factor in all final legs, though some far more then others. Whether in airports to get a cab, to searching for clues, to the final run for the mat. And with out of the 4 teams left, they are the physically slowest at running, even when Nicolas is taking Don's backpack.

They usually do good at driving from point A to B, but that isn't a factor. So far in the final city no team has ever driven themselves. It al foot power and mass transportation.

This has hit teams I like (This one) and teams I hate (Charla & Mirna).

FORT Fogey

I just do not get any bad vibes from Nic. He was extremely helpful and patient during the robot task, is always saying how proud of his grandfather he is, asks him if he is tired or needs a drink. I think these two represent both of their generations well, and are both seemingly great guys. I root for them because they do not get all mad and like TK and Rachel seem to actually enjoy each other and the time they spend together as much as the shot at the money.

I have to agree although I've only started watching since the episode H/A were eliminated. I have not seen him say anything petty or rude to others, and he seems to carry most of the loads.

LG.

I think they are doing great. My last living grandparent died in 1986 (which is before a lot of posters here were born), so I completely can't imagine running a physically and mentally demanding race with a grandparent, but man, they seem kind and supportive. Nick seems a little dorky, but hopefully spending the time on this trip with his "hip" grandpa will give him some pointers for how to hit it off with the ladies.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I stand corrected. Thank you for the run down of events, misswood. since I have posted, I have come to like Nic and Don more. In the beginning, Nic was doing alot more sitting than Don - or it could be editing. I do enjoy them and Don is a nice man who clearly raised a good child - Nic's parent who has passed that on.

I take alittle offense to you lumping in Christina with her father but you later do admit that its Ron. Christina has been more than patient and loving towards her father. I don't care for him at all and hope that he really sees himself while watching this. As for him being worse than Nate & Jen, I think they are worse to themselves than anyone else. The relationship is so dysfuntional and I truly hope they seek help with how they deal with each other after watching themselves.

My choice for a win would be TK & Rachel who have shown nothing but respect for each other and anyone they encounter and who have remained calm and optimistic when faced with challenges.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah, Christina isn't bad (though the footage on clips of her is worse then anything we see on the episodes).

But on this show its so easy to type people as a team, that I often forget until after typing.

FORT Regular

Nick and Don are so cool. Nick is great how he always carries Dons bag, and never complains when he's old and slow. Good kid

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2629245;
    [img]

Regardless of who's calling the shots in the heat of the Race, these two are looking forward to traveling the world together and creating lasting memories.
    Weather or not they win the million this team still wins! Congratulations to Nick & Don for making it to final three teams!!!!They did what they set out to do.... traveled the world together & created some great memories!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast