+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

Re: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2744502;

Ron's manner and the way he words the critique of his daughter sounds like he professes to be an old Asian master. "I am teaching my daughter....." preceeded many of his camera chats.
    I would agree with you on that IF Christina was still young...but that is not the case. She has degrees from, I believe, 2 Ivy League colleges!! She does not need Dad "teaching" her anymore...enough is enough. I hope Ron watches every minute of the show when he gets home. And hopefully we will make some major changes in his personality. I think Christina is awesome. I was so glad they came in first place. Driving that cab would have had me CRYING. Christina did so well. Oh and depsite the fact I think last night Ron was pretty mild, his complaining at the India Airport when the cabbie left them off at a "closed entrance" was ridiculous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2744814;
    I would agree with you on that IF Christina was still young...but that is not the case. She has degrees from, I believe, 2 Ivy League colleges!! She does not need Dad "teaching" her anymore...enough is enough.
    You missed my point! Because his daughter is a mature, intelligent woman this stance is ludicrous! We are agreeing. Give it up Ron, you lost your chance to have an impact. She is teaching you and you dont even see it!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2744964;
    You missed my point! Because his daughter is a mature, intelligent woman this stance is ludicrous! We are agreeing. Give it up Ron, you lost your chance to have an impact. She is teaching you and you dont even see it!
    Ohhhh, ok....well then GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE, shoepie!!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2744502;
    I have to disagree about older people being set in their ways. It is just not true. Sure, some are but I have met some young people that are very strident too. It is all about the individual, not age. Donald is a shining example.
    I will have to disagree with that. I don't see Donald as a "shining example" because he hasn't set any sort of goal to change himself in any way. Donald seems like a very mellow person to begin with or maybe he's learned to relax since the beginning of his retirement. Either way, Donald seems to have only acquired mental and physical endurance for this game. ...and a stronger bond with his grandson, of course.

Ronald, on the other hand, not only has the mind of your traditional Asian-father, but the mind of a businessman. What Ronald wants is to change this fierce attitude which he naturally has been applying to everything he does and that affects his relationship with his daughter, obviously. To say that it's easy to change yourself is unfair, especially considering Ronald has probably never given his own attitude a thought his entire life, and he's decades older than most of us.

Truly stubborn men will not admit to their own fault and Ronald has clearly admitted to his mistakes and his unfair treatment towards his daughter on national TV - nearly every episode I believe. For this reason, I've come to really respect the man.

And to say that Christina no longer needs to be taught because she's in her mid to late twenties, I couldn't disagree more. I think it's important to allow your loved ones to continue to guide you through life, no matter your age. And it's easy for us to see how mature and intelligent she is, but to Ronald, who has seen Christina since she was in diapers, he probably will continue to see her as his little Christina. He's also got years of experience ahead of her so I think it's important for Christina to heed his advice... if she agrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cece;2750639;

And to say that Christina no longer needs to be taught because she's in her mid to late twenties, I couldn't disagree more. I think it's important to allow your loved ones to continue to guide you through life, no matter your age. And it's easy for us to see how mature and intelligent she is, but to Ronald, who has seen Christina since she was in diapers, he probably will continue to see her as his little Christina. He's also got years of experience ahead of her so I think it's important for Christina to heed his advice... if she agrees with them.
    Well I guess Chris did the teaching last night...she taught Ron how to be mean! I was pretty shocked at Chris telling the reservation clerk to go tell Jen & Nate that there were no more seats on the plane AND the clerk DID just that...yup, Chris was trying to teach her father to be mean and she said it as well. I am wondering why there was no advice from Ron, no guidance from Ron in this episode........

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2752929;
    Well I guess Chris did the teaching last night...she taught Ron how to be mean! I was pretty shocked at Chris telling the reservation clerk to go tell Jen & Nate that there were no more seats on the plane AND the clerk DID just that...yup, Chris was trying to teach her father to be mean and she said it as well. I am wondering why there was no advice from Ron, no guidance from Ron in this episode........

Good point, I hadn't thought about that!

You ran a good race. I hope you guys win.

From the CBS website - Ron and Chris are auctioning off their t-shirts for charity:

Ron & Christina are auctioning off their "Who's your Daddy?!" shirts and will donate all earnings to an orphanage in Burkina Faso (where Teams traveled during the Race). All shirts are in good condition and have only been worn around the world to Los Angeles, Ireland, the Netherlands, Burkina Faso, Lithuania, Croatia, Italy, India, Japan, Taiwan and Alaska!
    eBay link: Ron and Chris on eBay

This is nice of them. But I don't see anything listed for bid yet.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Interesting......... that item has now been taken off of their list... they aren't selling anything at the moment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I wonder if TAR made them take the shirts off eBay?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread