+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

Re: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2714526;
    I agree. She's so amazingly patient and sweet. I'd be screeching back probably.
    I back this team only because of her. She is so level headed and genuine.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Newbie

I think Ron is just in the process of trying to change from the Type A businessman is appears he was when Christina was young to someone who can get along with his daughter. She is so sweet and cute and I really think he is trying, but remember, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2714566;
    I back this team only because of her. She is so level headed and genuine.
    Same here. She's a doll!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I hope he is watching this show now as it plays on tv and sees how bad he is coming off.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2737553;
    I hope he is watching this show now as it plays on tv and sees how bad he is coming off.
    I'm sure he just thinks that he was reacting out of stress and is really nothing like that in real life.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ron should be thankful he has such a smart and level-headed daughter. He totally lost it in the poster pasting task. He totally missed the point that the images have to be aligned (there's obviously no frame to align with). Christina kept on reminding him not to fight w/the judge. He. He.

Quote Originally Posted by josieb;2737652;
    Ron should be thankful he has such a smart and level-headed daughter. He totally lost it in the poster pasting task. He totally missed the point that the images have to be aligned (there's obviously no frame to align with). Christina kept on reminding him not to fight w/the judge. He. He.
    I couldn't believe it when he was yelling at the judge for "changing his mind." Of course the part didn't line up anymore. Christina had moved that piece to get the eyes to line up. He's such a tool!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

I definitely agree, that Ron sometimes is really unreasonably rude to his daughter, like he isn't even seeing her as a person. I heard a quote from some Malaysian Singer/Model chosen as sexiest whatever. She said she felt that Asia had cornered the market on male chauvinism. There is a lack of treatment of women as equal members of society in Asia, no question. I think that is undeniable. Ron has two daughters and his wife. And he is from a different generation. It does not excuse things, but explains things. Hopefully, since the show has probably already wrapped, Ron has seen the previous shows and is able to see himself acting the horse's deriere. Christina is solid, and is probably more sensitive to the fact that there are viewers-living breathing people out there. Ron only sees Cameras, a cause to perform, which does explain his blow-hard.

But, that being said, this unwillingness to bend is not an Asian thing in Ron's case as much as it is an age thing. I don't mean that to sound ageist. Just being factual. Older people are frequently more set in their ways. From episode 6, "You canít teach an old dog new tricks at this stage in the game." Ron

I also watch the Amazing Race Asia (on AXN), where all the contestants are from Asian countries. Season 1 was a little dry, but season 2 has
    been really good so far. It is out there for download which I've resorted to when I missed it. The host is stiff, but not as stiff as he was last year. Clearly he was chosen for his looks alone. The show is completely in English, a requirement for contestants. It is a great chance to see numerous Asian countries from New Zealand to Japan and everything in between.
    The Amazing Race Asia - Exclusively on AXN

I only mention this show here because there does not seem to be a listing of it alone. What better place than under an Asian-American team's post on the Amazing Race. Sorry if I've violated some etiquette.

I wanted to link to it but am not allowed; still I get nothing for this. I have zero affiliation. I am only a fan. You can search for the title with AXN to find a website. But unless you get Asian satellite tv, you will probably have to download it somewhere. Not sure of AXN streams.

FORT Fogey

I have to disagree about older people being set in their ways. It is just not true. Sure, some are but I have met some young people that are very strident too. It is all about the individual, not age. Donald is a shining example.

Ron's manner and the way he words the critique of his daughter sounds like he professes to be an old Asian master. "I am teaching my daughter....." preceeded many of his camera chats.

She is a bright, compelling woman and he would do well to view her as the master teacher. I find it hard to root for this team because I cannot warm to Ron. Even when he is being reasonable there is an aire of superiority. It is almost like he is allowing her to take the lead or make a choice as you would a five year old. He "allows" her to win the card game. He sees her successes as his in some twisted way.

I really like Christina. I haven't watched a lot of this season [bad casting] but last night I watched most of the episode and I heard that her dad is normally really mean to her, but I'm glad that they actually got along for that part of the race. One team that I definitely do not like is Nathan and Jennifer. They annoyed the heck out of me. I got flashbacks of Zack and Flo [S3?]
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread