+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Re: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Wow.

Maybe in Season 13 we will have a pair named Zorp and Glxyzl!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2633897;
    Wow.

Maybe in Season 13 we will have a pair named Zorp and Glxyzl!
    Here goes my keyboard! Again!

Premium Member

Kynt is a waiter at the Texas Roadhouse Restaurant.
    I'm trying to picture him doing the Cotton-Eyed Joe, and it's just not happening.

i almost misyaken kynt as a girl, but at least they can prove that goth doesn't mean it could be all black, all the time.

I have to say... if you look close at the photo "Vyxsin" actually appears to have quite a figure.

And "Vyxsin"? "Vixen"? Yeah, the meaning is pretty obvious. The whole vowel avoidance is pretty stupid.

Being obliged to put on makeup already seems like the kiss of death for any SERIOUS racer though. Which of course is why these two appear to mostly be shooting for notoriety.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

... these two appear to mostly be shooting for notoriety.
    They've got more posts here than any other team.

Re: Kynt & Vyxsyn - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2632980;
    To whomever said they see "self-created drama" with these two, I agree. They sound like they try so hard to be different and stand out, and I'll be curious to see how they do in this race.
    It's almost like they try too hard...

'Kynt' Cothron's real name is Kent Cothron, and he's used the 'Kent' spelling that he was born with until he applied for TAR12, apparently. A little internet research shows that Kent Cothron has been a self-appointed promoter of goth interests in Louisville's goth scene for many years, so I suppose it's only natural that he decided a reality show like TAR would be one he could use to further promote the goth image.

Here are a couple of online articles I found about Kent noting his local goth activities in Louisville's goth community:

This first one is from a local paper's party section where local people who want to publicize a party they're having can write in to the paper and give the details, which Cothron did.
    The Party Crasher
    The Louisville Goth Meetup at Bearno's by the Bridge
    By Chris Quay

Think what you will, but there were no blood-lettings, animal sacrifices or suicides at the monthly Louisville Goth Meetup event last Wednesday at Bearno's by the Bridge.

There were dark makeup, piercings, outlandish hair and leather, but mostly it was a group of people enjoying each other's company, listening to music and having a good time.

"We're not the suicidal, Satan-worshipping, depressed stereotypes that the media makes us out to look like," says 24-year-old "Thorn," one of the meeting's hosts.

The popularity of the local Goth group meetups took off last summer.

Kent Cothron, a regular who heavily promotes the Louisville Goth scene, says Louisville outranks cities from across the country and globe, including Chicago, Los Angeles, Sydney and London. You can check this out for yourself at the website goth.meetup.com, the Internet home for Louisville Goth Meetup members.

"People in the scene have really promoted it heavily," said 24-year-old Cothron. "We put out flyers, we talk it up and we're really getting the word about this. For a subculture-type thing, we've really promoted it well, drawing in our own."

Beginning in July, downtown's Main Street Lounge, 104 W. Main St., began a Goth night on Fridays for nocturnal frivolity, and there's a Goth industrial night on Sundays at the Connection, 130 S. Floyd St.

But Cothron said trying to socialize at a club with loud music and distractions is as hard as it is for him to transform into his Goth dress and makeup, which sometimes takes him three hours. (We don't doubt him.)

So the low-key monthly Louisville Goth Meetup nights were created.

"The meetup is a casual atmosphere," Cothron says. "It gives people a chance to sit down, talk, learn names and network."
    This next one is also from a small local media outlet who's focus is on music. Same principle.... if you want to publicize some local event or music, you can email the info to them, and they'll use it. Cothron emailed them about a goth music thing, and that's what the below article is about:

Goth/Industrial Nite @ Main Street Lounge

New CD premiere performance by PROVISION
    also, regular Goth/Industrial Nite
    Friday Nights at 104 w. Main St
    11pm - 4am

Featuring The Triad - DJ Shahn, Reverend Spook, DJ Sorrow-Vomit

Hosted by Suicide Girl Invidia
    promoted by louisvillegoth.com

This venue is the former Sparks, which has been very well used for Friday night Goth/Industrial as the Main Street Lounge, MSL, over the last two years; promoted out of the love for everything Goth, by Kent Cothron.

The fotos from various Goth related events and the Goth meets in Louisville as well as MSL events are on the Mister Grimm foto website at www.mistergrimm.com/scrapbook.html

These fotos are a great way to check out hair, makeup and clothes in the Louisville Goth community.

MSL Has a great sound and light show, and Goth people also get to hear music with lyrics, unlike most dance bars. One can hear a lot of German Industrial sound as well as a variety of sounds that Goth Folk like to hear. Some can be rather strong in tempo, so keep some liquid refreshment handy for after the dancefloor.

The Synthpop/Technopop band PROVISION performed with frontman Breye Kiser. On the web at index and hailing from Texas, Kiser was visibly emotional about the large turnout for this performance. He told me "I can't tell you how important this performance is for me" what with Kent Cothron allerting the Goth scene via louisvillegoth.com and his 700 person mailing list, to The reps of MSL being very welcoming and the crowd attentively watching, responding and dancing to PROVISION and the new albulm "Visualize", the second albulm.

This music is in its own niche, but if you think in terms of a cross between Erasure and Information Society, you'll get the idea of what I mean. Fun to listen to, great to dance to.

Kiser is very animated on stage and gets into his act very well. After a half hour set, he and the current road members danced with the crowd, and sold CD's and gave away bumper stickers, posters and buttons.

This is a tight well done live show. The recorded performances are well produced on the CD and I recommend PROVISION to all fans of Technopop.

If you wanna hang out with a cool group of mixed Goth friends, visit MSL on Friday nights. As Kent Cothron wrote to me in an e-mail, Goth is inclusive of Gay, Straight, Bi and Transgender and was open to all before it was popular to do so. Just be who you want to be." Well said Kent.
    Apparently, Kent Cothron, self-renamed Kynt Cothron for TAR, has a mailing list of over 700 local Louisville people that he emails goth events and info to.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

'Vyxsin Fiala' (real name Jennifer Fiala) can also be found pre-TAR12 on the Louisville scene. At one of the Goth nightclubs in Louisville, she's apparently the "Burlesque Girl VYXSIN appears as the official "goth shot girl" - intoxicating clubgoers with her seductive attire & sweet shots [tequila & rum]!"

When : Friday nights from 11pm to 4am
    Where : 104 W Main St., Louisville, KY
    Observations : Every Friday, the TRIAD (Rev. Spook, Motuvius, Sorrow-Vomit) spin the best in EBM, Elektro-Industrial, Darkwave & Goth while Burlesque Girl VYXSIN appears as the official "goth shot girl" - intoxicating clubgoers with her seductive attire & sweet shots [tequila & rum]! The club has 2 rooms: main room is primarily EBM / Elektro-Industrial and related (we spin loads of new music on this side unlike many US clubs!) with a bar and a pretty decent size dance floor. The other room is primarily traditional Gothic Rock, Deathrock, Dark Postpunk, Coldwave, and occasionally some older Industrial / EBM, Punk, Minimal Synth, and New Wave depending on the night and who is spinning. This side is also more of a lounge area with a large bar, pool tables, couches, etc. A large patio also exists that stays quite active in the warmer months; sometimes Neofolk, Neoclassical Darkwave, Martial Industrial, Dark Ambient and related genres are spun out here too. Generally one or two special events are done each month (on the same Friday night) that might range from a live band to a burlesque show...
    And then on Sunday nights, she appeared as the Burlesque girl at another club in Louisville:
    Every Sunday from 7 PM to Midnight, Louisville's only weekly ALL AGES Goth/Industrial event. DJs - The Triad (Rev. Spook, Motuvius & Sorrow-Vomit) rotate weekly shifts and occasionally split the nights spinning. Burlesque Girl VYXSIN appears as the official hostess. Music varies somewhat depending on who's DJ'ing for the night; but primarily newer EBM, Elektro-Industrial, Power Noize & Futurepop with some possibly occassional bursts of Goth Rock & Oldschool depending on the night.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Um, . . yeah.

Seems like a lot of time and effort being expended there, just to wake up one day and say, "I'm 40, what have I done with my life?"

Still, I'll be surprised if they're one of the first teams to go. I think they'll run into problems when keeping up the goth stuff becomes too much work. At that point, they'll being running themselves ragged and the real stress will break them.

+ Reply to Thread