+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tar12 **Spoilers And Speculation**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tar12 **Spoilers And Speculation**

Orlando Sentinel - At CBS party, previews of "CSI," "Without a Trace," "Cold Case," "The Amazing Race" and more by Hal Boedeker

Not a real huge spoiler here, but it does talk about the upcoming season (which from what I've read on other sites is apparently filming now). I only posted what was about TAR; the full link may contain spoilers for other shows on CBS this fall so far warning there.

"The Amazing Race": The Emmy-winning reality show is not on the fall schedule and will return later. "The countries are very exotic," Littman says. "We're going to a couple of places that I don't even know where they are on the map. I've had to go look them up."

As for the teams? Lively.

"This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

The show will will do two fewer episdoes and drop the noneliminations to create more excitement.

"The Amazing Race" has won four Emmys in a row as top reality competition. It could collect a fifth in September.

Littman attributes the success to the show's production values, the world travels -- and luck.

"I love '[American] Idol. I'm a huge 'Idol' fan," Littman says. "It is worthy of all its success. But it is in the studio. ... We send these crazy Americans around the world, out of our control for 90 percent of the trip. It's an audacious, ambitious task to do. I think the academy members recognize that."
    I was one of the few people who liked the NEL, and I hate that by eliminating them that means fewer episodes. On the plus side, no more stupid NEL twists. But I think it could have been more suspenseful had they mixed them up and not had them around the same spot each season. And the younger cast? I don't know how they can get much younger than they've had.

Re: Tar12 **Spoilers And Speculation**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2485361;
    Orlando Sentinel - At CBS party, previews of "CSI," "Without a Trace," "Cold Case," "The Amazing Race" and more by Hal Boedeker

Not a real huge spoiler here, but it does talk about the upcoming season (which from what I've read on other sites is apparently filming now). I only posted what was about TAR; the full link may contain spoilers for other shows on CBS this fall so far warning there.

I was one of the few people who liked the NEL, and I hate that by eliminating them that means fewer episodes. On the plus side, no more stupid NEL twists. But I think it could have been more suspenseful had they mixed them up and not had them around the same spot each season. And the younger cast? I don't know how they can get much younger than they've had.
    I'm glad to see the NEL's go, but am sad that it means fewer episodes. I'm wondering if the younger cast just means there will be no Oldies But Goodies couple for TAR12?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Well at least we won't have to witness people begging for money anymore. But for fewer shows.

I am just trying to think here how the non-NEL would have affected previous shows.

In the first season it was introduced, Karen and Linda would never had made it to 4th place and Brandon and Nikki would not have made it to 3rd place either.

Freddy and Kendra would never have won their season either.

Uchenna and Joyce would have been out in season 7 and not come in first place and Ron(POW) and whatshername wouldn't have come in third.

I remember the Branson's had an NEL in the family edition. They ended up in second place.

Trying to remember who was saved by NEL's in season 9 and 10 and if any of them ended up in the top three. Haven't seen those shows repeated on GSN.
    Any news on when Fox Reality will pick those seasons up?

I can't even remember who had NELs in the TAR-AS season.

Regardless, the new season can't come on my TV soon enough! It's my favorite show.

Chris/Alex, Flo/Zach, BJ/Tyler and I think Reichen/Chip also wouldn't have won (I didn't realize Freddy/Kendra came in last for a NEL ) Weren't Joseph/Monica (4th for TAR9) also saved by a NEL? Team Guido during the first season wouldn't have made the final 3. I wonder why they just can't do TBC legs? It'd still add suspense (except for maybe the viewer) but it's not like anyone would be saved, and they could still have the same number of episodes.

Fox Reality was supposed to be airing the last 3 TAR seasons as well as one or both seasons of The Mole. I did catch them airing season one of The Mole a couple of weeks back, so hopefully the TARs aren't far behind. I wonder why GSN didn't air them? But I no longer get GSN so I'm kind of happy that Fox Reality picked them up

Regardless of all this, I am excited that it looks like TAR will in fact live to see another day. I know CBS had renewed it but I certainly don't trust just that.

I have a mixed feeling about there being no more NELs. On one side, there won't be as many episodes, and some of my favorite teams won't be saved if they get to the mat last. And also, I was hoping that the first leg of season 12 would be a NEL so that the team who was last would actually get a second chance. On the other end, there are teams I absolutely despise, and without NELs, they'd be gone if they get last place.

If anyone would like to know all the teams that have been saved by a non-elimination leg, here's the list:

Season 1
    Lenny & Karyn - Leg 6
    Nancy & Emily - Leg 8
    Joe & Bill - Legs 10 & 12

Season 2
    Chris & Alex - Legs 6 & 12
    Blake & Paige - Leg 8
    Oswald & Danny - Leg 10

Season 3
    John Vito & Jill - Leg 8
    Flo & Zach - Legs 9 & 12

Season 4
    Kelly & Jon - Legs 8 & 12
    David & Jeff - Leg 10

Season 5
    Linda & Karen - Leg 5
    Kami & Karli - Leg 8
    Brandon & Nicole - Leg 9
    Colin & Christie - Leg 11

Season 6
    Don & Mary Jean - Leg 4
    Hayden & Aaron - Leg 7
    Adam & Rebecca - Leg 10

Season 7
    Merideth & Gretchen - Leg 5
    Ron & Kelly - Leg 9
    Uchenna & Joyce - Leg 11

Season 8
    Godlewski Family - Leg 5
    Brasen Family - Leg 7
    Weaver Family - Leg 9

Season 9
    BJ & Tyler - Legs 7 & 9
    Ray & Yolanda - Leg 11

Season 10
    David & Mary - Legs 5 & 7
    Dustin & Kandice - Leg 10

All-Stars
    Uchenna & Joyce - Leg 5
    Joe & Bill - Leg 7
    Eric & Danielle - Leg 10
    Oswald & Danny - Leg 11

Wow, thanks CG! Guess in each season, at least one team (sometimes two) who ended up in the top 3 were saved by a NEL.

Karalott, I must have mixed up Freddy and Kendra with Colin and Christie. Oops! I will have to check the Fox Reality site to see when TAR airs and also hopefully can find out when the Mole airs. I really liked that show too.

I like the idea of a TBC. I remember TAR doing that in Season 7 in India and all the teams were exhausted when they ran to the pitstop only to be greeted by Phil handing them the next clue.

And I also like the idea of the first leg being a TBC rather than an elimination.

We'll just have to wait and see what TPTB do. I also hope they DO NOT air TAR on Sunday nights, not with football and golf dominating the Sunday afternoon schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2486914;
    We'll just have to wait and see what TPTB do. I also hope they DO NOT air TAR on Sunday nights, not with football and golf dominating the Sunday afternoon schedule!
    From what I'm reading, TAR won't be on until mid-season (say January) so Sunday afternoon sports might not interfere so much.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Karalott, I must have mixed up Freddy and Kendra with Colin and Christie. Oops! I will have to check the Fox Reality site to see when TAR airs and also hopefully can find out when the Mole airs. I really liked that show too.
    I loved The Mole and am still sad that it's no longer on the air Just an FYI, when Fox Reality aired it for the first time, they aired the entire season in one day (I think they do that with all their shows that are series). I came in during the finale so I also hope to see it again. They repeat more shows on that network so hopefully The Mole will be one of them.

Thanks for the stats CG! Looking back, it is interesting to think how a certain season could have turned out. 5/11 winners wouldn't have won (and in the cases of TAR2, 3, 9, and 11 I would have been thrilled if that had been the case). But it's fun to think what kind of a shake up it would have had on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2486914;
    Wow, thanks CG!
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2487674;
    Thanks for the stats CG!
    No problem!

There were those teams where I was so happy they got saved by an NEL. Dustin & Kandice, Nancy & Emily, John Vito & Jill, Flo & Zach, just to name a few. But then there are times where I was just so disappointed that a team got saved. Eric & Danielle to name one. They wouldn't have won if they hadn't gotten non-eliminated! But whatever, they won, and that's that.

FORT Fogey

With the younger teams...

I just hope we'll not get 11 beauty queens, models/actors, etc. teams.

The enjoyment of TAR includes the teams of different ages and backgrounds. We all know that the older teams most likely will not win but I still enjoyed watching them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast