+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR 12 is a go!

TAR 12 is a go!

CBS announced it's new 2007/2008 lineup today, and so now we have official confirmation that there IS a new season of TAR. It will be a mid-season replacement on the lineup, but at least it's there.

CBS Announces 2007-08 Primetime Schedule

(CBS4) NEW YORK CBS has nuked “Jericho” from its fall lineup it was announced Wednesday, along with the sitcom “Class” and “Close To Home”, however, the 2007-08 primetime schedule also includes five new series – one comedy, three dramas and one reality program.

The five new series feature diverse and daring concepts, including “Viva Laughlin”, where drama is accented by iconic music; “Cane”, starring Jimmy Smits as the head of a powerful South Florida Cuban-American family; “Moonlight”, a romantic thriller with a new twist on the vampire legend; “The Big Bang Theory”, a comedy about genius geeks from "Two and A Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre; and “Kid Nation”. a reality series where 40 kids will try to build a new society in an abandoned ghost town.

“We approached our development this year with a specific goal in mind — to be daring and different," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. "The Fall and mid-season series we have selected offer creativity and variety with great potential to excite and surprise television audiences everywhere."

These freshman series will join 17 returning programs on the current CBS lineup, which will win the 2006-2007 season in viewers and adults 25-54, continuing the Network's multi-year winning streak.

These new shows will be woven into a deep and successful lineup that returns more series and has more time period-winning programs than any other network. CBS will return television's Number One drama and scripted program, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION; the Number One comedy, TWO AND A HALF MEN; the Number One new comedy, RULES OF ENGAGEMENT; the Number One news magazine, 60 MINUTES; and the premiere reality series, SURVIVOR.

Also returning are: HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, CSI: MIAMI, NCIS, THE UNIT, CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: NY, WITHOUT A TRACE, GHOST WHISPERER, NUMB3RS, COLD CASE and SHARK, as well as 48 HOURS: MYSTERY and CRIMETIME SATURDAY.

"THE AMAZING RACE" and "THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE" were picked up for mid-season along with the New Drama "SWINGTOWN"
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: TAR 12 is a go!

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that it's been picked up only as a mid-season replacement. (CBS's disgustingly bad treatment of TAR yet again. ) Does this mean there's a good chance it won't be stuck on Sunday nights, though?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm thrilled with this news and am trying to look on the bright side. Big Brother may not be a ratings powerhouse but it certainly has the fans really looking forward to it since it only airs once a year. I know when TAR5 returned a year after TAR4 ended, it got a lot of press and it certainly helped the ratings a bit. Hopefully fans that got tired of the 2 per year airing will be anxiously awaiting TAR's return. But I am concerned about a mid season slot. Where will it be, and will it be buried on a night where the previous show got clobbered by competition? And when exactly will it air? They could turn mid season into next summer if they have other shows they'd rather try out. I really wish they could air it after Survivor, though the Thursday line up is pretty untouchable and works well for CBS right now. That Survivor that will be airing around that time will be the AS one and would be a great lead in.

FORT Fogey

Better midseason than nothing, but this is the type of move that's caused the ratings decline in the first place.

I'm very happy right now. I just got into TAR. It would have sucked so much if CBS cancelled it right after I got into the show. Even if it is a mid-season replacement, I'm happy it's coming back.

Yeah it is returning. My favorite reality show lives again. I hope they are going back to the normal format and they come up with some more interesting/new activities this year.

i heard it was "familiar faces"

Very good to hear-- it is also probably my favorite reality show. And, while I would never go on a reality TV program myself, if I had to choose one, it would definitely be TAR.

Midseason replacement is probably BETTER than TAR debuting with all of the other new series at the start of a television season.

A "heritage" reality show can get lost when trying to fight for the attention of tv viewers sampling new shows.

Let 'em tussle...and then come back as a familiar friend after a few months of floundering around...and people will gravitate towards TAR.

Good move.
    pg

'She my American Idol' SoStacieFan's Avatar

I just checked how many viewers in millions this show has averaged per season and 6 of the last 7 seasons it has averaged 10+ million viewers (I think a week). This past season it was down 1 million to about 10.3 average if I recall. I rooted for Dustin & Kandice this past season not because of how they look, but of their athletic ability and thinking. Now that we're going back to regular teams, this should be fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast