+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR 12 is a go!

Re: TAR 12 is a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2623302;
    This season should be 'interesting'...

semi-spoilerette:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And from the confirmed sightings (with pics) of some of the teams, we know that season 12 will have at least one new unusual 'type' of team racing this season, as opposed to the usual types we always get.

Click to see Spoiler:
    unusual as in people who actually applied, not recruits?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

What I heard about Yau-Man was he and his daughter were asked to participate in another family edition, except this time there'd only be teams of 2 and everyone would be at least 18 and older (probably so they could leave the country). Hopefully that's not the case because putting TAR and family edition in the same sentence will turn people off. I also agree with you Nemeses, enough with cross casting from other shows! BTW,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what is this team that you mentioned? I've heard some location spoilers, but no cast spoilers other than this cast will be a younger bunch.
    I do hope they go into overdrive promoting the show, since Nov. 4th is a week away.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2623494;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    unusual as in people who actually applied, not recruits?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    As in who actually applied
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2623509;
    BTW,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what is this team that you mentioned? I've heard some location spoilers, but no cast spoilers other than this cast will be a younger bunch.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The one I was talking about was the Goth couple, kara. There are some cast spoiler pics taken during shooting at the spoiler sites that you and I talked about last season. I'll send you some pic links to your PM if you want. The disappointment though is that they seem to be just 'playing' the Goth part, as opposed to actually being 'real' Goths in real life... just a couple more famewhores.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 10-22-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2623874;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    As in who actually applied
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Teams who actually applied not teams that were recruited. Bad attempt at a joke.

CCL

Yay! I can't believe it is starting so soon.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

There was an Amazing Race commercial on tonight during NCIS. Anyone else catch it?

They showed:

Click to see Spoiler:
    A goth (lesbian?) couple, a grandpa and grandson, an Asian couple, 2 blonde friends.. and I can't remember the others.
    Wake up and be awesome

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2626175;
    There was an Amazing Race commercial on tonight during NCIS. Anyone else catch it?

They showed:

Click to see Spoiler:
    A goth (lesbian?) couple, a grandpa and grandson, an Asian couple, 2 blonde friends.. and I can't remember the others.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The other couples were the typical "couple in conflict", who will likely get engaged on TES or put on a happy face and pretend everything's peachy when in reality they can't stand the sight of each other, lesbian ministers, who seem cool, but I hope they don't get the religious edit. The Asian couple was a father/daugther pair (seriously, does every TAR season need a parent/child team?), and I don't think the goths were a couple, but just friends. Either way, I'm not entirely impressed with the group from that promo. Seems like a lot of stuff we've seen before. I'm confused, though, because the promo said that there'd be 11 teams, yet I thought Bertram said there'd be 2 fewer teams and no NEL? And given the success bickering couples have had on this show, I'm betting this one will be in the final 3/4 as well )

I saw that on NCIS that Amazing Race season 12 will be starting November 4th (at least that is what I thought the ad said). Also to refresh the season they are (I don't know if telling what the new rules are is considered a spoiler but just in case I will put them in spoiler tags).

There will be 2 rule changes:

1:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    age of contestents will be lowered

this one will make a lot of people very happy:

2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there will no longer be any non-elimination rounds, someone will be eliminated each round/leg/episode

I have waiting for rule 2 ever since the famous Colin and Christie debacle in the Philipines.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love rule 2! I don't watch every episode usually and it seemed
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that every one I did watch, it was a NEL. Thank goodness those are over. They were good for a few seasons, but it was far time to change it up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast