+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 4/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2355568;
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything about the drama queen accusation about them, because I didn't want you to think I was picking on you, but since you mentioned it again.... I actually don't think D/O are drama queens in any form of the phrase. A drama queen is any person who overreacts to a minor problem or situation, and if anything, D/O tend to be the opposite of that. In two seasons of TAR, there have been so many things that have happened to/around them that they just calmly let pass or basically noticed/ignored/moved on, and in all the group situations where others are present, D/O are always in the peacemaker/let's get along/let it pass mode, even making extra effort to point out good things about other racers, or give them a fair break, whether on or off camera. With rare exception, D/O don't let things get to them, and they keep on going with a good attitude, and try to have fun along the way. Even the very rare times they've snapped at each lately, it was done with humor, without drama or meanness, and was over with quickly, and was kept just between themselves.

The remorse they were feeling last episode over the Yield thing is totally understandable and not an overreaction for someone like D/O who try to live life without hurting other people or doing anything they feel isn't up to their high level of honorable racing. I wish they didn't feel so bad, because there was nothing wrong with what they did, but they're decent, caring people who naturally would feel bad about it, and the exhaustion/hunger/stress would just magnify that. TAR has had lots of drama queens over the years (Flo, Tara, Gary/Dave, Charla/Mirna, Marshall/Lance, Colin, Jonathan/Victoria come to my mind first ), but D/O definately aren't drama queens, not by a long shot. (oh horrors, I just had a momentary visual of TAR putting together a season of just the drama queens coming back - The Amazing Race Drama Queens version -- and I gave myself a headache )

As far as the 'this is so beneath me attitude' you mentioned, sorry, but I don't see it at all. I haven't seen it in two seasons of TAR.
    My point too. Except for their bickering in Malaysia and Macau, they were pretty much low key most of the time. When someones says drama queen, I always think of someone who is overemotional, exaggerative and prone to theatrical displays of melodrama. They are not like that. Now Jonathan and Victoria fits that description perfectly.

and don't forget FLO!!! Arghhh!

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2355706;
    My point too. Except for their bickering in Malaysia and Macau, they were pretty much low key most of the time. When someones says drama queen, I always think of someone who is overemotional, exaggerative and prone to theatrical displays of melodrama. They are not like that. Now Jonathan and Victoria fits that description perfectly.
    Overemotional, exaggerated and prone to theatrical displays of melodrama fits them perfectly. Just because they do this at a low volume doesn't make it any less true. I'm not saying they aren't nice people. On the first ep I didn't even remember them from their season, but had them singled out as being potentially the most annoying team in the race which didn't come true.

I'm afraid this will need to be an agree to disagree case between you, me and Nemeses.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2355957;
    I'm afraid this will need to be an agree to disagree case between you, me and Nemeses.
    That's fair enough, dberk, and we've been in this spot before and it worked for us
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2356014;
    That's fair enough, dberk, and we've been in this spot before and it worked for us
    I agree.

To dberk:
    Could you possibly give me any link to some info on those "different perspective non-racers who've interacted about them have" that you are talking about? Especially the negative ones? There's your opinion, but you're a non-racer and haven't really met them face to face. At least with these non-racers you are talking about, they have interacted with them, albeit briefly, so their impressions would be most interesting.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2356560;
    I agree.

To dberk:
    Could you possibly give me any link to some info on those "different perspective non-racers who've interacted about them have" that you are talking about? Especially the negative ones? There's your opinion, but you're a non-racer and haven't really met them face to face. At least with these non-racers you are talking about, they have interacted with them, albeit briefly, so their impressions would be most interesting.
    [mod edit]

For what it's worth, I'm in the middle. I see both points of view. I think O&D are drama queens. I also think they're very likable drama queens and they've injected a lot of humor into the show and that they are both very good people. I don't believe dberk ever said they weren't.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-29-2007 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2356560;
    I agree.

To dberk:
    I count myself lucky to be able to access FORT and make posts. My computer skills are way too limited to know how to provide a link.

By non-racers I'm just taking about people in foreign countries that have limited English - taxi drivers, the men on the street that Mirna kidnaps, shop owners etc.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2357513;
    I count myself lucky to be able to access FORT and make posts. My computer skills are way too limited to know how to provide a link.
    You can just provide the address like Airline Tickets Antiques Apartments Car Accessories Cell Phone Deals at Whatever.com or the easiest would be to copy and paste the address of that site from your address bar when you are accessing those said articles. I can follow from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2357513;
    By non-racers I'm just taking about people in foreign countries that have limited English - taxi drivers, the men on the street that Mirna kidnaps, shop owners etc.
    Yes, I get your point. But how did you know that their perspective is exactly the same as yours? That's why I want to know where your info came from because I'd like to read about it also.
    Last edited by Leo; 04-30-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2358030;
    Yes, I get your point. But how did you know that their perspective is exactly the same as yours? That's why I want to know where your info came from because I'd like to read about it also.
    Purely from my imagination.

+ Reply to Thread