+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2336484;
    Why should Oswald & Danny be criticized for giving away their standby code? It's not like it's against the rules. Or is there any rule against it that I am not aware of? If not, it's their standby code and they are free to give it to whoever they like.
    My point is if Danny & Oswald shouldn't be criticized for giving the code away, then Charla & Mirna shouldn't be criticized for using it. I've seen criticism toward C/M for this, but none toward D/O. It's interesting, that's all. Like an anti C/M thing just for the sake of being anti C/M.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2336776;
    My point is if Danny & Oswald shouldn't be criticized for giving the code away, then Charla & Mirna shouldn't be criticized for using it. I've seen criticism toward C/M for this, but none toward D/O. It's interesting, that's all. Like an anti C/M thing just for the sake of being anti C/M.
    I think the criticism is more for the way they used it, not so much that they had it to use. All the code did was guarantee them a spot in line, it didn't guarantee they were first. And it certainly didn't give them carte blanche to malign & derail the BQ's, or harass the airline employees. D&O and the BQ's took the time to visit both airlines and earned their spots in line.

Finally watched the show. Man, Danny can work the airport like nobody's business! He's awesome. How funny to see them charm their way into the office early while the other teams waited outside the regular doors. It's just too bad that the other team to cash in on it was C/M. Loved how Danny told her she needed to be calm, and then she goes off on the ticket agent anyway. Mirna, I think, believes that she can simply wear people down by non-stop talking to them. Shame is she probably can since most people would get her what she wants just to get rid of her.

And I *do* find it a little creepy how Charla is always popping up on the other side of the airport counters to watch the ticket agents. She should have to stand on the regular side like the others, IMO. Don't know why it bugs me but it does. Having said that though, she rocked that ninja climb! That looked like so much fun, I would have loved doing it.

So glad D/O got the fast forward and won such a great prize.

I'm a little scared though, because all of my favorites have been ousted the week after they come in first, so I'm hoping that D/O make it through next week ok. Please, please, let C/M come in last!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2331801;
    I hate this attitude of let's hate the Yield users. It is a part of the game. It is meant to be used. If a team chooses not to use it they should not shun a team that does.
    I hate it too. In the episode with the yield, Mirna mentioned not "resorting to dirty play" or something. I really hate how teams treat the yield as if it's cheating. It's put there to be used, and is obviously within the rules.
    I thought the FF was stupid. All O & D had to do was get in a car. IMO the FF should way more difficult than that. I like O & D, but it's sort of unfair that they got to use it again because they used the one during the intersection.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2336933;
    Finally watched the show. Man, Danny can work the airport like nobody's business! He's awesome. How funny to see them charm their way into the office early while the other teams waited outside the regular doors. It's just too bad that the other team to cash in on it was C/M. Loved how Danny told her she needed to be calm, and then she goes off on the ticket agent anyway. Mirna, I think, believes that she can simply wear people down by non-stop talking to them. Shame is she probably can since most people would get her what she wants just to get rid of her.
    Sweetpea, I think you are refering to Oswald, not Danny. Heís the spokesperson for the team and he was the one who did the negotiating. You should watch the videos at CBS. They have one there wherein they are trying to ďtameĒ Mirna.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate;2337848;
    I hate it too. In the episode with the yield, Mirna mentioned not "resorting to dirty play" or something. I really hate how teams treat the yield as if it's cheating. It's put there to be used, and is obviously within the rules.
    I thought the FF was stupid. All O & D had to do was get in a car. IMO the FF should way more difficult than that. I like O & D, but it's sort of unfair that they got to use it again because they used the one during the intersection.
    I also think the yield is not dirty play. But I also think that, as Phil would say it in the voiceover, teams should make sure that they use the yield to their advantage. Given that there are 2 yields, yielding someone on the first yield is not clearly to anyoneís advantage. D&K actually gained nothing with it, only the enmity of the team that they yielded. That, to me, is another one of their sometimes stupid moves. Given that there is another yield coming, puts them in a precarious position. And, if I understand it correctly, a team can only use the yield once, they should have taken that in consideration. Because they could definitely become a target for the next yield. I think thatís one reason why a lot of teams in previous seasons choose not to yield anyone when the first yield comes up, unless, there is really one team that almost everyone hates.

Re the FF, Iíve read on another forum that a new rule has been implemented with the introduction of the intersection. A team can now claim 2 FF, one performed as part of a joined team and another as a single team. If that is the case, I canít really begrudge O&D the FF. It's the luck of the draw, and in this episode, their luck was clearly on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2338165;
    Sweetpea, I think you are refering to Oswald, not Danny. Heís the spokesperson for the team and he was the one who did the negotiating. You should watch the videos at CBS. They have one there wherein they are trying to ďtameĒ Mirna.
    Thanks, you're absolutely right. I am always getting duos names mixed up! I have twin girls and I'm constantly calling them by each other's name.

Oswald rocked the airport, for sure. You can tell he is a methodical and rational thinker, and he's always so very polite and gracious. Everything a good racer should be, IMO. Mirna could definitely learn a thing or two from him!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2338678;
    Thanks, you're absolutely right. I am always getting duos names mixed up! I have twin girls and I'm constantly calling them by each other's name.

Oswald rocked the airport, for sure. You can tell he is a methodical and rational thinker, and he's always so very polite and gracious. Everything a good racer should be, IMO. Mirna could definitely learn a thing or two from him!
    LOL, there are really some teams in TAR wherein I myself canít distinguish who is who like Dustin & Kandice, the Guidos and even Kevin & Drew (didnít see their first season). Or BJ & Tyler and some others in the past. This usually applies to the all female or male teams. On the other hand, I can definitely tell Oswald & Danny apart as Oswald is the goodlooking one. Same with the Linz siblings. I can put the correct names to their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2338818;
    LOL, there are really some teams in TAR wherein I myself canít distinguish who is who like Dustin & Kandice, the Guidos and even Kevin & Drew (didnít see their first season). Or BJ & Tyler and some others in the past. This usually applies to the all female or male teams. On the other hand, I can definitely tell Oswald & Danny apart as Oswald is the goodlooking one. Same with the Linz siblings. I can put the correct names to their faces.
    I can't tell the Guidos apart for the life of me.

But I can tell apart Dustin & Kandice (no surprise there ). Dustin is the shorter one with the wider eyes (she's on the left of my avatar). Kandice is the other one.

FORT Regular

Friends--longtime lurker here just stopping by to say hello and to say how much I enjoy the "spoiler" threads.

The time zone I'm in doesn't give me the opportunity to join in on the fun live--butmore than once I have accessed your witty and pithy comments when I was too impatient to wait and find out how some episodes come out.

So--consider this a message of appreciation for other devoted TAR fans--and an attaboy to keep you doing your excellent jobs.

, Whirlingal! What a nice message. It's too bad your time zone keeps you out of the live fun, but feel free to jump in anytime! We'd love to have your participation.

+ Reply to Thread