+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2332672;
    Just finished watching this episode here in Hong Kong and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Charla and Mirna were funny on the Kung Fu stunt detour. It was also funny to see the driver shaking his head in exasperation as C&M cannot decide which place/detour they want to go and kept changing their mind. And the driver taking them all the way to HK island Star Ferry pier was priceless. Mirna talks too much. When in HK and you are talking to taxi drivers, it is better to keep your sentences or words to a minimum, otherwise they will get confused or not understand you. She should just have said to the driver to take them to the Star Ferry pier, period, and not add that they are going to HK island. So the driver misunderstood and took them all the way to Star Ferry, Hong Kong island instead. Eric & Danielle just instructed their driver to take them to the Star Ferry pier. No problem there.
    Maybe they were thinking that there was more than one Star Ferry terminal. That's what I was thinking, too. So they were telling the driver to take them to the Star Ferry terminal from which the ferry to Hong Kong Island departs. It's easy to see where the confusion came in though.

It was a jolt to see some of teams running along the ferry pier as I pass through this place every day on my way to and from work. But what disappointed me most was that D&O's HK prize was a Chinese New Year holiday, which means that they were already here in February. Dang, I was so hoping to get a glimpse of them.
    Maybe they didn't go for this past New Year's. They would have just finished the Race (they were obviously racing in December because of the Christmas decorations being up in various places) and might not have wanted to make another long-haul journey again so soon. Maybe they're allowed to redeem the prize for next year's festivities or even the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    'd never heard of 'heelies'(?). I thought Mirna was just dragging Charla across the floor with remarkable ease, making me wonder why people weren't falling on their bottoms all around considering how well waxed I assumed that meant the flooring must be.
    I've heard of these shoes before, mostly about the dangers of little kids using them unsupervised. I thought it was funny to see Charla zipping along. I was surprised she hadn't been using them before as it is a way for her to keep up. Maybe they just didn't show it before.

CrossingGuard - thanks for sharing the information you got by watching the insider videos re: the yield. Interesting.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-16-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist;2332585;
    1) Should Oswald/Danny have been given the chance to use the FF again?
    IMO, No.
    I'm hoping they listen to us about this. The FF shouldn't even be in a leg with an Intersection or an NEL.

FORT Fogey

And add to that intersection should not follow a NEL.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2333237;
    Maybe they were thinking that there was more than one Star Ferry terminal. That's what I was thinking, too. So they were telling the driver to take them to the Star Ferry terminal from which the ferry to Hong Kong Island departs. It's easy to see where the confusion came in though.
    There is a Star Ferry pier in Kowloon side and Hong Kong side. Since they were in Kowloon side, the driver should have just brought them to the pier there which is a shorter drive than going all the way to HK where they have to go through the underwater tunnel, pass through more traffick and toll booths. Not to mention costing them more money and time. Unfortunately, while telling the driver to bring them to the Star Ferry pier, Mirna then added "we're going to Hong Kong island". The driver probably heard Star ferry and Hong Kong Island and assumed that they want to go there.

Maybe they didn't go for this past New Year's. They would have just finished the Race (they were obviously racing in December because of the Christmas decorations being up in various places) and might not have wanted to make another long-haul journey again so soon. Maybe they're allowed to redeem the prize for next year's festivities or even the year after.
    That's a question I would love to ask them at the finish line if they make it there. Unfortunately, due to time difference, I wouldn't be able to call and participate.

I've heard of these shoes before, mostly about the dangers of little kids using them unsupervised. I thought it was funny to see Charla zipping along. I was surprised she hadn't been using them before as it is a way for her to keep up. Maybe they just didn't show it before.
    LOL, my niece has one of those. It was quite a fad here in Hong Kong awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by cerveza;2331938;
    I'll never understand why they have non-elimination legs. why don't they just start with more teams??

I believe the purpose of the non-elims is to keep last place racers from just giving up - "maybe it'll be a non-elim!".
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fan

Either E&D or O&D made a comment that struck me as funny. It was something about the D&K and C&M. "the girls and Mirna and Charla". Aren't all 4 of them girls?

I find it interesting that Danny & Oswald have gotten away with giving the standby code to Charla & Mirna virtually uncriticized. It was all C/M's fault at the ticket counter....or so I'm told.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 04-18-2007 at 01:41 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2336349;
    I find it interesting that Danny & Oswald have gotten away with giving the standby code to Charla & Mirna virtually uncriticized. It was all C/M's fault at the ticket counter....or so I'm told.
    Why should Oswald & Danny be criticized for giving away their standby code? It's not like it's against the rules. Or is there any rule against it that I am not aware of? If not, it's their standby code and they are free to give it to whoever they like.

CEO

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2336484;
    Why should Oswald & Danny be criticized for giving away their standby code? It's not like it's against the rules. Or is there any rule against it that I am not aware of? If not, it's their standby code and they are free to give it to whoever they like.
    Neither is using a yield, but that doesn't derail the hate train...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A couple of the tasks seemed worse than lame this episode. Were those tasked with creating them too busy enjoying the sights of Hong Kong to put much thought into them?

It seems rather late in the game to me to be having fast forwards to begin with, but if you're going to include one, at least have it amount to a challenge. There was no challenge awaiting Danny and Oswald, many more people would PAY for the opportunity to take the ride they did than turn awhile like nervous nellies, I bet. For a fast forward, I believe it ought to be a task that would cause most teams to take at least a micro-seconf pause to consider whether the fast foward is worth doing THIS. And have the this being something that lessor competitors might say to heck with midway through.

Not this fast forward. The decision making ceased once they duded up in their protective gear and got into the car. ANYONE would have known they were safe as could be involved with a task like that. They should at least have had a series of events that got progressively hairier that the teammates were informed of, so they had a chance to chicken out at some point.

Far too simple and painless a task for what they received for their inaction.

The pull the gnome across the water task was nothing more than an irritating waste of time. You want to include the gnomes, fine, but at least have a task like one teammate hurling it from a catapult and having the other catch the spinning projectile by its pointy little head. THAT would've been a sight to see.

Bonus minutes awarded to those managing to 'catch' it in some other manner than having it impale their bodies.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 04-18-2007 at 09:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread