+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2332404;
    Well I just got finished watching some of the Episode Clips CBS had to offer. I kept wondering throughout the show why Charla & Mirna are so mad at the BQs for using the yield on Eric & Danielle. I mean, they didn't yield them, so why should they be mad. But I found out from watching the Episode Clips that Charla & Mirna were mad at at Dustin & Kandice because they lied about them being yielded last season (Dustin & Kandice told Charla & Mirna and Eric & Danielle that they were yielded on TAR10). Unfortunately, the episode where the BQs yielded Bama was just airing in Malaysia, so Charla & Mirna (and not to mention Eric & Danielle) saw Dustin & Kandice weren't the victims of the yield; they were the users of the yield.

Also, I don't like how Oswald & Danny get to use the Fast Forward again. It may because they first used the FF during the Intersection, but whatever. They still got the advantage twice.
    Oh that is TOOO funny! :nono on the BQ's....you got caught!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2332460;
    Once again we have to suffer through an NEL. I am totally disappointed that The Boobs were saved. I was really ready for them to go, they are so negative about the race and towards each other.

And I was also not hating Schmirna again this ep. Mirna was really toned down again and she was much more supportive of Charla then we have seen in other legs. I was laughing out loud when Charla activated her super shoes and Mirna dragged her through the airport!

The BQ's are starting to get on my nerves. I don't understand why they have all of a sudden taken on the role of hypocrite, but they have almost traded places with Schmirna as the most "righteous" racers.

I love Team Cha-Cha! Danny and Oswald are the best thing that has happened to the race this season! Of course this means that they will not win, but I enjoy every moment they are on my TV. I think it was totally fair that they used the Fast Forward, whoever gets their first has the right to use it period.

Based on the previews I think that D/O will get yielded next week. They are perceived as the best team left by the other racers. I think The Boobs and the BQ's will band together to get rid of them because they would prefer to compete against Schmirna in the final leg.
    It was really obvious that it was going to be a Nel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2331842;
    I think it would be cool as hell myself. Now this Kung Fu thing on the other hand. I hate heights.

I'm with you, Unk. They would have had to send Phil out to eliminate me because I would still be looking for the sign. I was freaked out on my couch when they were complaining that the bamboo was shaking.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fan

My 2 cents worth of certain issues discussed here:

1) Should Oswald/Danny have been given the chance to use the FF again?
    IMO, No. By changing the rule of having FF on every leg to just 2 legs on the entire race, already reduced strategical playing of teams to some extent. And now, the ability to use the FF twice? It gives that team two free 'Save from Elimination' passes. And that is just for reaching the FF clue first, and reaching a clue first does not equate to good racing. (Not that I am saying Oswald/Danny are not good racers though. They are in fact.)

2) Was Charla/Mirna or Dustin/Kandice 'wrong' at the Malaysian Airline ticket counter?
    I will have to say that neither of them are in the wrong. I am not sure what the procedure/rule of thumb is when it comes to swapping the names of standby tickets though. Thus, all I can say is that I have to give both team credits for fighting their hardest to stay in the race.

However, Dustin/Kandice complaining at the China Airline ticket counter was probably uncalled for. Danny/Oswald and Charla/Mirna definitely outsmarted them. But if my observance is sharp enough, Eric/Danielle did pass a few comments at the ticket counter too. So, why is Charla/Mirna just yakking about the BQs?

A few points I would like to make. Eric's will to win seems to have depleted. He does not seem to have the fire to press on anymore. This is unlike the time when he paired with Jeremy. Also, to read the map and drive at the same time? Can't Danielle at least do one of the task? The next episode would probably be all about Danielle standing up to challenge. I feel that their story arc has only just developed. Not that I wish for it, but I feel that they would make F3.

Heh, another yield next week. Having two yields positioned in the later part of the game is probably a better arrangement, as there is a higher chance that both yields would be used. The 'yield karma' story has not fully developed. I am looking forward to how this story plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoaster
    As much as anything else, I'd guess because the BQ's appear to be enjoying themselves to a degree that grates on others that often aren't. They don't appear to be too nasty or underhanded in their play, though some of their comments reflected back toward those irked by them in general may have validated somewhat negative comments about them to third party observers not directly engaged in the fun exchanges.

LG.

I agree with pg13 from a bunch of posts ago that I greatly prefer the "marked for elimination" than the other NEL "muggings" they had in prior seasons. I hated watching Americans beg for money in other countries - so distateful, give us your hard-earned money so we can go win a million dollars. The only time I enjoyed it in the least was when the one team of guys dressed up in their silliest outfit so that they'd have to race on wearing snorkles and shorts and flannel shirts or whatever that was, and it wasn't even a NEL. Other than that - this is a much better solution.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular

Just finished watching this episode here in Hong Kong and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Charla and Mirna were funny on the Kung Fu stunt detour. It was also funny to see the driver shaking his head in exasperation as C&M cannot decide which place/detour they want to go and kept changing their mind. And the driver taking them all the way to HK island Star Ferry pier was priceless. Mirna talks too much. When in HK and you are talking to taxi drivers, it is better to keep your sentences or words to a minimum, otherwise they will get confused or not understand you. She should just have said to the driver to take them to the Star Ferry pier, period, and not add that they are going to HK island. So the driver misunderstood and took them all the way to Star Ferry, Hong Kong island instead. Eric & Danielle just instructed their driver to take them to the Star Ferry pier. No problem there.

I can only marvel at Oswald and Danny's luck in this episode. From getting the last seat on the China Airlines, to getting the fast forward and being able to arrive at the pit stop with no money left. At first I was not worried that Danny spent almost all of their money on the last task as they are usually given cash at the beginning of the next leg. But US$80.00 only for their Hong Kong leg? Hong Kong is one of the most expensive places in the world. But luckily, even their last $20.00 was enough for them to pay the tunnel toll. As always, these two crack me up. Oswald's reaction at the stunt and what he said to the stunt driver about taking care because his mother wants him back was also funny. Danny running to Phil to tell him that they have no money left. LOL. It would be sad to see these guys go. It was sweet of Oswald to tell the lady at the mat with Phil that she's beautiful. She looks so familiar and I'm trying to rack my brains as to who she is.

It was a jolt to see some of teams running along the ferry pier as I pass through this place every day on my way to and from work. But what disappointed me most was that D&O's HK prize was a Chinese New Year holiday, which means that they were already here in February. Dang, I was so hoping to get a glimpse of them.
    Last edited by mgibbson; 04-16-2007 at 10:54 AM.

FORT Newbie

Ya, the race is over by now.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2332248;
    Not just because I want this to be the outcome, but without even seeing the episode, Yielding Eric/Danielle might be a smart move. They already have the 30 minute penalty against them, so why not push them back farther? Judging by the previews, I have to wonder if Oswald/Danny are in on the Yield. They don't seem like the types that really care as much about alliances or what everyone else is doing. Or maybe they're the ones that get Yielded They seem like an unlikely target.
    What a brilliant idea. Yield the team that already has a potential 30 penalty. Still look who are we talking about doing it: C/M, D/O. If I was Danny and Oswald I would rather race against two female teams than risk losing to a physically strong team like E/D. If I was Charla and Mirna I would be an idiot and keep E/D and lose the million dollars at the end.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ansonlai;2332449;
    yay! this epidose 's detination is Hong Kong? Awesome I can hardly wait for watching the show tonight ! But I still have to wait for about 6 hours, so excited that they come to Hong Kong
    Yup. I missed the season when they first went to HK so I'm glad they went again, and judging from the previews, I think they're headed to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Macau.

This is ridiculous that they put a clue in a laundry and pull a small boat with a damn travelocity gnome in Victoria Park.
    Are you kidding me? Maybe I just expect more that that becasue I'm from Hong Kong.
    Hong Kong have some other cool places are worth to visit. Most of the tasks do not related to Hong Knog.
    I mean all the Kong Fu things,climbing and kicking some doors.Meaningless.
    And I just cant forgot I have skipped two classes and go to the airport to wait for the teams in December.

HONG KONG NEXT SIGHTING
    I have received information that Oswald and Danny and Dustin and Kandice have been spotted in Hong Kong. There was no mention of any other teams

This is what I found out on some other forum at that time. After I reading this , I decided to skip my class the next day to wait for them but I got nothing. Otherwise it will be a great spoiler.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 04-17-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Lingo
    Go Janie !!!Go

+ Reply to Thread