+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2321162;
    How is it, once again, that two teams with professional travel advisers who book tickets every day (the Concierge for O&D and the travel agent on the phone for U&J), cannot find the flight with the 2 hour head-start; but the team with the most drama can find it quick and easy on their own? TAR has used the airlines to gain a favorable (to them) outcome enough in the past to make me feel like I am not crazy for feeling a little suspicious.
    Well, we don't know how quickly or easily they found the flights. It might have taken awhile.
    What?! Am I still here?

Ok, I'll admit it. The "dirty pirate hookers" line made me cringe and burst out laughing simultaneously. That Eric, what a tool. A kinda sad, funny and pathetic tool, but the things that come out of his mouth, as disrespectful and disgusting as they are, still make me laugh. I don't know why.

Dannielle, we get it. You lost on your season because of a yield. Suck it up and move on, it's part of the game. Her whining is worse in my view than Eric's sad attempts at humour.

As much as I dislike Charla and Mirna, I get that they ran a good race last night. I don't begrudge them using both computers at the same time. Hey, it's a race and you need every advantage you can get. Obviously it paid off for them. I respected also that Mirna wasn't ticked at Eric for making her wait at the airport later, as payback for the computers. She still bugs the heck out of me but they did run a good race. Now, please let them NOT win. Please.

I like the BQs much more this time around than I did in their race. They were smart to choose the batik task rather than the needle-in-a-haystack cookie option. The batik task was really straightforward, and as long as you got the pattern down it seemed very easy to complete, even if a little time-consuming with the paint.

I too was surprised that so many of these seasoned teams chose the cookie task. In general, it's never a good option unless you get REALLY lucky. And the rule must have been that they had to BITE into the cookie rather than just break it in half? Was the taste of licorice (which I hate btw so I'd be gagging) what they were looking for or the black centre?

So, now that they are so far away and close to the finish, do the eliminated teams go to Mexico or are they put up along the way or somewhere else?

My 6-year-old loved the entrance to the caves and asked if it was a "real" place. This is the first season I've let my twins watch the show with me, and it is fostering a real desire to travel the world and see these places for themselves. It's such a great show, I hope it sticks around for years to come *crosses fingers*

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Danielle had her bike helmet on backwards (which looked hilarious), then it was on correct....then backwards.....then correct.....then backwards.....then correct. Wonder what was up with that?

FORT Fan

Was the taste of licorice (which I hate btw so I'd be gagging) what they were looking for or the black centre?
    [/QUOTE]

I'm guessing maybe the change in texture....they certainly didn't seem to be looking at each cookie when they bit it. Plus, the cookies looked pretty soft and licorice is chewy, so I'm guessing someone would notice the texture as much as the taste.....especially after biting into so many.

I caught the last few minutes of Uchenna and Joyce on the Early Show. They seem very happy and have both agreeded to work on their relationship. The interviewer did ask about how they felt about other teams especially Mirna and Charla. Both Uchenna and Joyce like/love Charla and have no problems at all with her. Joyce did say that Mirna is hard to take and that she is worse this season. Uchenna said he would not be as nice as Joyce and described Mirna like she was 'fingernails on chalkboard' and he too agreed that she was acting worse during All Stars then during her original racing season. They did say that if anyone wanted to know more about them to check out their website named 'UchennaandJoyce'.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2321274;
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Danielle had her bike helmet on backwards (which looked hilarious), then it was on correct....then backwards.....then correct.....then backwards.....then correct. Wonder what was up with that?
    I noticed that too. I thought, "hey her helmet's on backwards" and then the next time it showed her it was on right. And then the next time it was backwards again. Maybe she kept changing her mind about which way it should go?
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I think it was probably just the editing - the way they "cut and paste" the scenes. Just a guess on my part.

^That's definitely a possibility. That way the helmet would have only changed once.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2321044;
    Man, I feel sorry for Uchenna & Joyce, they really never stood a chance once they missed that flight. I'm glad they made it this far, though. Oswald & Danny had me worried here, I did not like to see that bickering and I hope it doesn't happen again, they've been doing well enough except for that part.

Dustin & Kandice did a great job tonight, and I'm glad they came in first, they're showing yet again that they can really win this. Charla & Mirna were a delight to see as well, they were in quite a good mood from start to finish and other than picking the wrong Detour choice and wasting time with it, I think they did a good job this leg. Great strategy in using two computers at once, as two people searching can find flights better than one and it prevented Eric & Danielle from picking up on that good flight too, and I was quite surprise that Mirna admitted Eric had a point regarding them waiting due to the computers thing. And I got a kick out of seeing Mirna saying those things to the children, I found it rather cute, actually.

Eric & Danielle. Boy, where can I begin with these two? Eric still keeps his place as one of the individual team members I've hated the most in the race, as in ever, and every single appearence of his makes me despise him even more. The guy is rude, condescending, immature, just downright gross and has about no redeemign qualities. Heck, for being so driven, he's pretty damn lazy. And am I really the only one who found the "dirty pirate hookers" comment rude and not the slightest bit funny? Danielle isn't much better, but she's basically a non-entity to me so I couldn't care less about her. I can only hope this "team" is the next one eliminated, then the final 3 teams would be absolutely perfect, as I like them all.
    Whoa, you just took the words out of my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2321055;
    I mentioned in one of my earlier posts here that the Boobs used a taxi when they were supposed to walk, I didn't realize Schmirna did too. They both should have been penalized for the amount of time the taxi ride saved them. That is what has been done on previous races. Maybe they didn't bother since Uchenna and Joyce were going to 100% come in last place?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyd;2321156;
    Thanks for your response! I didn't pick up on D&K using a taxi (I'm new, so I'm assuming that's who you meant?), but I'm going to watch it again to see. Maybe my prejudice against Chmirna coming through in that I only noticed they rode?
    The Boobs = Eric and Danielle

On this board, people commonly refer to Dustin & Kandice as the BQs.

+ Reply to Thread