+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Danny and Oswald crack me up even when they bicker. "I hate you. I hate you." As a mantra it worked for me.

I think Eric's gross comments about D/K slightly startled Danielle. Maybe she was thinking, "I wonder what he thinks of me?"

Man was it hot, or what? Interesting race with throw it up in the air decisions. Everyone who chose cookies must have been hungry. Chmirna blew it with the cookies, but I'm glad Dustin/Kandace worked right through their tasks. I'm liking them more and more each leg. They are showing strategy and class at the same time. Or, very good editing...no...I think they are just being smart, even with their continuuing transportation booboos.

Poor Uchenna and Joyce. This was another leg without bunching and they paid dearly. I'm glad they didn't have to perform any tasks - it was merciful to direct them to the Phileminator without delay.

As far as the Yield - in hindsight it was a bad move because the Yield was wasted; but their comment was that they thought they might be racing for last place. Chmirna was ahead of them and Uchenna and Joyce might have lucked out in Frankfurt and also be ahead of them. They calculated that, of the other two teams, E/D were stronger...oh, well. Hope it doesn't bite them in the future.

Not as many laughs this show - maybe it was the heat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Why, oh, why do these experienced racers fall for the "needle in a haystack race"? Nearly all of them did. Didn't they learn anything the last time?

Danny was certain they only needed to bite one cookie from each box. Wrong! Imagine if they'd stayed with the task? It's possible they could have bitten through one of each box only to then realize they had to do them all!
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fan

Too busy tonight with Easter dinner to catch the show, but am reaaly disapointed that U&J got eliminated. Oh well as long at the BQ's don't win They just irk me for some reason.

Man, I feel sorry for Uchenna & Joyce, they really never stood a chance once they missed that flight. I'm glad they made it this far, though. Oswald & Danny had me worried here, I did not like to see that bickering and I hope it doesn't happen again, they've been doing well enough except for that part.

Dustin & Kandice did a great job tonight, and I'm glad they came in first, they're showing yet again that they can really win this. Charla & Mirna were a delight to see as well, they were in quite a good mood from start to finish and other than picking the wrong Detour choice and wasting time with it, I think they did a good job this leg. Great strategy in using two computers at once, as two people searching can find flights better than one and it prevented Eric & Danielle from picking up on that good flight too, and I was quite surprise that Mirna admitted Eric had a point regarding them waiting due to the computers thing. And I got a kick out of seeing Mirna saying those things to the children, I found it rather cute, actually.

Eric & Danielle. Boy, where can I begin with these two? Eric still keeps his place as one of the individual team members I've hated the most in the race, as in ever, and every single appearence of his makes me despise him even more. The guy is rude, condescending, immature, just downright gross and has about no redeemign qualities. Heck, for being so driven, he's pretty damn lazy. And am I really the only one who found the "dirty pirate hookers" comment rude and not the slightest bit funny? Danielle isn't much better, but she's basically a non-entity to me so I couldn't care less about her. I can only hope this "team" is the next one eliminated, then the final 3 teams would be absolutely perfect, as I like them all.

I also noticed something funny regarding this episode. The two All-Girl teams in the race came in first and second place in this leg, in Kuala Lumpur. The first season of TAR Asia started and ended (partly) in Kuala Lumpur. The winning team, Zabrina and Joe Jer, whom I adore as much as Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna, are both from Kuala Lumpur, and became the first All-Girl team to win any Amazing Race. I can only hope that's some funky foreshadowing, because it's high time an All-Girl team won in the american TAR.

After a night's sleep I just had a few thoughts.

I am very sorry that the flight did not work out for Uchenna and Joyce, this season it has been all about the flight choices.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts here that the Boobs used a taxi when they were supposed to walk, I didn't realize Schmirna did too. They both should have been penalized for the amount of time the taxi ride saved them. That is what has been done on previous races. Maybe they didn't bother since Uchenna and Joyce were going to 100% come in last place?

I really love the ChaCha's. Even when they are fighting it is so calm. Danny seems to be the emotional one in the partnership, but Oswald just let him work his way through it. They are a really great team.

I didn't really like the Beauty Queens in their season, because I thought they raced very nasty. I also didn't like how when they went to a ticket booth in one of the eps, they asked if people didn't know who they were. I thought that was very tacky. Who cares if they are American beauty pageant winners? But this season, I am really liking them. They are playing with a lot of humor and respect for the cultures that are surrounding them.

I have no problem with anyone using a yield. I would pick the Boobs over the ChaCha's any day. A lot of teams have said that if they can't win, they want to see Oswald and Danny win, so I think they yielded a team they would rather see lose.

I still think the "dirty pirate hookers" line was funny. Eric is still a tool, but it was a great one-liner.

CEO

Eric, with all of his 'offensive' one liners is not nearly as caustic as Mirna with her martyr complex and entitlement issues. Eric swings and misses with his humor often, but he doesn't display anywhere NEAR the nastiness that Mirna directs over-and-over-and-over again to her partner and most of the local populace that she encounters. A single episode with a favorable edit does not a saint make...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cyd
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2321055;
    I mentioned in one of my earlier posts here that the Boobs used a taxi when they were supposed to walk, I didn't realize Schmirna did too. They both should have been penalized for the amount of time the taxi ride saved them. That is what has been done on previous races. Maybe they didn't bother since Uchenna and Joyce were going to 100% come in last place?
    Thanks for your response! I didn't pick up on D&K using a taxi (I'm new, so I'm assuming that's who you meant?), but I'm going to watch it again to see. Maybe my prejudice against Chmirna coming through in that I only noticed they rode?

CEO

How is it, once again, that two teams with professional travel advisers who book tickets every day (the Concierge for O&D and the travel agent on the phone for U&J), cannot find the flight with the 2 hour head-start; but the team with the most drama can find it quick and easy on their own? TAR has used the airlines to gain a favorable (to them) outcome enough in the past to make me feel like I am not crazy for feeling a little suspicious.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2321162;
    How is it, once again, that two teams with professional travel advisers who book tickets every day (the Concierge for O&D and the travel agent on the phone for U&J), cannot find the flight with the 2 hour head-start; but the team with the most drama can find it quick and easy on their own? TAR has used the airlines to gain a favorable (to them) outcome enough in the past to make me feel like I am not crazy for feeling a little suspicious.
    I wonder if that is because typically, the professional travel advisers are not looking for the "first one to arrive" flights. In normal travel, how often is that the deciding factor? More often than not, the pros are looking for the cheapest flight, or the most reliable airline, or factors like that. So it could be that when the racers to to a pro, they've got to overcome the normal mindset of a pro, and convince them that nothing matters but getting to the final destination first.

Leo
    Premium Member

Yielding Eric and Danielle was wrong, but that's only because of hindsight. I can understand why Dustin and Kandice did it. They didn't know that both Uchenna and Joyce and Charla and Mirna were either massively delayed or not that far ahead. It wasn't unreasonable to believe that all three teams on the same flight were fighting not to be last - and the one use of the Yield which I do (sort of) understand is to make sure that whoever is last stays there. Based on what they knew, it wasn't a bad decision.

+ Reply to Thread