+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

cyd
    FORT Newbie

Re: 4/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Why didn't Chmirna get a penalty for not walking to the detour? They took a taxi to the cookie challenge, and then they took a taxi to the batik challenge. Phil clearly said "on foot 1/3 of a mile" to the batik and "on foot 1/2 a mile" to the cookies. What gives???

FORT Fan

"We have to get to Kuala Lumpur today. Our lives depend on it." - Uchenna
    I thought he said "Alot depends on it".

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7;2320497;
    I am very pleased with the placement tonight. Even though Charla and Mirna didn't get to come in first, I am happy that they came in 2nd. I don't understand why there are some that think Yielding is dirty, its fantastic!!! Use it, its a race!!!
    I agree with the use the Yield to your advantage. D/K did that in order to beat E/D.

Question: Was that the first yield of the race? I forget.

FORT Regular

What were Oswald & Danny fighting about as shown in the preview? Was it an ugly fight or just some minor bickering?

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbson;2320762;
    What were Oswald & Danny fighting about as shown in the preview? Was it an ugly fight or just some minor bickering?
    Pretty much just minor bickering over which to do...the batik or eat the cookies. It wasn't too bad. I think they were just hot, tired, hungry and irritable. They got over it by the end of the day.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2320772;
    Pretty much just minor bickering over which to do...the batik or eat the cookies. It wasn't too bad. I think they were just hot, tired, hungry and irritable. They got over it by the end of the day.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The batik challenge sounds pretty familiar. It was one of the detour challenges on the Malaysian episode of TAR Asia - a choice of batik or pottery making.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by teddyray110;2320746;
    I agree with the use the Yield to your advantage. D/K did that in order to beat E/D.

Question: Was that the first yield of the race? I forget.
    I believe so. I was wondering if the Yield still existed because I couldn't believe it hadn't been used yet. I know they aren't on every leg but I can't imagine this would be the first one. I don't get why people think playing the Yield is dirty, either I remember Dustin/Kandice catching flack last season for Yielding the Bamas, who would have done the same thing to them. I don't really care for the Yield but it's not against the rules and you gotta do what you gotta do to stay in the race.

I had to laugh at Eric tonight when he was upset over Charla/Mirna not sharing the computers. Had they done that I'm sure he would have been commenting how stupid they were for giving up an advantage and that he'd never be that nice (like we don't know it). He is an ass yet that arrogance will never let him see what an immature obnoxious wannabe pretty boy he thinks he is. I had to laugh when Joe/Bill were giving post show interviews and think Eric's hostility towards them has to do with his "own sexual issues" He and Danielle were the worst casting choice for AS I never thought I'd say it, but I wish David/Mary or Rob/Amber had lasted longer than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2320721;
    I thought he said "Alot depends on it".
    I listened to it again and I thought he said "our lives depend on it" and then I put it on mute and the cc also says "our lives depend on it".

Can't say I'm sorry to see U/J go. I haven't been a fan of them. I thought the race last time fixed their marriage, yet here we are again listening to how they have fixed their marriage by running the race. What will they do in a few years when their marriage again hits the rocks and there is no Amazing Race to run?

Eric's 'dirty pirate hookers' line is very disresectful yet oddly humorous because he continuely shows us just how big a jerk he is. But they finished well, especially considering the yield. They found the cookie fairly fast. Thought he was kind of joking about the roadblocks I think he did feel a bit bad that he got all the easy ones.

D/O were falling apart a bit this leg. First the indecision on the detour choice, and then the mistake on counting how many stamps to do. Hope they get it together before the next leg.

Did the BQ's win the scooters last year? I can't remember but was thinking it was them for some reason. Happy for them they came in first anyhow.

Charla and Mirna sure know how to find good flights. This is not the first example we've seen of this. I don't care for them, but this is a good thing in this race. I hope they are out next though.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2320911;
    Did the BQ's win the scooters last year? I can't remember but was thinking it was them for some reason. Happy for them they came in first anyhow.
    They won two motorbikes.

And it was pretty funny how Phil told them that they could take passengers with them, and that led Dustin to ask if Phil would join her. He didn't give an answer.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2320772;

They always get over things really quickly. I think one of the sweetest moments tonight was when they were in the taxi after the Roadblock and Danny was telling Oswald (hope I got the two correct) all about how he had been getting drinks from people while performing the task-he wasn't irritable at all anymore and Oswald kind of calmly said "So while I was worrying, you were getting a free lunch?" I think if a member of any other team had been saying that, it would have sounded really hostile, but Oswald seemed genuinely glad that Danny wasn't upset anymore and didn't care that his friend got something he didn't.

I'm still hoping the Cha-chas take this

+ Reply to Thread