+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 3/25 Delayed Start Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by augie;2301011;
    For those of you in the US who have been plagued by delayed broadcasting, you might be amused to know that here, in Canada, our Juno Awards (equivalent to the American Music Awards) is going to be delayed because of the upcoming two- hour episode of TAR.

Sorry, don't know how to post a link. Help, anyone?
    Nice to know that TAR is a priority in Canada, yet our FORT Canadians can't see The Finish Line or other videos on CBS.com!
    I love TAR!

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2301172;
    Type [url].
    Then the entire url including the http://.
    Then type [url] again but put a / before the u.
    If I actually put in a / before the u right now I will create a link and you will not be able to read this post properly.
    Another option is to click on the link button in the message window.

Another pop-up window will appear...

Just enter the url and click OK.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Last week, with Rob & Amber gone, I would have thought the ratings would have gone way done. Oddly enough, TAR11 gained viewers on the episode after Romber's departure, with 12 million viewers.

This week, I was hoping TAR11 would maintain the ratings. It didn't. The last episode brought in 10.58 million viewers.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff;2301196;
    Nice to know that TAR is a priority in Canada, yet our FORT Canadians can't see The Finish Line or other videos on CBS.com!
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story
    Here's a link to the latest on my previous post about the Juno Awards being delayed because of TAR. Seems TPTB changed their minds. However, since I am on the west coast, I'll still have a front row seat at the right time.

Thanks for the tips on linking. Hope this works.
    Last edited by augie; 03-28-2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: trying to add link

FORT Fan
    This episode sucked and here's the reason why.

I am not a fan of bunching, always at airports or whatever form of transportation they take.

But what is the enjoyment in a race when flights are not even available to teams? There is no strategy behind getting a flight, its just pure luck that you can get on. In this episode with the lack of flights racers had zero percent chance to catch other teams.

Its frustrating when their are "equalizers" when teams build a lead, but team should not build a major lead based on pure lack of flights to a specific area.

How can anyone enjoy this? U&J had zero risk with the flights and it was pure luck and zero zero zero skill in the race.

With the long boat ride that just kept teams further and further apart. Hey but at least there were gurentee's they could get on that

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by augie;2301928;
    www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story
    Here's a link to the latest on my previous post about the Juno Awards being delayed because of TAR. Seems TPTB changed their minds. However, since I am on the west coast, I'll still have a front row seat at the right time.

Thanks for the tips on linking. Hope this works.
    Caving into public opinion....
    Sorry, but noone I know is interested in watching the Junos.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhead82;2302394;
    But what is the enjoyment in a race when flights are not even available to teams? There is no strategy behind getting a flight, its just pure luck that you can get on. In this episode with the lack of flights racers had zero percent chance to catch other teams.

Its frustrating when their are "equalizers" when teams build a lead, but team should not build a major lead based on pure lack of flights to a specific area.
    When TAR first started, a lot of teams thought they would have an advantage because they were familiar with traveling overseas and in dealing with airports. It rarely did give them an advantage, in practice--but in recent seasons, the course designers have taken away even the THOUGHT that airport technique might matter by offering guaranteed tickets or chartered flights.

Most airports, as long as all of the teams get to the airport at the same time...they'll all end up on the same flight.

So, here was some OLD SCHOOL TAR--appropriate for this so-called All-Star season, really--where airport strategy actually mattered.

It WASN'T luck.

1) Charla & Mirna take a risk...to quickly snag the quick trip to Jo'berg and then hope to be sent on to the final destination via stand-by. It's a gambit that usually fails (as witnessed over the years on TAR)--which is why even if the other teams were able to get on that same flight, they probably wouldn't have--but this time it pays of GANGBUSTERS for The Schmirnas.

2) Teri & Ian and Team Guido make the decision that preserving their place in line is more important than taking the risk that the upstairs agent could help them. It's a reasonable decision...but it backfires huge on them as the other teams all get on the connecting stand-by list ahead of them.

3) Meanwhile, the decision to abandon the line and go to the upstairs agent, grab the tickets AND have the forethought to get their names SPECIFICALLY on a hardcopy stand-by list...turned out to be one of the smartest decisions that the teams could have made...

4) The reliance on being put "on standby" that has strangely not snakebitten MORE TAR teams over the years came back to dig some serious chompers into most of this leg's teams...and that will add to the drama of future airport adventures for future legs and future TAR seasons.

Frankly, I'd enjoy it if there were FEWER direct flights, longer and more Rube Goldberg-ian connection paths...but for both game balance and the budgetary concerns of the show, I understand why it can't just be an absolute free-for-all...

But here was real life, real world, airport nightmares come true...and it's definitely added some of the old school TAR formula (before everything was handed to every team with lots of "marked cars, provided dramas, point by point spelled out clues and pre-arranged chartered flights) back into the mix.

I also have a theory about why E&D were taken off the flight and why it wasn't explained on air... We all know by now that after they film them saying "we need two tickets" that they actually have to book FOUR tickets (for their camera and sound techs)--and it might have been plausible that there WERE available stand-by tickets for Eric & Danielle...but not for their tech people...and that means E&D couldn't take that flight.

Could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhead82;2302394;
    How can anyone enjoy this?
    Usually with snacks and a soda...and a cute girlfriend...on a couch...

Works wonders every week, actually.

pg--Even though I said before the season began that TAR-AS would be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    THE...WORST...TAR...SEASON...E VER
    ...it is STILL TAR and I'm enjoying it for the inherent thrill of TAR--seattle

+ Reply to Thread