+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Delayed Start Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I hate to say it but many TAR fans acknowledge that the equalizers are sometimes a necessary evil to keep the race interesting. Perhaps this is why they coupled the airport chaos with the three hour wait time between boat departures. This doesn't bother me in the least. Imagine the race without equalizers. One or two teams jump out to a three hour lead on one leg of the race. If they are able to hold on to that lead and one of those teams are able to extend that lead by 1-2 hours on the next few legs of the race, by the end of the race they could have a one day lead. Now on the final leg you have one team leaving a full day ahead of the other two teams in the final, than at best you're tuning in to see a race for second, unless of course team 2 has a departure time about 8 hours before team three, then you're further screwed. Would you bother to even show up for that finale? It's tv, people are invested in seeing a race, people are invested in their favorite teams and hoping to see them make it another day. Without those equalizers viewers would be checking out early and CBS can't have that. I'm enjoying the season, always enjoy the race. It's not perfect, but unless you gave me another family edition with parents running their 10 year olds around the globe then I'll be there watching until CBS gives up on TAR.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2298675;
    What Ian really said on the Elimination Station (and on the Early Show) was that there was "a religious migration going on and how there were about 10,000 people in the airport, all trying to get on planes.

Peggy, the Elimination Station host, stated that it must have been like a Woodstock or free housing or something like that....simply meaning that everyone and their brother seemed to be at the airport trying to get on a plane.

Ian also said that they experienced the same kind of problems after being eliminated and trying to fly out to sequesterville. Thousands of people were trying to fly home from that religious migration.

Still, I would have thought that TPTB would have been aware of the timing of the filming and how it would have been around the same time as this religious migration, and planned something differently....like having three charter flights take off at different times and having the teams who arrived first get the best flight and those trailing in the back get onto the last flight.

I also read on the cbs site that C&M arrived at the dock at around 2:30 in the afternoon. Imagine the lead they would have had if they didn't have to wait until 5:30 the next morning to get on that boat!
    MamaC -- thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember exactly why the loads of people when I posted. Either way, I agree that TPTB, if they'd known, could have made other arrangements for flights to make it less difficult.

I, however, enjoyed the non-bunching of the groups, and while a TRUE TAR Fan and not complaining as mentioned in another post, I hope that there are some chances for the teams to get closer so that there is more of a competitive chance, otherwise the places will be so pre-determined it won't be exciting (not that I will stop watching mind you!).
    I love TAR!

I am a big Amazing Race fan and this season is starting to get boring to me. For an All-Star season the tasks and roadblocks don't even seem to be as interesting as a normal season. This is supposed to be the best of the best, and during the initial episode they have a forced night in a restaurant with designated leave times. Every season I remember the first leg is an all out race to the first pit stop with the roadblocks and/or pit stops, no sleep locations.

As I said the tasks have been pretty boring, like they picked the locations and are just searching for something for them to do. Where are the eat tons of meat/nasty food challenges? Where are the climb weird looking ladders in bat caves?

Instead we are getting throw this at a target, pick fish out of a pool, whitewater raft on class 3/4 rapids. I expected more for an All-Star season, not less.

FORT Fanatic
    Guess I'm in the minority but I enjoyed this episode, I thought the tie-up in the airport added some tension. I agree they could have them doing more interesting tasks, but the racing part has been enjoyable for me.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs;2298099;
    The tasks have been so disappointing this whole season - how could they drop off so much from the last TAR? I really hope next week lives up to its preview - can't wait to see the task with the armor.

There have been some good tasks but I have noticed that there haven't been any very physical tasks. No climbing up big boulders or anything. Which would benefit some teams (ie Charla & Mirna) more than others.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Last season the tasks were fabulous! I was excited and pleased every ep. This season I'm having a hard time accepting that I'm even watching TAR instead of a cheap ripoff of it.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder;2298867;
    I am a big Amazing Race fan and this season is starting to get boring to me. For an All-Star season the tasks and roadblocks don't even seem to be as interesting as a normal season. This is supposed to be the best of the best, and during the initial episode they have a forced night in a restaurant with designated leave times. Every season I remember the first leg is an all out race to the first pit stop with the roadblocks and/or pit stops, no sleep locations.
    Actually they always have that in the first leg. They usually sleep in a tent for the first night and have designated leave times in the morning so it's no different than usual.

FORT Fan
    For those of you in the US who have been plagued by delayed broadcasting, you might be amused to know that here, in Canada, our Juno Awards (equivalent to the American Music Awards) is going to be delayed because of the upcoming two- hour episode of TAR.

Sorry, don't know how to post a link. Help, anyone?

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2298675;
    What Ian really said on the Elimination Station (and on the Early Show) was that there was "a religious migration going on and how there were about 10,000 people in the airport, all trying to get on planes.

Peggy, the Elimination Station host, stated that it must have been like a Woodstock or free housing or something like that....simply meaning that everyone and their brother seemed to be at the airport trying to get on a plane.

Ian also said that they experienced the same kind of problems after being eliminated and trying to fly out to sequesterville. Thousands of people were trying to fly home from that religious migration.

Still, I would have thought that TPTB would have been aware of the timing of the filming and how it would have been around the same time as this religious migration, and planned something differently....like having three charter flights take off at different times and having the teams who arrived first get the best flight and those trailing in the back get onto the last flight.

I also read on the cbs site that C&M arrived at the dock at around 2:30 in the afternoon. Imagine the lead they would have had if they didn't have to wait until 5:30 the next morning to get on that boat!

In my opinion I think that TPTB may not have known about the religious migration. Maybe when they found out about the religious migration they didn't do anything because they figured that it would add to the drama of the race?
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Quote Originally Posted by augie;2301011;
    For those of you in the US who have been plagued by delayed broadcasting, you might be amused to know that here, in Canada, our Juno Awards (equivalent to the American Music Awards) is going to be delayed because of the upcoming two- hour episode of TAR.

Sorry, don't know how to post a link. Help, anyone?

Type [url].
    Then the entire url including the http://.
    Then type [url] again but put a / before the u.
    If I actually put in a / before the u right now I will create a link and you will not be able to read this post properly.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-28-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread