+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Delayed Start Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    This was by far the best episode. There wasn't a plane equalizer!!! Thats what makes it a great aspect of the race, its about taking risks. Then the long boat ride and the two tasks. Overall it was just a great leg, its like the older seasons where its not about just athletics but smarts as well. I am SO GLAD charla and mirna came in first too...Too bad for Teri and Ian, I liked them.

As for the priza Charla and Mirna won, I didn't know what that was either. Hmmm
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 03-25-2007 at 09:43 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Minus the whole airport fiasco with Teri/Ian and the Guidos this was my second favorite episode to an otherwise crappy season (so far). I don't like Teri/Ian and am not too sorry to see them go. But they did relatively well, and I'm sorry for the way they were eliminated the way they were. The vast majority of racers have said this race is 90% luck and I guess tonight is one more reason to prove it. I'm glad that the racers have to fend for themselves but I wish it wasn't completely out of their hands. Onto the rest of the race:

Still love Charla/Mirna, Dustin/Kandice, and Oswald/Danny! But really, that's the whole high seas nightmare? Her hurling over the sides of the boat? When they mentioned the storm I figured that was foreshadowing to her falling overboard (glad it didn't happen). And I had to laugh at the end when they didn't even know what they won. If I didn't watch The Price Is Right I'm not sure I would, either And I was so happy that their plane risk paid off this time.

Hate, hate, HATE Eric/Danielle. That guy just oozes cockiness and I was beyond thrilled when they got kicked off the plane. Danielle is just pathetic. I'll never understand why the producers felt the need to cast these two Uchenna/Joyce, just boring. Really nice, but just a boring Chip/Kim clone. That's always how they've been to me. Team Guido-still like them, though they aren't the same loveable villians they were during season one.

FORT Fogey
    I'm really upset that Teri and Ian got eliminated

Well go CHA-CHAS!!! I hope they win it all!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis;2296811;
    Phil's expressions crack me up. I love him so much more than Probst.
    Me too! Phil is so down to earth and seems to really enjoy being there. Not saying Probst doesn't enjoy his job, but he just seems really stiff and cold. I don't think we would have seen him running around, being chased by Oswald/Danny last week

FORT Fogey
    I likes how there were no equalizers this round. It was great. Eveerything was great. Sigh, either Charla and Mirna ened to lose, or keep winning so I dont have to see them half the episode or hear their scream. They were oddly, calm.

GAH!!! I know it's been mentioned already, but the whole episode had so much of Charla and Mirna in it (because of their lead) that we had to listen to that freakin' crazy fake Franco/Italian/Hispanic/Slovakian accent thing those two do. When Charla was begging the airport lady to "try" hookin' them up with tickets, and she said "trrrrry" with the rolled "r"... what WAS that?!?

I'm looking forward to the eventual challenge wherein these two fall back where they belong. When one of 'em said, early in the episode, "We've never come in first before..." that should tell you something. If you didn't get on "All Stars" for your competitive play, you got on for "good TV". Read: "drama". And of course, nothing helps drama like thick lousy accents.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2296830;
    I can't wait to see Charla fall in that armor next week.
    Have to give it to her.. If she could carry THAT piece of meat she can handle the armor

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7;2296831;
    As for the priza Charla and Mirna won, I didn't know what that was either. Hmmm
    The big irony is that they won exactly what had made Charla so sick (although the Cats they won are much smaller sailboats than the big ones they were on before). Since they didn't know it would make her sick, it couldn't have been planned that way, but it did come off as pretty funny because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2296832;
    Uchenna/Joyce, just boring. Really nice, but just a boring Chip/Kim clone. That's always how they've been to me.
    I don't think Uchenna & Joyce are even remotely like Chip & Kim, other than being black, and a married couple. Their mannerisms, education level, and background details are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2296842;
    When one of 'em said, early in the episode, "We've never come in first before..." that should tell you something. If you didn't get on "All Stars" for your competitive play, you got on for "good TV". Read: "drama". And of course, nothing helps drama like thick lousy accents.
    Yup.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Am I the only one who was struck by the thought of "Twiki" from TV's "Buck Rogers"?

"The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

I am ashamed of myself for screaming and laughing out loud at that.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

+ Reply to Thread