+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Lurker
    I'm not going to watch it anymore after last night... so the ratings will be down another 0.000001% or so

Even my favorite team getting the boot won't stop me from watching this show. I love it! I will, however, be sad if Charla and Mirna make it any farther than next week. The rest of the teams I can deal with, but if they win, ai yi yi. Freaked out, crazy Mirna is hard enough to handle. Her smugness and self-righteousness after a win would be more than I can handle. I actually admire Charla's guts and determination. Too bad she's saddled with a whining martyr like Mirna.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2276439;
    Since the season began, TARAS ratings have continued to be lower than the previous two seasons, and CBS has continued to come in 2nd to ABC in the time slot for Sunday night.
    I know that this unfortunately means nothing in the big scheme of things, but TAR came in at #5 in the Toronto market, beating out AI and Survivor. The only shows with a higher rating were all three CSIs and Desperate Housewives. Frequently TAR reaches #1 in Toronto - we're very smart up here .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2276340;

I think Rob was taking his time with the letters because he knew they were out of it. I've said before, I think the times between U/J and C/M were a lot closer than it seemed. Why else would U/J be RIGHT there to help Charla onto the mat? In contrast, R/A seemed to be walking up the path at the end, not running. If there were any indication they were still in it and it would come down to a footrace, believe me they would have been hauling butt. Still I wish they had shown more urgency as it definitely gave away that they were last.

I was glad to see them go out with class, and with kind and loving words to each other. It was nice also to see them so thankful for the opportunity to run the race again. I hope Rob can find other ways to channel his competitive spirit, because it looked like he was so sad to be out of competing.

I saw Rob & Amber on Regis&Kelly this morning. He said that they were only about 10 minutes behind Charla&Mirna, so closer than you think.

They also talked about another reality show that is in the works. They said that it is "Big" but can't discuss any details. Guess we haven't seen the last of them.

FORT Regular
    I liked Romber, but TAR is a cruel game, you can go from first to worst in a blink of an eye!!

I will pray all week that Charla and Mirna leave next week!! I liked them on their first season, but I CANNOT stand them (moreso Mirna) this season!! In fact, anyone other than C&M can win the race and I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;2276552;
    They also talked about another reality show that is in the works. They said that it is "Big" but can't discuss any details. Guess we haven't seen the last of them.
    lol, is anything ever not 'big' to Rob when it involves him? As far as seeing the last of them... I'm happy to say that now that they're out of one of my favorite shows that I'd watch no matter who or what was on, then yes.. I, myself, have seen the last of them.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Rob plays a good game - when he tries. He can also, as demonstrated, play a truly lousy game. They went from FIRST to LAST in a field of 8. That's major, considering it wasn't caused by flights or other extenuating factors but, rather, by poor choices on Rob's part.

First mistake was not checking the spelling which, as someone already pointed out, was available to him. Since he wasn't fixing the spelling, they were apparently rearranging the order of the signs - really stupid when spelling was much easier and quicker to check.

Another mistake . . . stubbornly continuing with the task even after Amber suggested they move on. That was really uncharacteristic of him. I wonder why he was so adamant about getting that sign thing right.

Next mistake, assuming he knew where the next directions were sending them, without following the compass. And we all know what assuming does. Now, these events alone cost Rob and Amber major time that could and would have made all the difference.

Although it didn't turn out to be a factor in changing the order of things, Rob again assumed they needed to follow the path (as did Ian) without checking for flags first. This is so NOT Rob.

Karma, yeah, it'll get ya. Stealing the taxi could have set the karma in motion and lying about lying probably escalated it. I'm not surprised Amber lied to Charla and Mirna. I'm not even upset that she did. What DOES stick in my craw is that, when confronted, she didn't own up to it but instead lied about lying. Rob did the same thing in the previous show when he was confronted about lying at the airport. Okay, guys, lie if you need to but if you get called on it, have the guts to admit to it.

I'm not a Rob fan, obviously, but I will admit that he is generally a good player. All the more reason his decisions in this episode surprised me so.
    What?! Am I still here?

Though Rob and Amber is not my favorite team, I still wish they'd stay a little bit longer. Now it looks like it's Oswald/Danny and Eric/Danielle game to lose . Rob and Amber just keep the other teams alert 24/7, which is exciting.

FORT Newbie
    Sorry to see Rob and Amber go. The remaining teams are pretty hard to get excited about. This will be another season where I will now only enjoy witnessing the elimination of my least favorite teams (particularly Joe and Bill). Here is to hoping that the winning team is not totally distasteful, Eric and Danielle as well as Oswald and Danny seem harmless enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness;2276597;
    Rob plays a good game - when he tries. He can also, as demonstrated, play a truly lousy game. They went from FIRST to LAST in a field of 8. That's major, considering it wasn't caused by flights or other extenuating factors but, rather, by poor choices on Rob's part.

First mistake was not checking the spelling which, as someone already pointed out, was available to him. Since he wasn't fixing the spelling, they were apparently rearranging the order of the signs - really stupid when spelling was much easier and quicker to check.

Another mistake . . . stubbornly continuing with the task even after Amber suggested they move on. That was really uncharacteristic of him. I wonder why he was so adamant about getting that sign thing right.
    On The Finish Line today, Rob commented that the clue to the Detour did not list correct spelling as a criteria to receive the next clue and in fact, the clue stated that the arrows had to point the correct way, which was opposite of what Phil said. Further, Rob stated that they had researched the sailing route and were confident they knew the order. That is why I believe he stuck to the task, rather than automatically switch after the first "no".

Given that they did not know they were required to spell the names correctly, they didn't know until they watched the show last night why it was wrong.

All in all, had the spelling not been the criteria (again, unknown to them), they finished fairly quickly and in correct order which would have made a huge difference.
    I love TAR!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM