+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2258130;
    I think Colin & Rob are a pretty good matchup for each other, but the dynamics of the relationships, as well as a comparison of the females, give Rob & Amber a clear edge. Still, Colin & Christie are one of the better teams missing this season.
    I think Colin and Christie are more infamous than popular from their TAR season. Colin may have been a good racer, but he was way too short tempered and stubborn as an... ox (broken or not). Christie was just along for the ride and to make disparaging comments. I'm sure there are many better match ups for Rob and Amber than these two.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2258224;
    I think Colin and Christie are more infamous than popular from their TAR season. Colin may have been a good racer, but he was way too short tempered and stubborn as an... ox (broken or not). Christie was just along for the ride and to make disparaging comments.
    Total agreement about Colin and Christie, dberk. Those two gave new life to the phrase "ugly Americans". And being ready to risk jail for a taxi fare argument that wasn't worth the argument doesn't make for smart racing. You have to pick your battles better than that.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    That's my problem with Colin & Christie. He's a good racer, but unlike Rob & Amber who get along so well, Colin could not handle stress and took it out on his partner.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2258789;
    Total agreement about Colin and Christie, dberk. Those two gave new life to the phrase "ugly Americans". And being ready to risk jail for a taxi fare argument that wasn't worth the argument doesn't make for smart racing. You have to pick your battles better than that.
    Colin brought this up in an interview. He said that they went back and forth to the police station three times, and that when he threw the money down (which he admitted he did) he picked it back up and apologized for acting that way. I don't think there was any threat of Colin going to jail at all (and that was a voiceover when he said that, so who knows when he really said it).

I still think these two would run circles around Rob/Amber. AS is sorely missing without those two. We may have been spared Kentucky or Eric/Danielle had Christie not been pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2259687;
    Colin brought this up in an interview. He said that they went back and forth to the police station three times, and that when he threw the money down (which he admitted he did) he picked it back up and apologized for acting that way. I don't think there was any threat of Colin going to jail at all (and that was a voiceover when he said that, so who knows when he really said it).

I still think these two would run circles around Rob/Amber. AS is sorely missing without those two. We may have been spared Kentucky or Eric/Danielle had Christie not been pregnant.
    Thing is Rob/Amber are a team. Colin/Christie are him doing all the world and her yelling at him. I would have loved to see Christie do the climb under the bridge in Sydney or that ascender that the Bowling Moms had to do and got them eliminated from the final three. Colin carried Christie. If nothing else Rob and Amber are quiet and not hysterical twits yelling at each other and water buffalo. Still it would have been a tight and exciting race to see these two teams go head to head.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm not sure we're bothering to talk about the teams that AREN'T here in a thread about this particular episode.

As far as who IS here...I've got a couple of thoughts...and my first thought is going to be a blockbuster for anyone who has remembered my opinions from TAR discussions past.

1) As of this episode, I'm officially "rooting" for two teams... Danny & Oswald--that's no real surprise, I was positive towards them (although like others, I don't see a "hunger" for winning that will drag them to the final pitstop in first...I just like them and am amused by how they race.) The surprise...I find myself actually being able to root for...Rob and Amber.

SHOCK! HORROR!

I still don't think they should be on yet another reality show...I can think of a dozen other teams I'd rather watch...but watching the show, I'm not filled with the hatred that I'd felt for them previously. I'm not thrilled with the meaningless little games that Rob plays (and bully for Amber for trying to quiet him down on that...) but other than that, I'm liking how they run the race.

I liked Uchenna & Joyce IN THEIR YEAR and I'm not rooting against them--but I don't find myself wanting them to win.

Dave & Mary...well, I get the sense that they made such "good friends" in their first year...that's what they're really playing for this year. Hoping that happens for 'em in Sequesterville...but I'm not rooting for them to win.

Eric & Danielle...meh.

Teri & Ian... I'm not rooting for them. Teri still calls him EYE-an (and her "new" hair is hard to accept--more so than Joyce's...) Didn't like 'em then, don't really like 'em now.

Joe & Bill... Irrelevant. Seriously.

Charla & Mirna... Hated 'em when they were first on...they're giving me even more reasons to hate 'em this year. They're deserving of my instant mute button reaction. AUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHH! SHUT UP!

Dustin & Kandance... Hated 'em when they were first on...nothing's changed my mind. That's right. I'd rather root for ROMBER than the BQs. I think it has something to do with the glee that D&K feel when they screw someone over--and I get the sense that D&K have been given everything they've ever wanted... Say what you will about Romber, but they work for what they get...and when they show glee for screwing someone over, it's with a knowing wink of someone obviously playing the role of "reality show villain" rather than just being truly dark and evil inside.

...and Kevin & Drew? Best reason for never having an "All-Star" season--because you just can't recapture the magic from the first time... (See also "Team Guido")

So...I'm rooting for Romber (well, I'm first rooting for Team Cha Cha Cha...but the fact that I'd even CONSIDER rooting for Romber is a sign of the apocalypse to me.) Still seems like one of my pre-show predictions is coming true (with my rooting for Romber as the ultimate proof)...WORST...TAR...SEASON. ..EVER.

pg--I still can't understand how some of my fellow FORTskateers can continue to love both Charla & Mirna and the BQs. How do you sleep at night? --seattle

I enjoy watching Rob and Amber race together. They are good together and treat each other with respect most of the time. I hope they go far! They are the team I love to hate but they certainly amuse me.

FORT Fogey
    So far the season is really boring...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2263483;
    So far the season is really boring...
    Compared to Survivor and Big Brother, I'm enjoying this one a lot more (for only two episodes in). But yeah, not overly exciting like a new season with brand new contestants. Last season was a lot more challenging than this one is turning out to be, so far. What ever happened to making it tough for the AS?

I hope TAR, if they're given additional seasons, looks hard at the numbers and stats that show that viewers are tuning out by the droves this season so far. Even in the season premier, the numbers were low at the beginning of the show, then showed that even more people stopped watching as the show went on.

I knew AS TAR was a stupid idea, as I've said consistently. I hope TAR pays attention to the numbers.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread