+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adamperk;2256737;
    Wow, you are in for a long season if that particular incident bothered you. At the time Rob asked Amber to get the packs out of the car, he was paying the taxi driver. It was a smart player thinking about the time. Things would go faster, no doubt, if Amber gets the packs while Rob paid the driver. I don't know why this was such a big deal, but it is clear CBS edited it that way to get the same reaction you did.

Adam

Sorry you misread my reaction. You mistook humour for being upset. Not a big deal at all.

Thanks for pointing out that Rob was paying while Amber was taking the bags out of the car. Guess he holds onto the money too

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256750;
    I totally loved Oswald and Danny when they originally raced. They had great chemistry and when they raced it was fun and I wished I was with them.

I just don't get Uchenna and Joyce. I don't get their popularity and it is almost comical to see them race cause they think they have great racing skills and they both suck. As far as the shaving the hair crying fit. She acted as if someone had died. Get over it. I would have done it in a minute, after all it grows back. Can you just feel all the luv I have for Joyce?
    This season Danny and Oswald and Rob and Amber are my favorite teams.
    I don't get the "hate" that is thrown towards Rob and Amber but whatever!
    Regarding the Joyce crying over having her head shaved-you are absolutely right Bearcata-some of these people act like they are playing for $10 rather then a million. Look at next week's preview when Danielle is having a fit about the fish. Geez~!

Mirna is the only one who gets under my skin. I hated her in her season and I hate her now. She is a screaming shrew. The whole deal with the stepstool? Is she always that nasty to Charla? I'd bet the bank that Charla could kick her skinny bum! Now that..I would love to see! How else did she think Charla was going to reach those lugs? By levitation?

I didn't see Oswalds season, but I do like them. They are adorable. I'm sure Mary and David need the money more than anyone, but they aren't going to win it. Mary isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

I noticed that Rob and Amber did help a few teams out. Amber shared the answer for the roadblock with 2 (?) people and they seemed to be working with O/D. I can't help it. I love Rob and Amber. They think ahead, race smart and don't get caught up in the drama of who was eavesdropping, who is shrieking at each other....and they act like they are having fun. I'm hoping they win.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2256778;

I'm sure Mary and David need the money more than anyone, but they aren't going to win it.

I noticed that Rob and Amber did help a few teams out. Amber shared the answer for the roadblock with 2 (?) people and they seemed to be working with O/D. I can't help it. I love Rob and Amber.

Mary and David probably do not have much money, but after last season, they were given a new house, truck, and vacation (with the help of Rosie O'Donnell). Not bad for coming up short on last season of AR.

I also can't help but like Rob & Amber. They work well together and keep their cool. They will at least be in the top 3 unless something very uneventful happens.

I think Dave and Mary's popularity came from the fact they stood out in their season as a couple that had never been anywhere and people rooted for them.

Now that we have a group of teams that have experienced the Race and life, this is less appealing and we can see them clearly compared against the other teams.

While I wouldn't call this season All-Star, which conotates Best of the Best, I will say I am enjoying watching since we know all of the teams from the get go. To me, it has been very exciting, cheering for teams you like, hoping they stay in it longer so we can watch them, and heavily wishing those teams you don't like end up last on the mat. I just think of this season as the teams that we would have picked to see again (of course we all have our favorites that are not represented this time) and am really enjoying it all.

To have U/J and D/M eliminated in the next 2 rounds, would set us up for a very exciting rest of the race, even with Mirna/Shmirna still in it. You can't deny that the rest of the teams, aside from those two, are great racers and will push the envelope to stay in the race as long as possible.

I would love to have a second edition of repeat racers, maybe some we didn't get to see this time, as I think it makes for a very exciting race.
    I love TAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff;2256854;
    I think Dave and Mary's popularity came from the fact they stood out in their season as a couple that had never been anywhere and people rooted for them.

Now that we have a group of teams that have experienced the Race and life, this is less appealing and we can see them clearly compared against the other teams.

While I wouldn't call this season All-Star, which conotates Best of the Best, I will say I am enjoying watching since we know all of the teams from the get go. To me, it has been very exciting, cheering for teams you like, hoping they stay in it longer so we can watch them, and heavily wishing those teams you don't like end up last on the mat. I just think of this season as the teams that we would have picked to see again (of course we all have our favorites that are not represented this time) and am really enjoying it all.

To have U/J and D/M eliminated in the next 2 rounds, would set us up for a very exciting rest of the race, even with Mirna/Shmirna still in it. You can't deny that the rest of the teams, aside from those two, are great racers and will push the envelope to stay in the race as long as possible.

I would love to have a second edition of repeat racers, maybe some we didn't get to see this time, as I think it makes for a very exciting race.
    I too think of All-Stars as being the Best of the Best, but the producers made how popular the teams were the criteria of who they picked. The picks make sense if you look at it from that context.

Still I would have liked to see a race with Colin and Christie vs Rob and Amber. Would Colin and Christie have been as strong if Christie had to do half the Roadblocks as is now required unlike her season where Colin did them all (or most of them). Still the entertainment factor alone of watching Colin face of with another water buffalo would have been priceless.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder if they made the rule up because of Colin doing all the roadblocks.

I didn't like the trophy wife comment about Amber. Sure, she is beautiful (much more so than the more plasticky-looking BQ's, who are also less dumb than some less attractive contestants) but I don't think anybody got the boardroom thing solved faster than she did AND she was amazing on that giant construction machine.

She pulls Rob back and she doesn't just put up with anything. I think she straddles the support and questioning line pretty darn close to perfect.

Also, didn't like Drew one bit, but I liked Kevin. His attitude was spot-on, and he didn't eavesdrop. He was standing where he was supposed to with his guess. Mary was stupid enough to read aloud the answer. She didn't know he was behind her.

Didn't see Danny & Oswald's season (or don't remember them) but I really like them so far. So much better than the whiny gay couple on Rob & Amber's season. Also, team Guido seems fine so far. I thought they were supposed to be devious.

Oooh Bearcata! A race between Colin/Kristie and Rob/Amber would be fun to watch! I just remember how mean Colin was to Kristie, though. I guess some people just don't travel well together. I couldn't do it. My husband and I would probably kill each other...lol. We travel well together, but we think so differently, we would butt heads, big time! I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Rob puts on a show for the viewers. The way he treats Amber speaks volumes about his true character. He treats her with respect. Unlike Jonathon. Remember him? Everytime he screamed VICTORIIIIAAAAA! my ears bled. Now they are having a baby. Poor kid will probably be deaf before he/she turns one. If he/she is lucky, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;2256890;
    I wonder if they made the rule up because of Colin doing all the roadblocks.
    It wasn't just Colin - Chip and Kim won that race, and Chip did all their roadblocks too. Teams like the Bowling Moms were at a real disadvantage.

I would have loved to see Colin and Christie vs. Rob and Amber too - read somewhere else on this site that Christie is pregnant though (due very soon). Maybe that's why they're not on the show?

I'm still sad over Kevin and Drew - they, along with Oswald and Danny, were my favorite team from past races. I was so looking forward to seeing them again.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Actually with all the male/female couple teams in Season 5 (Chip/Kim, Colin/Christie, Brandon/Nicole), the females each did ONE Roadblock and they all happened to make it to the final 3. And I'm sure that's why the rule was changed regarding Roadblocks.

+ Reply to Thread