+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Mary can go, but I absolutely love David. David actually knows what the hell he is doing and Mary is the one who keeps screwing it up. When it was just David navigating the the airport they got their with no problems. Then, when Mary tried to help get to the Pit Stop, they got lost. David told Mary to watch how the nuts and bolts were placed and she says "Whatever". Mary can't go on a moral high road when she did the exact same thing that Charla and Mirna did to them ten seconds before.

Still, David = love.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256201;
    Wow, did we watch a different show?

The BQs ended up following Charla and Mirna ebcause they were behind them... and people say tehy shouldn't mooch off of them. Ok, so what do you do? Go AHEAD of the team? Err... ok... that makes logical sense... or you could just stick behind them and follow them.

Then they all pull over... Dustine and Candice offer to help them. They realised they were following a taxi and the taxi guy wanted mroe money. Dustine and Candice said give us the directions for free and you can follow us Charla and Mirna... they FREAKED OUT.

Charla and Mirna... went from top three to bottom two on my list.

David and Mary getting amd that their friends passed them? HAH... and, anyone noticing that this "alliance" of Charla and Mirna and Dvaid and Mary, both legs, they arrive at the same time.. in the BACK!
    Did Dustin and Kandice offer to help them? I thought Charla/Mirna asked for their help and they said no. Charla/Mirna said the cab driver wanted more money and Dustin and kandice didn't want to help so they drove on.

FORT Fogey
    What happened was Charla and Mirna asked for Dustin and Candice to split teh cost of the taxi... Dustine and Candice said no, just have the taxi guy give them directions... which, Charla and Mirna said no (then the BQs would navigate) then teh BQs left, then Charla and Mirna asked for directions because they didnt have enough money.

FORT Regular
    I can't wait to see the whole scene of Terri standing up to Charla at the airport next week (from the preview).

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2256190;
    I didn't think it was possible, but Mirna and Charla are 100x more irritating than they were the first time. GAH. Please commit some sort of leg-destroying mistake muy rapido so you can both vamonos from my TV!

As for Kevin and Drew, I was really rooting for them, but something is clearly wrong with Drew, so I guess it's for the best that they're finished.
    I hate to admit it, but you are right about Mirna and Charla. I don't know why they are putting so much added pressure on themselves, but they are. The BQ's told them to get directions and dump the taxi, because it was too expensive, but they didn't want to listen. They need to run the race not be led along it.

Thank goodness Kevin and Drew are gone. Drew should NEVER have signed on if he is as out of shape and prone to injury and illness as he appears to be. I wouldn't be surprised, if he deliberately stuck to the slower speed in order to be last.

Did Mary actually think Mirna and Charla should have stayed behind them rather than pass in the name of friendship? I just can't stand her and she has no business in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256210;
    What happened was Charla and Mirna asked for Dustin and Candice to split teh cost of the taxi... Dustine and Candice said no, just have the taxi guy give them directions... which, Charla and Mirna said no (then the BQs would navigate) then teh BQs left, then Charla and Mirna asked for directions because they didnt have enough money.
    I thought that was why Charla/Mirna gave him $20 for directions. They said afterwards "I wont eat tomorrow now" or something like that. It was for the directions.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2256216;
    I thought that was why Charla/Mirna gave him $20 for directions. They said afterwards "I wont eat tomorrow now" or something like that. It was for the directions.
    Maybe she gave him 20 dollars for the directions, or getting them that far. The point was Charla and Mirna wouldn't hear it to get directions from the taxi driver and then drive by thesmelves. They had to FOLLOW the taxi guy. The BQs said lets get directions and you can follow us. Charla and Mirna wouldnt hear it... they didnt have enough money to pay the taxi guy, wanted teh BQs to split it. Dustine and Candice took off... Charla and Mirna may have gotten directions but now that I think about it, I think they paid the taxi driver for hwo far he took them, then were following David and Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2256216;
    The $20 was apparently for the time the taxi already invested in them. It was their choice to follow a taxi instead of a map. They knew how much money they had and the BQ told them they couldn't afford the taxi - shared or otherwise. Maybe missing a meal will smarten them up. The whole scene gave me a headache.

I'm disappointed that the BQ didn't do machines instead of screwing on the wheel. One of them drove a tank last season which couldn't have been any more difficult, but maybe the other one couldn't drive stick shift.

I am not rooting for either Charla/Mirna or the blondes. They both get on my nerves. I can't wait to see them both eliminated. I am just surprised that either team would waste time trying to find directions when they should know how to read a map. It's too early in this race to try to be vindictive or a mooch. I think Charla/Mirna are a lot like David/Mary. They both thrive for building alliances and get angry when they think others' have failed them.

Part of what is so irritating about Mirna, though this time it's actually more pronounced, is that she's such a damn drama queen and always wants to come across as some sort of martyr. I mean, handing your entire pack to the taxi driver and "walking away" screaming.. then finally giving him $20 and basically praying for him because he's clearly a "bad person" (in the eyes of Mirna and Charla). Please just get over yourself, already.

The scene with BQs really, REALLY made no sense. The BQs were trying to be logical and find the right directions without getting hosed. How is what they were proposing defined as 'mooching'? And putting your foot down to the point that one of the few teams behind you gets sick of you screaming at them like a shrew and PASSES YOU, instead of hanging with you, makes absolutely zero sense. This is a race, after all.

The worst part is Charla was at least remotely tolerable and I found myself rooting for HER the first time they raced. Now, I guess she's been tainted by Mirna's influence and she's just as irritating to watch. Just bleh.

+ Reply to Thread