+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No iTunes or InnerTube what gives?

No iTunes or InnerTube what gives?

OK, I am pissed. I go on vacation to a wonderful place with no TV radio or telephone. After 6 hours in an Airport all I want to do is enjoy the premier of Amazing Race All Stars. You all know what I found on my TIVOŽ, but I think no problem, I watch the first 30 minutes and download the REST from iTunes and watch it on the train.

So I watch the first 30 minutes and go to iTunes, and no Amazing race. So I go to CBS.com innertube and no Amazing Race, so I even tried Amazon.com UnBox and no Amazing Race.

IF it isn't bad enough they try to kill this show by putting it on Sunday during FOOTBALL season, now they try to kill the show by putting it on during Golf Season. What next, delay broadcast, because it took a pot of water to boil longer than 1 hour during a cooking special!

But in all seriousness does ANYONE know why Amazing Race isn't on iTunes of InnerTube? Yet, Survivor is?

No idea why, but they never said it would be... only the clips and sequesterville clips. You can submit feedback to request it, as Phil Koeghan mentioned. Just use the Feedback link on the bottom of the Innertube page.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

i missed most of it and hoped to catch it on line -- no such luck...why are some shows on ABC available for watching on line and some not?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

to answer the question why NOT all shows are on innertube is because CBS and other networks made deals with the local broadcasters to only show a certain percentage of shows on the Internet. The local guys don't get a dime from the ad revenue CBS corp is getting.

That being said, Reality TV has a very low production cost, and they don't have to share any or much revenue with the actors, I really don't understand why they would put any scripted drama over Amazing Racee.

This really burns my tush too. I have written several strongly worded complaints to CBS. First you screw the show over with football and golf delays and then you don't even have the decency to offer an alternative viewing option. I will never understand their logic. Apparently 3 Emmys aren't enough to convince them this is a good show.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smartycat;2253890;
    This really burns my tush too. I have written several strongly worded complaints to CBS. First you screw the show over with football and golf delays and then you don't even have the decency to offer an alternative viewing option. I will never understand their logic. Apparently 3 Emmys aren't enough to convince them this is a good show.

I agree. It seems so many other full-episodes of CBS shows are available at CBS.com. You would think that The Amazing Race would be there too!

Even ABC.com makes episodes of Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Lost and Ugly Betty available online for viewing.
    You can practically watch anything that aired on MTV at MTV.com. Even VHI offers some full episodes of shows to watch online.

First they change TAR air date and now because it's on Sundays, the various Sports shows that air before it upsets the time. What's up with CBS, CBS.com and Innertube?!?! .
    Last edited by IMAPrincess; 02-23-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

+ Reply to Thread