+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teams That Should Have Come Back...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo;2256799;
    I really wanted to see Bill and Tammy Gaghan run the race again. As much as I love the moppets, I want to see what they could do without kids to look after.
    After thinking about it, I kind of wish they did include a team from FE. I didn't like the season and will never understand what they were thinking, but the cast wasn't too bad. I preferred it to TAR7 and TAR9. As I put in another thread, I just think it would have been interesting to see how that team (or teams) reacted since all they got for their race experience was a cross country road trip to the world's largest office chair, a big bear, and a side trip to Central America but that didn't even seem like a real TAR leg. So it would have been nice to watch whoever was chosen get a real shot and see how they deal with the elements like jet lag, airports, language barriers, culture shock, etc that all the other teams had to deal with before them (which is why second chance sounds kind of interesting).

Brian & Greg, and Kris & Jon.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

As only one other person seems to have mentioned... the Clowns. Who totally ruled.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I would have had Kris and Jon (great racers, great attitude, shoulda been first), Lena and Kristy (terrible elimination) and the clowns (so fun).

I think CBS and TAR should have had a (internet) vote of who should have been invited back. And limited it to so many votes per email.
    If the top vote getters were not interested-keep on moving down the line.

They still could try this and call it TAR-Viewer's Choice.
    It ain't gonna happen but one can wish.

FORT Fogey
    Oh god no. The voters totally screwed up the BBAS one. If not for CBS' picks, that season would have sucked even worse than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2264530;
    Oh god no. The voters totally screwed up the BBAS one. If not for CBS' picks, that season would have sucked even worse than it did.
    I was never a BB watcher so I guess I didn't realize that.
    I know my TAR all star picks would have been the best though!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by user name;2264530;
    I completely agree. I think that the producers and CBS have enough knowledge to know who the fans want to see, who they can tolerate seeing, and who they'd come after the producers like an angry lynch mob to burn them at the stake if they put certain teams back on TV without doing a fan vote. That fan vote for BB was so pointless, and suspicious, and even though that pool of 20 was a weak one to begin with I think it would have been a far more interesting season if certain people had made it in. I'm not overly impressed with this AS cast but it could be worse.

Kris & Jon, hands down, were All-Star players and really should have been on this season. It just doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have been invited- maybe they declined for some reason? Or are the producers that clueless as to how beloved they were?

Other votes:
    Season 1: Frank & Margarita, I guess Rob & Brennan for winning, but they weren't that entertaining.
    Season 2: Blake & Paige
    Season 3: Flo & Zach- her train wrecks were classic. and Derek & Drew: definitely TAR's best eye candy
    4: I don't want to see Reichen again, but Chip was cool. Jon & Al and Kelly & Jon, as others have said, were great entertainment.
    5: Colin & Christie
    6: This was one of the best seasons- why were none of them included? Kris & Jon, Hayden & Aaron, Lori & Bolo, Lena & Kristy... just NOT Jonathan & Victoria!
    7: they did a good job picking from this season.
    8-10: didn't watch

After the nickelodeon edition started, I stopped taping TAR, so I haven't seen the past few seasons, but I have been watching this season, and I have to say it's an enjoyable show, still. I forgot how exciting it was to cheer for your fave teams and boo for the others.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    Anyone remember Gary & Dave from TAR2? They are still one of my favorite teams. Gary was a straight-up Woody Allen clone, and the two of them were hilarious.

There was one episode where they used a Gary/Dave interview as narration for the entire thing. They did impressions and made fun of the other teams, and the editors kept coming back to the interview throughout the episode until we got Gary & Dave's take on every team. Still one of my favorite TAR episodes ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast