+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teams That Should Have Come Back...

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    The teams I would of loved to see would be

Chip and Reichen
    Derek and Drew
    Paige and Blake
    Chuck and Millie
    Kelly and Jon
    Lena and Kristy

Dream team

Mirna and Colin (great tv)
    Jonathan and Flo (eek)
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Lena and Kristy [Season 6] -- I felt bad how they got eliminated
    Kris and John [Season 6] -- Robbed :/
    Brian and Greg [Season 7] -- Mellow
    Meredith and Gretchen [Season 7]
    Linda and Karen aka The Bowling moms [Season 5] -- They were easy going

But I pretty much like the cast now
    Go E & D :]

The Imploding Voice jaggedjunkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan;2249194;
    Chip and Reichen
    Derek and Drew
    Paige and Blake
    Chuck and Millie
    Kelly and Jon
    Lena and Kristy

Dream team

Mirna and Colin (great tv)
    Jonathan and Flo (eek)
    Didn't Reichen and Chip get divorced and Reichen got together with Lance Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedjunkie;2250484;
    Didn't Reichen and Chip get divorced and Reichen got together with Lance Bass?
    yeah then Reichen hooked up with Davis from Real World Denver and suppposedly Lance found out, and now there dunzo

I think that if they insisted on calling this an All-Star Edition then they should have at least invited all the teams that won and that it should only include teams that finished in the top 3. Using any other criteria is just subjective. No All Star edition is complete without Rob and Brennan. The first season's contestants were the only ones who had no idea as to what to expect and the first season's clues were generally more difficult to decipher.
    Alternatively, if they were going to recycle contestants I think that they should have brought back the teams that were eliminated first from each season. It would not have been an all star edition, but I think that it might have been interesting (not to mention it wouldn't bring back any teams that have been over-exposed already).
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

FORT Fogey
    While top threes sounds like they must be good, the list does include teams like Chip & Kim, the goats, the Weavers, Adam & Rebecca, and Bama. Of course, they would be able to come up with a good list excluding the people these teams, but we have seen some good quality teams come in fourth or fifth, while some lackluster teams have won.

A season of first boots would suck since most of them deserved to be eliminated early, but I was curious to see what a list consisting of those booted among the first three would look like, and that may be worthwhile, though I still came up short in numbers.

Russell & Cindy
    Alison & Donny
    Dennis & Erika
    Lena & Kristy
    Megan & Heidi
    Two of the Aiellos
    Two of the Rogers
    Kellie & Jamie

Not the strongest teams, but I could see this being a pretty competitive season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by William13;2255709;
    I think that if they insisted on calling this an All-Star Edition then they should have at least invited all the teams that won and that it should only include teams that finished in the top 3. Using any other criteria is just subjective. No All Star edition is complete without Rob and Brennan. The first season's contestants were the only ones who had no idea as to what to expect and the first season's clues were generally more difficult to decipher.
    Alternatively, if they were going to recycle contestants I think that they should have brought back the teams that were eliminated first from each season. It would not have been an all star edition, but I think that it might have been interesting (not to mention it wouldn't bring back any teams that have been over-exposed already).
    Phil touched on this in an interview and did say something along the lines of if this was a true AS season, only teams that finished in the top 3/4 would have been included. But as username pointed out, would that have made the race interesting when you think about who would have been included? And some strong, entertaining teams with personality did get eliminated due to an unlucky break or decision, while some teams landed in the final 4 due to good luck even if they weren't the best (the bowling moms, Team Who, and any team saved by a NEL). I think doing a second chance would be interesting. For one thing, we barely got to know these people so it'd almost be like watching a whole new season. Plus, they never had the true race experience and have no idea what it's like. I would have loved to have seen Deirdre/Hillary from TAR2, Gina/Sylvia from TAR3, Dennis/Erika, Alison/Donny, Jim/Marsha, and Bob/Joyce from TAR5, Lena/Kristy from TAR6, Ryan/Chuck (who seem to get a lot of positive comments from Phil) and Debbie/Bianca from TAR7, and Vipul/Arti and Duke/Lauren from TAR10, along with Brock/Brittany Rogers from TAR8. Not all of them were the best race wise, but I think could have made things interesting. When I think of Alison/Donny, I always wonder what TAR5 would have been like had they lasted longer. I doubt C/C would have gotten the dysfunctional relationship edit for one thing (you wouldn't even need editing for A/D) and I wonder if it would have been the Mirna camp and Alison camp over the Colin camp. All these what ifs...I also have to feel bad for Dennis/Erika who seemed to go out due to a cameraman's error and the AA ticket agent lying to them about which flight got in first.

Colin and Christie..but understanding of the pregnancy at the time
    Jon and Kris

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by William13;2255709;
    The "loser's edition" might have been interesting, and I know other game shows have done that in the past (Millionaire and shows like that). But I don't know that it would have worked for a new edition of TAR. A lot of people might have been turned off by the idea of "losers" coming back (I know anyone who didn't win is technically a loser, but people who got out first or second are generally perceived (rightly or wrongly) as pretty weak teams and, thus, more befitting of the "loser" label.).
    But, then, I don't know that I would necessarily have wanted more winning teams in the show either (ie those who've won or finished in the top 3). I didn't really want winners to come back as they've won already, got the million bucks and tasted the sweet taste of victory, so give someone else the chance. And a lot of people who finished in the top 3 or so are not particularly people/teams I liked so I didn't want to see them (this has also been mentioned by others).
    I would think, for an All Stars edition, they would pick teams that were the most popular with the people and/or who were really good competitors. But, I guess, how is that determined? Would the producers look at which teams won the most legs? Or who did the best at the individual tasks on their race? There's a lot of different ways to calculate as to who the best competitors are/were. I think it would have been nice to maybe have a popular vote element, similar to what they did with BB All Stars. Maybe that might have made people feel they were part of the process.
    Anyhow, to get to the point of the thread, I guess, the only team I really wanted to come back was Kris & Jon. And I'm disappointed that they weren't selected. There are other teams I personally would have liked to have seen again (Lena & Kristy, for one), but Kris & Jon would be my first choice.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    I really wanted to see Bill and Tammy Gaghan run the race again. As much as I love the moppets, I want to see what they could do without kids to look after.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast