+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR 11 -- Sequesterville/Elimination Station

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    If the rest of the teams had not followed the BQs and turned right, the blonds would have been off this week.

Although I’m not a fan of the team, I’m not going to say that David and Mary are stupid. They are what they are. My opinion is they’ll be gone from the race in short order.

What I do agree with Drew on, is his assessment of Mirna and Schmirna’s tactics. I’ve railed on a couple of occasions about Charla claiming she’s going to prove to the world challenged people are as capable as the non-challenged, and then turns around and uses her ‘disability’ to her advantage. There are many examples from their first season, but I love that Drew pointed out how they’re already doing it this season.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 02-26-2007 at 04:23 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2256863;
    Was there any other stuff said? Did they show them interacting with Jon Vito and Jill.
    There was nothing said in Elimination Station that could be construed as spoilers, CCL, so no fear to look in there ever if you don't like spoilers. After all, after they're eliminated, they don't have any clue who the next to be eliminated is. They're more in the dark than we are, even

And yes, the Elimination Stations show all the thus-far eliminated racers interacting. Though this week, only the 2 teams are there.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

CCL
    Ah, it's not spoilers I fear, Nemeses. I'm just not one to watch video on my computer. Plus I've heard that Canadians often have problems on innertube (though I don't know if that is true for TAR). Thanks, though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2258985;
    I've heard that Canadians often have problems on innertube
    Ahh, you know what? I've actually read that in some posts in another forum I use occasionally. How weird, and what a bummer for Canadians
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

If you want spoilers (or maybe almost spoilers) check out the Finish Line at the TAR site for the Kevin and Drew interview. Relevant to this thread is that Kevin couldn't relax at the mansion - he didn't feel it was right to lounge after being in race mode and would hike a steep hill every day with Jill and (here he muffles a possible spoiler and covers himself.) Drew had a wonderful time eating and sleeping and eating and sleeping. Ah - the fancy life with servants - er, staff.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When I'm watching racers commenting on other teams I try to keep in mind what a different perspective they have from me.

First of all, they see so much more of the other teams and interact with them at pit stops. I'm seeing less than an hour of a long period of time and because of the editing can't tell how long (or short) a person took at a task.

Second, there are things that I see as a viewer that the other teams are not privy to. The confessional interviews for one. Some teams trash talk the other teams but are nice to their faces. Also, when teams get separated enough during a leg, they can't tell how well the other teams are performing.

Arielflies, I haven't had a block of time to watch the Finish Line yet, but based on your comments, will make a point of it. It looked to be almost 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2259112;
    If you want spoilers (or maybe almost spoilers) check out the Finish Line at the TAR site for the Kevin and Drew interview.
    Arielflies -- I saw the interview when it was broadcast live, so I believe I know what you mean. Interesting that he pushed the envelope to give some information that is an indicator on some teams longevity in the race.
    I love TAR!

FORT Regular
    Yeah, I caught that 'spoiler' too. I guess we now know which team is in the Race for at least a few more episodes! I wonder why TAR didn't edit that bit out?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I didn't watch the last couple of weeks but was dying to tune in tonight (and it still feels like I'm watching an episode of the Big Brother sequester house ). Of course all the other teams were shocked when Rob/Amber walked through the door. Jill made a remark about she and JV being a strong team and then having Rob/Amber, another strong team, being eliminated that it sort of made her elimination feel justified. The teams the racers think will be next are either Teri/Ian, Eric/Danielle or Dustin/Kandice. They said Teri/Ian because they've done so well so after Rob/Amber were eliminated perhaps another good team will follow. Amber says their elimination was due to the plane ride, no taxis, and the RB. Rob says none of the teams want to be there and would rather be sleeping in an airport or on some floor in Africa. Drew wants Teri/Ian eliminated because he doesn't want them to win Rob/Amber don't want Teri/Ian or Charla/Mirna eliminated because they don't want them at the house with them.

I am disappointed that there's not more to this I wonder what will happen when teams stop coming to the sequester house, because Jill said in an interview only 5 teams came to sequesterville.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Elimination Station

I don't know if this has been posted yet so my apologies if it has.

So has anyone been following Elimination Station? I never knew they had it until today and I think it is awesome that CBS is showing this. I feel that its a lot of the other teams personalities. To me, it seems like they are a little bitter about everyone and stuff, especially Kevin and Drew.

Any thoughts
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast