+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

TAR_FAN
    After watching episode 5, I was initially torn between giving Ian some credit for the rappelling and getting the truck going. But the more I think about the less impressed I am. Sure he didn't freak out and scream "pull me up at the cliff". He didn't curl up in a ball on the side of the road and cry like a big baby when the truck died. But lets not set the bar that low. The way he did the roadblock makes me think he did some rappelling before. After all he is a retired police officer. And though he was the best getting down the cliff, most people are at that level after a single day of practice. So unless he went running down the face australian style, I don't want to hear "Hooya!". He should have been coaching his wife or at the very least be supportive of her. Not even a "good job" for her when she got to the bottom. What a jerk. I think he felt threatened that his wife could do it almost as well as he did. As for the diesel fiasco, it was all his fault in the first place. Not just for being too stupid to figure out they needed diesel "Gee I wonder why our camera man keeps zooming in on the gas cap ?". Figure it out Mr. Private Investigator! The main reason he should hang his head in shame is for treating Terri like the idiot he was everytime she questioned him about whether the truck took diesel. Once the mistake was realized, I think most guys Ian's age would have been able to work out how to syphon out the unleaded gas. So the fact that he acts like the big gum-chewing hero after they get going again only makes me dislike him even more.

I do notice that when Teri has had enough, she lets him know it fast and direct and he at least has the decency to apololgize and shut up. He basically irks me cause I just don't like ppl that have to wind themselves up in a gung-ho attitude to get a job done.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

My thoughts-------- Re-read TARFANS post
    Well said!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i just hope they'll be boot out soon...i can't help but swtich to some other channels whenever they came on screen...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

What's with Ian's cap???

I think its some type of cap that you wear while sailing, keeps the sun out of your eyes and doesn't let it burn your neck. Lands End Catalogs used to carry them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

That it is. Of course, no self-respecting sailor would be seen wearing one, on a race less than 500 miles

We prefer either the crushable hats, or just a longer-billed baseball cap (my choice). And they have these wonderful little straps, about 8" long, with alligator clips on each end. You hook one end to your hat, and the other to the back of your shirt, so your cap doesn't blow away. Handy little things.

Whew, got that off my chest, now I feel better. Is it sailing season yet?

LG.
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    My prediction, Teri and Ian FF in Ep. 4, here to stay

As I stated in another thread, I want to go on record in Teri and Ian's thread in predicting that they will get the FF tonight (ep 4), which will give them a second chance in the game. I think they will go pretty far and that they will be edited to have a dramatic change in their behavior towards each other (ie, it will become more respectful and team-like) because I really think they've gotten some selectively edits snippets so far. Just a hunch.

I'll stop by tomorrow to eat crow if necessary.
    As I said way back on October 23rd when Teri and Ian were in last place starting off and facing elimination, I think they're here to stay. Drunken with my sucess at picking them so far, I'll go so far to predict a final three finish for these two. Muhahahahahaha, I've seen the future and it has more that its share of hooyas.

editing out a typo
    Last edited by LG.; 11-11-2002 at 05:13 PM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

zman

Team "IT"

I am rooting for Team "IT", they are old, they are bold, and they have lasted longer than five teams already....

Welcome Zman

I would like them to go far ONLY to show the young whippersnappers a thing or two! I really don't want them to win.
    On second thought, maybe they've already taught the youngin's a bit, so they can leave anytime now
    Be sure to share your thoughts on the other teams with us in their threads
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread